RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 138,409
Posts: 5,359,722
Members: 24,630
Currently online: 507
Newest member: DasGeneral


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Gaming

Gaming Non-Star Trek Gaming

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old August 19 2010, 04:26 AM   #796
Reverend
Rear Admiral
 
Reverend's Avatar
 
Location: UK
Re: Mass Effect 2

My mostly paragon femshep let her loose too. My dog of a renegade maleshep on the other hand toasted that bug but good.

Oh and from the record, my femshep also blew up the collector's base. The Illusive Man's track record in not letting his little science projects (my femshep included) escape his control isn't very good and I'll be damned if I'll trust him or the types he hires around Reaper tech.

Between the Quarrian fleet, Legion's Geth, the Rachni and an intact council I think the odds for survival against the Reaper hordes are (ever-so slightly) better than they would be with a berzerk Cerberus Reaper in our midst.

Anyone else wondering if the Keepers will play a greater roll? It is after all, thanks to them that the Reapers are having to walk it all the way from the galactic void.
Reverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 19 2010, 08:04 AM   #797
Saquist
Commodore
 
Location: Starbase Houston
Re: Mass Effect 2

Reverend wrote: View Post
My mostly paragon femshep let her loose too. My dog of a renegade maleshep on the other hand toasted that bug but good.

Oh and from the record, my femshep also blew up the collector's base. The Illusive Man's track record in not letting his little science projects (my femshep included) escape his control isn't very good and I'll be damned if I'll trust him or the types he hires around Reaper tech.

Between the Quarrian fleet, Legion's Geth, the Rachni and an intact council I think the odds for survival against the Reaper hordes are (ever-so slightly) better than they would be with a berzerk Cerberus Reaper in our midst.

Anyone else wondering if the Keepers will play a greater roll? It is after all, thanks to them that the Reapers are having to walk it all the way from the galactic void.
I think the Mass Effect world has played out all it's great secrets. Mass Effect 2's "The Protheans have been changed into the collectors was...well...lame as reveals go.

This will likely go like the Matrix Trilogy where the Big Idea and revelations occur in the First and the Second 2 are just struggles for power and survival.
Saquist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 19 2010, 02:59 PM   #798
TheGodBen
Rear Admiral
 
TheGodBen's Avatar
 
Location: Ireland
Re: Mass Effect 2

Saquist wrote: View Post
I chose the right option to let her go. As an individual she did nothing wrong. But the third option of custody would make sense. But would that be fair? I'm not sure it would. Actually I'm pretty sure it wouldn't. Her captivity would have meant more experiments.
Plus, I wouldn't trust the Council to make the right choice about what to do with the Queen, especially since I did the Noveria mission directly after Virmire, so I was still pissed at them. The stupid bastards probably wouldn't even recognise the Rachni Queen if it was sitting right in front of them.

Ah yes, "Rachni". The ancient race of warrior insects allegedly brought back from extinction. We have dismissed that claim.

Reverend wrote: View Post
Between the Quarrian fleet, Legion's Geth, the Rachni and an intact council I think the odds for survival against the Reaper hordes are (ever-so slightly) better than they would be with a berzerk Cerberus Reaper in our midst.
I saved the Rachni Queen, allowed the Council to die, reprogrammed the Geth, didn't advise the Quarians either way (so they're probably going to war with the Geth), and handed the base over to Cerberus. I think the odds of my main Shep's survival is on a knife-edge.
__________________
...so many different suns...
TheGodBen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 19 2010, 05:15 PM   #799
Reverend
Rear Admiral
 
Reverend's Avatar
 
Location: UK
Re: Mass Effect 2

^Well if it was possible to have a sure thing by the end of ME2 then I dare say it'd rather undermine any drama or tension that might be had in ME3.

Still, I honestly don't think they'd set people up to fail by having only one way to win and survive. I think that should only determined by decisions and choices made from here on out. To my way of thinking the significance of past decisions should be more about determining they types of decisions you'll have to make next, what may have to be sacrificed and what the ultimate cost will be.

Personally I'm anticipating a galaxy wide knock-down drag-out as the Reapers try to take the Citadel and other races one system at a time. At least as a backdrop to whatever mission Shepard will be on.
Reverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 20 2010, 01:41 AM   #800
Ryan
Commodore
 
Location: Lincoln, NE
Re: Mass Effect 2

TheGodBen wrote: View Post
Saquist wrote: View Post
I chose the right option to let her go. As an individual she did nothing wrong. But the third option of custody would make sense. But would that be fair? I'm not sure it would. Actually I'm pretty sure it wouldn't. Her captivity would have meant more experiments.
Plus, I wouldn't trust the Council to make the right choice about what to do with the Queen, especially since I did the Noveria mission directly after Virmire, so I was still pissed at them. The stupid bastards probably wouldn't even recognise the Rachni Queen if it was sitting right in front of them.

