IDW Publishing January Comics
By: T'Bonz on Oct 20

Retro Review: Chrysalis
By: Michelle on Oct 18

The Next Generation Season Seven Blu-ray Details
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

CBS Launches Streaming Service
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Gaming

Gaming Non-Star Trek Gaming

Old March 22 2011, 08:23 AM   #1306
The Illusive Man
LeadHead's Cerberus Title

Re: Mass Effect 2

I agree. But just because the screenshots they've released only have Shepard in them doesn't mean it'll be solo without party members. They could be at conversation points, and your party members are not involved. Like in Overlord, you're chatting with Archer and your party is acounting for the dead.
Old March 22 2011, 08:58 AM   #1307
Reverend
Rear Admiral

Not that I necessarily disagree with that, but IIRC one of the leaked achievements looked like they were trying out some kind of stealth gameplay element. That would support the idea that at least part of the mission is solo. I mean who ever heard of a party stealth game? Either way, we'll just have to wait and see.

Incidentally, looks like Cerberus Daily News has indeed resumed. Anyone else feel like the Batarians are now pawns for the Reapers? They certainly have enough of a grudge against humanity that the Reapers might try to exploit. Also, wasn't there some obscure codex reference mentioning the Batarians stealing a mysterious biological starship from the Salarians?
Reverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22 2011, 03:44 PM   #1308
sonn
Lieutenant

^Yep it was called the Leviathan of Dis. It wouldn't surprise me if the Reapers had someone like the Batarians or Vorcha help them. I just don't want to be fighting wave after wave of Husks for most of the game.
sonn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22 2011, 04:29 PM   #1309
Jar Jar Binks
Admiral

All of the Cerberus Daily News updates leading up to Arrival have been leaked, if anyone feels like reading them all sooner than later.

Jar Jar Binks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22 2011, 07:22 PM   #1310
Reverend
Rear Admiral

^ Interesting...though it doesn't give away much more than we already knew.
Old March 22 2011, 08:19 PM   #1311
TheGodBen
Rear Admiral

Reverend wrote: View Post
One thing's for sure; there had better be a scene in ME3 where the Destiny Ascension returns the favour and comes to the Normandy's rescue!
I hope not, because I accidentally the whole thing.

Otherwise, good points, that would make a lot of sense.

Old March 22 2011, 10:07 PM   #1312
Dinklebot
Vice Admiral

View Dinklebot's Twitter Profile

^ Interesting...though it doesn't give away much more than we already knew.
Sounds reasonable to me, good theory.

- Route Code: EXLTD > XCV – SCRB > ALLCH <> Source: Undetermined (trans)
Dinklebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22 2011, 11:37 PM   #1313
Saquist
Commodore

Managed to stop playing DA2 long enough to notice some new Mass Effect 2 DLC has been announced for release in just over a week's time. There's also a few screenshots on the official site. Not much to be gleaned from them save that some of the action will take place on the outside of a ship close to an active relay...and Hackett finally gets a face!
I've been waiting for that. I wonder why they kept his face a secret?

^I suspect they having something specific in mind for Ash/Lt Boring Pants in ME3.
LOL
When I played female Shepard I found the Lieutenant so bland as a love interest...thank goodness Jacob was more interesting.

sonn wrote: View Post
^Yep it was called the Leviathan of Dis. It wouldn't surprise me if the Reapers had someone like the Batarians or Vorcha help them. I just don't want to be fighting wave after wave of Husks for most of the game.
I so miss the geth husk...so fun...
Where were they in ME2?
Saquist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22 2011, 11:45 PM   #1314
Jar Jar Binks
Admiral

I don't think they were keeping Hackett's appearance a secret, they just never had any need to design a face for him until now.
Jar Jar Binks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 23 2011, 12:44 AM   #1315
sonn
Lieutenant

Saquist wrote: View Post
Managed to stop playing DA2 long enough to notice some new Mass Effect 2 DLC has been announced for release in just over a week's time. There's also a few screenshots on the official site. Not much to be gleaned from them save that some of the action will take place on the outside of a ship close to an active relay...and Hackett finally gets a face!
I've been waiting for that. I wonder why they kept his face a secret?

^I suspect they having something specific in mind for Ash/Lt Boring Pants in ME3.
LOL
When I played female Shepard I found the Lieutenant so bland as a love interest...thank goodness Jacob was more interesting.

sonn wrote: View Post
I so miss the geth husk...so fun...
Where were they in ME2?
They said that the geth got the husk technology from Sovereign when your on Horizon so technically all Husks came from the same place . Outside of the main storyline one of the N7 missions has lots of husks. http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/N7%3A_Abandoned_Mine
Old March 23 2011, 03:34 AM   #1316
Saquist
Commodore

But the Geth Husk were the best on hardcore...
wow.
You run into a horde of them and suddenly you're doing the shotgun backpedal!
Saquist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 23 2011, 04:31 AM   #1317
JD
Admiral

Did they use Lance Henrickson's face for Hackett?
JD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 23 2011, 04:40 AM   #1318
6079SmithW
Vice Admiral

But the Geth Husk were the best on hardcore...
wow.
You run into a horde of them and suddenly you're doing the shotgun backpedal!
Shoot, I was doing the shotgun backpedal in ME2 on normal. Especially where you go to the planet with the indoctrination device in the mine and they just keep coming! I hate husks!
6079SmithW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 23 2011, 05:02 AM   #1319
Reverend
Rear Admiral

^What bothered me most about the husks is their ability to stun lock you, so that if more than one gets too close you're more or less buggered. It'd be nice to have some kind of counter attack. I mean Shepard is a trained special forces soldier, it's a bit hard to swallow that she'd be defeated by some mindlessly flailing limbs.

TheGodBen wrote: View Post
I hope not, because I accidentally the whole thing.

Otherwise, good points, that would make a lot of sense.

I envision it being a little extra part of a cutscene for those that saved the council. Say for the sake of argument there's a bit where the cavalry arrives and if you saved the Destiny Ascension in ME1, it's there leading the charge and saves the Normandy's arse. If not then you just get a shot of the Turian cruisers and maybe the Normandy takes a hit that kills some nameless crew members. Nothing pivotal, just a little story flourish.

LOL
When I played female Shepard I found the Lieutenant so bland as a love interest...thank goodness Jacob was more interesting
Ack. I did the romance with Jacob for one of my FemShep playthroughs and...I don't know...his "flirty" voice just creeped me out. Maybe if I had ovaries I'd feel different, but I don't and it just made me want to file a restraining order. So yeah, I sent him into the tube on the collector base and got back with Liara.
JD wrote: View Post
Did they use Lance Henrickson's face for Hackett?
Doesn't look like it. Not that it should surprise anyone, I mean aside from Lawson, none of the characters really look much like their voice actors.
Old March 23 2011, 07:27 AM   #1320
sonn
Lieutenant

Hackett's face looks a little like Zaeed's. I got slam for my soldier so I'd backpedal and alternate between shooting and using slam.