Retro Review: Prodigal Daughter
By: Michelle on Dec 13

Sindicate Lager To Debut In The US Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Dec 12

Rumor Mill: Saldana Gives Birth
By: T'Bonz on Dec 12

New Line of Anovos Enterprise Uniforms
By: T'Bonz on Dec 11

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Gaming

Gaming Non-Star Trek Gaming

Old January 28 2011, 09:53 PM   #1096
RESPCT
SPCTRE

View RESPCT's Twitter Profile
Re: Mass Effect 2

LeadHead wrote: View Post
Sorry about the thread resurrection, but it looks like we're gonna be getting an Alternate Appearance Pack 2 soon.

xbox360achievments.org
“Metro [...] is designed for casual users [...] designed for your computer illiterate little sister, for grandpas who don’t know how to use that computer dofangle thingy, and for mom who just wants to look up apple pie recipes. [...] the antithesis of a power user.”
— Windows UI designer J. Miller
RESPCT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 1 2011, 09:18 PM   #1097
Jeff O'Connor
Commodore

View Jeff O'Connor's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to Jeff O'Connor Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Jeff O'Connor

Just finished this game. I'm pretty floored. The story itself isn't the best but the universe is so richly-populated (and a marked improvement over the first, which still managed to impress me a few times) that I'm very pleased with my purchase.
Old February 1 2011, 09:52 PM   #1098
Lead-Nosed Reindeer
LeadHead's First Officer

According to ME's facebook feed, the Alternate Appearance pack 2, will come out on february 8 (next tues)

They even teased it with a picture:

Old February 1 2011, 10:05 PM   #1099
JD
Admiral

I'm working on this on my PS3 and it is amazing. I can't believe the amount of detail that they put into it. It's easily the most detailed video game universe I have ever encountered.
JD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1 2011, 10:10 PM   #1100
Hanukkah Solo
Admiral

I don't agree that ME2 is better overall than ME1 (it's definitely better in some ways, but it's also worse in other ways), but yeah, it's an excellent game. My hope is that ME3 will combine the best parts of ME1 and ME2 and discard the parts that didn't work.
LeadHead wrote: View Post
According to ME's facebook feed, the Alternate Appearance pack 2, will come out on february 8 (next tues)

They even teased it with a picture:

::gasp:: They actually put Miranda in armor!

It's just too bad they insist on giving every character some kind of stupid eyewear. Jack's alternate appearance outfit is perfect except for the awful visor they put on her.
Hanukkah Solo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1 2011, 10:16 PM   #1101
TheGodBen
Rear Admiral

I don't know, I'll need to see a lingering close-up of Miranda's ass before I can pass judgement.
Old February 1 2011, 10:18 PM   #1102
Lead-Nosed Reindeer
LeadHead's First Officer

Mirandas eyewear looks fine to me, so does Grunts, Jacks was okay by me, although i would have an option to remove it. Thane's was spot on if you ask me.
Old February 1 2011, 10:22 PM   #1103
Hanukkah Solo
Admiral

Miranda's and Grunt's eyewear isn't as bad because it doesn't completely obscure their eyes. Thane's was okay because his eyes are creepy. But Jack's eyes are one of her best features (good grief, I can't believe I'm saying that about a video game character ), so completely covering them was a stupid idea. I agree with you, LeadHead, it would have been nice if we'd been able to toggle the eyewear off/on.
Old February 1 2011, 10:25 PM   #1104
Lead-Nosed Reindeer
LeadHead's First Officer

I think for Jack, I was so glad that we had something to put her in that actually looked good on her. Seriously, to me the Jack outfit in Alt Appearance pack 1 was way more attractive on her than either of the first 2.
Old February 1 2011, 10:48 PM   #1105
Hanukkah Solo
Admiral

Oh, absolutely. Like I said before, I loved the alternate outfit they gave her, except for the visor. I hated her original look--the full-body tats with suspenders for a bra just didn't do it for me--and the secondary outfit was marginally better, but not much.
Old February 1 2011, 11:41 PM   #1106
RESPCT
SPCTRE

View RESPCT's Twitter Profile

All I can say is I miss the freedom to acquire and equip loot. Also, displaying/hiding the helmet. Oh well, the outfits look okay, nothing too impressive though.
“Metro [...] is designed for casual users [...] designed for your computer illiterate little sister, for grandpas who don’t know how to use that computer dofangle thingy, and for mom who just wants to look up apple pie recipes. [...] the antithesis of a power user.”
— Windows UI designer J. Miller
RESPCT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 1 2011, 11:52 PM   #1107
Hanukkah Solo
Admiral

I miss the loot, too, although it did get to be a bit much in ME1. I think BioWare were too drastic in completely stripping down the weapons and equipment. Taking away the ability to toggle helmets on/off when the feature was already in ME1 was weird, too.

I'd like to see the ME3 companions have casual gear that they wear aboard the Normandy, and then actual armor that they wear on missions. They did it in ME1, I don't see why they couldn't in ME2.
Old February 1 2011, 11:52 PM   #1108
Lead-Nosed Reindeer
LeadHead's First Officer

Yeah, I enjoy having more customization options, but I was always a uniformity kinda guy, so I'd always go hunting for Colossus Armor for everyone, I do wish there was some common armor that you could unlock at the end of the game obviously there'd be some variation on them due to the different aliens and body types.

I'm really glad that Miranda is finally getting the armor, she and Garrus round out my usual Kirk, Spock and McCoy trio for ME2 and it's always seemed weird that 2 of them were dressed for battle while the other was ready for catwalk photographers.
Old February 2 2011, 03:59 AM   #1109
Jeff O'Connor
Commodore

View Jeff O'Connor's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to Jeff O'Connor Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Jeff O'Connor

I'm not feeling it on those outfits. I think I'll pass, just as I did with the first pack.

Miranda easily looks at her best in that black leather and the only one cool enough to sport a scouter should be Garrus.
Old February 2 2011, 10:56 AM   #1110
Reverend
Rear Admiral

While I certainly don't miss the looting from ME1 (come on, it was ridiculous!) I do agree that it would have been better in ME2 to have more customisation options for the squad-mates including a delineation between casual wear and battle armour.

The nonsense of it becomes very apparent on the missions like the Collectors ship and the Geth station where you have Shepard wearing a pressurised armour suit complete with helmet, but Jack, Miranda, Jacob, Kasumi, Zaeed and Mordin have some silly little breath mask. My preference would have been to have the same degree of customization as you did with Shepard where you can purchase extra armour pieces then mix and match them to get the balance of stats you want for each of them.

Last edited by Reverend; February 2 2011 at 11:09 AM.
Reverend is offline   Reply With Quote