Hulu Snaps up Abrams-Produced Drama
By: T'Bonz on Sep 25

Abrams To Receive Award
By: T'Bonz on Sep 24

Trek 3 Casting Rumor Reactions
By: T'Bonz on Sep 24

Trek Comics Sneak Peek
By: T'Bonz on Sep 23

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old April 26 2010, 09:40 PM   #1546
AdmiralGarak
Rear Admiral

Re: A Niner Watches Babylon 5 (NO spoilers, please)

Jan wrote: View Post
TheGodBen wrote: View Post
... against a guy on a bicycle who was firing RPGs at me.
You dream of people shooting you with Role Playing Games?? I think you mean PPG?
People shooting you with a brand of paint would be obnoxious, but hardly a serious threat.

Or do you mean Powered Paragliders?
AdmiralGarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26 2010, 09:43 PM   #1547
stonester1
Rear Admiral

Losing your teeth/naked dreams? Done 'em both, friend.
Old April 26 2010, 09:45 PM   #1548
Lindley
Moderator with a Soul

but the romance stuff didn't work for me.
I don't think it worked for Vir either. He seemed very uncomfortable about the whole thing.
Lindley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26 2010, 10:32 PM   #1549
Reverend
Rear Admiral

I think Vir saw Lyndisty as an innocent who couldn't help that she'd been brought up as a nutter. Mind you, all due respect to any seemingly helpless, small woman who can overpower a pissed off Narn.

I suppose Vir's capacity for empathy an compassion are what a large portion of the episode is about. Not only was he willing to hope Lyndisty could be redeemed, he was willing to risk everything to get Narns (a race he's practically obligated to hate by law) out of harm's way, which for a Centauri is extremely unusual. It's probably hard to appreciate at this point, but later on you'll see the lengths most nobles are willing to go to not rock the boat or stand out from the crowd.
Reverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26 2010, 11:51 PM   #1550
Sean_McCormick
Captain

Jan wrote: View Post
... against a guy on a bicycle who was firing RPGs at me.
You dream of people shooting you with Role Playing Games?? I think you mean PPG?

I'm *so* not gonna get into a conversation about Centauri sex except to note that something you didn't see way back in "Born to the Purple" is that the female Centauri's corresponding equipment is on either side of their spine.

Jan
I also think, he meant PPG.

But he could have meant a Rocket-Propelled Grenade, although those look pretty difficult to operate while riding a bike.
Sean_McCormick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27 2010, 01:05 AM   #1551
TheGodBen
Rear Admiral

A guy firing rocket propelled grenades at me while riding a bike is fairly normal by my dream's standards; the night before last I had that Shining dream where the decomposing naked woman cackled at me, and a few weeks ago I had a dream that my ex girlfriend was hunted down and shot by a Na'vi. I've tried to interpret them online, but apparently those aren't generic enough.

Lindley wrote: View Post
I don't think it worked for Vir either. He seemed very uncomfortable about the whole thing.
Which is probably why I can't empathise with him, I'm a stud when it comes to the ladies.
Old April 27 2010, 01:15 AM   #1552
Deranged Nasat
Vice Admiral

A guy firing rocket propelled grenades at me while riding a bike is fairly normal by my dream's standards; the night before last I had that Shining dream where the decomposing naked woman cackled at me, and a few weeks ago I had a dream that my ex girlfriend was hunted down and shot by a Na'vi. I've tried to interpret them online, but apparently those aren't generic enough.
That's what happenss when you refuse to buy Avatar on DVD.
Old April 27 2010, 02:24 AM   #1553
TheGodBen
Rear Admiral

Damn, James Cameron has gone too far with the marketing this time.
Old April 27 2010, 05:18 AM   #1554
Sykonee
Fleet Captain

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Sykonee

12 episodes. You made it past the half-way mark of S3 before finally dishing out a sub-par score. By jove, I think he's liking this show.

I actually frequently get the teeth dream, where it feels like they're cracking and crumbling into powder in my mouth, sometimes even mixing it up with saliva to create a chunky, chalky substance that I'll gargle before spitting out, as if in defiance of having such bad teeth. I have odd dreams.
Old April 27 2010, 10:48 AM   #1555
Ensign_Redshirt
Commodore

Btw, reading this thread has inspired me to start watching Babylon 5 again last week. I decided to concentrate on episodes which are either pretty good or have significance to the major story arcs (often it's the same thing anyway). I'm through with Season 1 now and have watched: Mind War, And the Sky Full of Stars, Signs and Portents, A Voice in the Wilderness, Babylon Squared, and Chrysalis. Starting on Season 2 today.

I guess as the show progresses I will have to watch more episodes of each season, because "mytharc" episodes will become more and more dominant. And I'm curious whether I will overtake TheGodBen at some point with my sped-up watching mode.
Ensign_Redshirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27 2010, 12:44 PM   #1556
Truth_Seeker
Lieutenant Commander

"Sic Transit Vir" is an average stand alone episode, but it has one big redeeming quality - Londo Vs. The Bug.

This scene was funnier than any sitcom I've ever seen on TV.
Old April 27 2010, 12:47 PM   #1557
Deranged Nasat
Vice Admiral

Truth_Seeker wrote: View Post
"Sic Transit Vir" is an average stand alone episode, but it has one big redeeming quality - Londo Vs. The Bug.

This scene was funnier than any sitcom I've ever seen on TV.
Yeah, that was great. I wish I had a coultari sword to destroy infestations with...

I quite like the episode, though. I'm fond of Vir. And Virini was in this one too, wasn't he? At the beginning. I like Virini, as well.
Old April 27 2010, 02:44 PM   #1558
Truth_Seeker
Lieutenant Commander

Deranged Nasat wrote: View Post
Yeah, that was great. I wish I had a coultari sword to destroy infestations with...
"You arr smallerr! Derr arr morr uf you!"
Old April 27 2010, 02:59 PM   #1559
stonester1
Rear Admiral

Londo vs the Bug, also Vir explaining Centauri sex, male perspective and Ivanova's reaction (she needs to get laid). And Vir showing chuzpah.
Old April 27 2010, 03:49 PM   #1560
Neroon
Mod of balance

stonester1 wrote: View Post
Londo vs the Bug, also Vir explaining Centauri sex, male perspective and Ivanova's reaction (she needs to get laid). And Vir showing chuzpah.
"If you see anything this big with eight legs coming your way, let me know. I have to kill it before it develops language skills." -- Londo

- Proverbs 12:20
Neroon is offline   Reply With Quote