Star Trek Movie Prop Auction
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

Drexler: NX Engineering Room Construction
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

New Trek Home Fashions
By: T'Bonz on Jul 4

Star Trek Pop-Ups Book Preview
By: T'Bonz on Jul 3

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Misc. Star Trek > Trek Gaming

Trek Gaming Program Complete - Enter When Ready.

Closed Thread

Old May 18 2010, 08:13 PM   #211
Excelsior
Lieutenant Commander

Re: STO Trek BBS Fleet

Just out of curiosity, what does the Fleet Uniform look like? Think I saw it in the Screenshot thread, but can't find the exact images - it's based on Uniform B 03, as I recall...

Also, I realise that I buried my character/handle in mountains of rambling text before, so I'm reposting them below, for clarity's sake!

Here it is again:

Shepherd@Commander_Shepherd
Old May 19 2010, 04:30 AM   #212
aelius
Commander

/\ See post #82 on page 6 for directions and a picture of the fleet uniform.
Proud Member of the TrekBBS Armada
Old May 19 2010, 03:28 PM   #213
Excelsior
Lieutenant Commander

Thanks!

Good idea, posting the specifications - consistency like that is crucial to making uniforms look, well... erm... ...uniform!
Old May 20 2010, 06:28 AM   #214
STR
Captain

My fleet has taken a hiatus for a couple of weeks. If you need an extra guy, hit me up at j.t.@s-t-r

Beaten every mission except the new Undine STF. Got wads of purple loot (not that such stuff is that hard to collect, just saying) and a very good understanding of game mechanics.

Tom Riley wrote: View Post
My laptop won't let me take screenshots of certain things..... Everytime I try to take a screen shot of STO all I get is a screenshot of a black screen... same thing happens when I try to take a screenshot of any blurays I play, but with DVDs and my desktop or any other program I've tried it works fine...
In the chat box type "/screenshot_jpg" without the quotes.

Last edited by STR; May 20 2010 at 06:39 AM.
Old May 23 2010, 12:22 AM   #215
Angelsilhouette
Lieutenant

Tom Riley wrote: View Post
My laptop won't let me take screenshots of certain things..... Everytime I try to take a screen shot of STO all I get is a screenshot of a black screen... same thing happens when I try to take a screenshot of any blurays I play, but with DVDs and my desktop or any other program I've tried it works fine...
That happened when I was having problems with my nvidia drivers. (Long, painful process. Suffice it to say I'm going ATI the next time I upgrade.)

Taking screens would usually get me a black jpg but sometimes I would get a clear pic. Then if I took another screenshot if it weren't black, it would duplicate the 1 clear picture instead of taking a screen of what I wanted.
Old May 23 2010, 02:04 AM   #216
oxym'ron
Ensign

please add me flatua@james452
thanks
Old June 7 2010, 01:30 AM   #217
Brent
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Brent Send a message via AIM to Brent Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Brent

Is the TrekBBS Fleet still active? What is it called?

I dropped out a while ago, and joined another fleet, but the fleet I joined has sucked, no one is hardly ever online and we never do anything.

Since I'm a very active member of this forum, I am wondering if the TrekBBS fleet in STO is also very active, how many people are on at a time? Are there fleet missions and such? I may be interested in rejoining. I'm a RA5 in the game.

My Let's Play Series of STO - http://www.youtube.com/user/JustGaming4Us
Old June 7 2010, 02:25 AM   #218
Timelord Victorious
TARDIS Janitor

not as active as I wish. Most of the times I log in these days i'm the only fleet member there. But then again I am in the middle of europe and don't exactly play at American prime time very often...
The fleet is called TrekBBS Armada. PM me in the game, I'll give you an invite next time I log in.

I play as Thafool@Timelord_Victorious and Syusaza@Timelord_Victorious.
Old June 9 2010, 04:14 AM   #219
Excelsior
Lieutenant Commander

Hey, Thingol - I've sent you a PM in-game requesting to join the Armada - haven't joined a fleet yet as I wanted to join one with Trek-minded players, rather than the usual MMO crowd!

(That is, of course, if the rest of the fleet doesn't mind me cramping their style - "there goes the neighbourhood" and all that...!)

Btw, what time zone are you in? I'm in the UK, so I'm using GMT/UTC, and playing in mostly-sociable hours (although I've been known to let off some steam after doing a late gig, around 3-4am! ) - in case you're ever up for some PvP and need someone playing at more Euro-centric hours! I know what you mean about the timings issue - with so many STO players being based in the USA, it's noticeable that game traffic spikes by the end of the day (going by GMT, obviously).
Old June 9 2010, 08:12 AM   #220
Timelord Victorious
TARDIS Janitor

Invites are done... Tell, me if you received it.
Old June 9 2010, 03:37 PM   #221
Excelsior
Lieutenant Commander

Can't find one at present - if it helps, I've got 3 characters on the go at the moment, all under the handle of Commander_Shepherd:

Malor@Commander_Shepherd
Torlek@Commander_Shepherd

Not totally au fait with how the mail system works, to be honest - can you just post to the '@whatever' bit, or do you need the full 'character@whatever' to do it?
Old June 13 2010, 12:33 AM   #222
Timelord Victorious
TARDIS Janitor

Excelsior wrote: View Post
Can't find one at present - if it helps, I've got 3 characters on the go at the moment, all under the handle of Commander_Shepherd:

Malor@Commander_Shepherd
Torlek@Commander_Shepherd

Not totally au fait with how the mail system works, to be honest - can you just post to the '@whatever' bit, or do you need the full 'character@whatever' to do it?
I'm sorry, I tried again, it said it couldn't find your characters. Either some unfortunate bug or your spelling is somehow wrong. I triple checked that I got it right.
Old June 13 2010, 10:20 PM   #223
Jim Gamma
Rear Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Jim Gamma

It might be that you have to be logged in to be invited - I saw a post in the support area of the STOL official forums saying they'd turned off offline fleet invites, not sure if they turned it back on, I've not been following the thread.
Old June 15 2010, 06:20 PM   #224
Excelsior
Lieutenant Commander

According to the latest 'Engineering Report' on the STO forums, offline Fleet Invites are back up and running. Will send another request next time I log on - fingers crossed...
Old June 18 2010, 07:39 AM   #225
Kaziarl
Commodore

I hardly ever see anyone from fleet on. Where is everyone?

Oh, and on a side note, they really need to make it possible to send credits between your own characters...