Ah yes, "Rachni". The ancient race of warrior insects allegedly brought back from extinction. We have dismissed that claim.
The funny thing is the Council will bitch at you no matter what your choice was (especially the Turian councilor).
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 20 2010, 10:01 AM   #801
Skywalker
Admiral
 
Skywalker's Avatar
 
Re: Mass Effect 2

So, I just completed my pure Renegade playthrough.


So...yeah, I'd call that a successful playthrough.

Now that I've completed a pure Paragon and a pure Renegade (both males), I'll be going back and doing a more ambiguous Paragade female, and a Renegon female, too.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23 2010, 06:29 PM   #802
SPCTRE
Weltmeister
 
SPCTRE's Avatar
 
View SPCTRE's Twitter Profile
Re: Mass Effect 2









__________________
Im gonna say such a nasty thing about you on Yelp. Oh really? Thats great because Im gonna cut your throat and leave your body in the dumpster out back. And no one will convict me because youre subhuman trash, Mr. Mayor!
Jeff Gerstmann
SPCTRE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23 2010, 06:32 PM   #803
BigFoot
Admiral
 
BigFoot's Avatar
 
Location: Slovenia (EU)
Re: Mass Effect 2

^ Not bad. I mean, she's not Strahovski, but still, not bad.
BigFoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23 2010, 06:44 PM   #804
SPCTRE
Weltmeister
 
SPCTRE's Avatar
 
View SPCTRE's Twitter Profile
Re: Mass Effect 2

^ Yeah, that sums up my feelings as well You just can't beat Yvonne Strahovski.
__________________
Im gonna say such a nasty thing about you on Yelp. Oh really? Thats great because Im gonna cut your throat and leave your body in the dumpster out back. And no one will convict me because youre subhuman trash, Mr. Mayor!
Jeff Gerstmann

Last edited by SPCTRE CLAUS; August 23 2010 at 07:22 PM.
SPCTRE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23 2010, 07:21 PM   #805
firehawk12
Fleet Admiral
 
firehawk12's Avatar
 
Location: EXILE + ATTON = GUUUUUUSH!!!! (pic by aimo)
Re: Mass Effect 2

The Liara DLC is September 7th. They upped the price to 10 bucks though, so... who knows what's in it.
__________________
The best reason to watch Curling:
Johnson Sisters!

"How do you trust a nation that's invented Karate? They're standing there in their pajamas... then they kick you in the balls!"
firehawk12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23 2010, 07:36 PM   #806
TheGodBen
Rear Admiral
 
TheGodBen's Avatar
 
Location: Ireland
Re: Mass Effect 2

If it does not contain her buttocks and side-boob, it's not worth it.
__________________
...so many different suns...
TheGodBen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23 2010, 07:36 PM   #807
LeadHead
Director of Comedy
 
LeadHead's Avatar
 
Location: Either in the Sirius Sector Block or on the Normandy SR-2
Re: Mass Effect 2

Glad they finally set a release date. I figured it would end up being the most expensive of the dlc thus far.
__________________
Thanks to Nerys Myk for my awesome avatar!

Check out the Caption contests in the TOS, TNG and Movies I-X forums!
LeadHead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old August 23 2010, 07:39 PM   #808
SPCTRE
Weltmeister
 
SPCTRE's Avatar
 
View SPCTRE's Twitter Profile
Re: Mass Effect 2

Very much looking forward to it, here's hoping it's going to be a meaty chunk of real content and fully voice-acted dialogue trees.

On the other hand, thinking back to ME1 -
TheGodBen wrote: View Post
If it does not contain her buttocks and side-boob, it's not worth it.
^ This.
__________________
Im gonna say such a nasty thing about you on Yelp. Oh really? Thats great because Im gonna cut your throat and leave your body in the dumpster out back. And no one will convict me because youre subhuman trash, Mr. Mayor!
Jeff Gerstmann
SPCTRE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23 2010, 08:50 PM   #809
Ryan
Commodore
 
Location: Lincoln, NE
Re: Mass Effect 2

BigFoot wrote: View Post
^ Not bad. I mean, she's not Strahovski, but still, not bad.
Hell, even Strahovski couldn't come close to Miranda's goofy proportions. They must have put half her biotics implants in her chest and the other half in her ass.
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23 2010, 10:28 PM   #810
firehawk12
Fleet Admiral
 
firehawk12's Avatar
 
Location: EXILE + ATTON = GUUUUUUSH!!!! (pic by aimo)
Re: Mass Effect 2

SPCTRE wrote: View Post
Very much looking forward to it, here's hoping it's going to be a meaty chunk of real content and fully voice-acted dialogue trees.
I don't know. I imagine it'll be like all of the other side missions, so you'll probably only see Hillis, Hale, Meer and maybe whoever they get for the Shadow Broker and some random NPCs.

I am hoping that the price indicates something more ambitious, but who knows at this point.
__________________
The best reason to watch Curling:
Johnson Sisters!

"How do you trust a nation that's invented Karate? They're standing there in their pajamas... then they kick you in the balls!"
firehawk12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
bioware, mass effect

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 02:25 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.