Horse 1, Shatner 0
By: T'Bonz on Jul 28

Drexler TV Alert
By: T'Bonz on Jul 26

Retro Review: His Way
By: Michelle on Jul 26

MicroWarriors Releases Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Jul 25

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Gaming

Gaming Non-Star Trek Gaming

Old June 19 2010, 03:50 AM   #691
clint g
Admiral

Re: Mass Effect 2

SuperVPN wrote: View Post
I heard that this game is great. I just download Mass Effect. After i finish this part i will go on second.
You heard correctly

Have fun with it, I certainly did
Old June 19 2010, 12:07 PM   #692
Brandonv
Fleet Captain

I was wondering, does anyone else wish that the Mako was included in ME2? Despite the vehicles poor handling, I always thought it was fun exploring all the various alien landscapes looking for artifacts, ect.

I get the impression that the Mako was removed because of all the complaints on the internet. Too bad, because I would have preferred the Mako over the resource gathering mini-game in ME2.
Brandonv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19 2010, 06:53 PM   #693
John Clark
Commodore

Brandonv - Apparently a lot of people had issues with it. I thought it was ok on the pc version, but never tried it on X-Box. I wouldn't have minded using it again.

I can't claim that I was the most sensible driver in game though. I've got the firewalker pack for ME2, but haven't got around to trying it yet.
Old June 19 2010, 08:08 PM   #694
firehawk12
Fleet Admiral

I think for most people it introduced too much downtime, because it just became rather difficult to go from one spot to another with the canyons and mountains that were all over the place.

"How do you trust a nation that's invented Karate? They're standing there in their pajamas... then they kick you in the balls!"
firehawk12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 21 2010, 02:16 AM   #695
clint g
Admiral

Yeah, I never really felt the issue was so much with the Mako. It was mostly the landscapes that became annoying. Trying to find just the right slope on a mountain to get to a crash probe got old real fast.
Old June 21 2010, 06:58 AM   #696
LeadHead
Director of Comedy

Location: Either in the Sirius Sector Block or on the Normandy SR-2

^exactly. The Mako itself was good but the same empty planet with a different color on the ground, just wasn't what exploring the galaxy should be.

I think they've moved in a slightly better direction making it so that the side planets have their own unique maps, rather than the same engineering outpost. PLanet scanning is signifigantly less painful and boring with the new update, still could be improved upon though.

Check out the Caption contests in the TOS, TNG and Movies I-X forums!
LeadHead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 23 2010, 08:54 PM   #697
gh4chiefs
Rear Admiral

Ok, I'm VERY late to the party on this game, just got the 360 version of this Monday. ($20 new at Hastings, sweet deal!) So I get it installed and played to the first save point the first night and I didn't have time to continue.

So I come home last night, discovered my cable and internet were both down, so I'm okay no big deal, ME2 time. So I fire up the 360 and try to play and it's telling me that it can't connect to Xbox Live(internet is down) therefore it can't continue and I have to sign out of my profile. So I do that and restart. Now it's telling me that it can't save my game progress since I'm not signed in under a profile. (Imagine my at this point)

So I'm sure this has been answered but I don't have the time to go through all 47 pages of this thread. So do you have to be connected to the internet to play this game? If not, WTF was I doing wrong? Granted my internet is back now and shouldn't be an issue for me, but it annoyed me greatly that I can't play a frickin' game on the 360 when not connected to XBL.
Old June 23 2010, 09:19 PM   #698
firehawk12
Fleet Admiral

You should be able to sign in as offline though. I'm not sure why it'd make you go online anyway.

"How do you trust a nation that's invented Karate? They're standing there in their pajamas... then they kick you in the balls!"
Old June 23 2010, 09:23 PM   #699
LeadHead
Director of Comedy

Location: Either in the Sirius Sector Block or on the Normandy SR-2

oooooooooooooo, you should still be able to sign into your Profile on your Xbox even while offline. My Xbox was disconnected from the internet for a full 3 months a couple of years ago and I could still log into the profile, I just had to have it work offline, it continued to save my progress in games and stored achievements as I went, once the internet issues were worked out, I logged back into Xbox Live, and all was well/

Check out the Caption contests in the TOS, TNG and Movies I-X forums!
LeadHead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 23 2010, 09:33 PM   #700
gh4chiefs
Rear Admiral

firehawk12 wrote: View Post
You should be able to sign in as offline though. I'm not sure why it'd make you go online anyway.
Well when I fired it up, it game me an error message about not being able connect with something or another on the network, and that I had to sign out of my profile. Which lead to me not being able to save my game progress.

Frankly my experience thus far as not been an overwhelming positive one, so I guess I'm a little disgruntled to begin with. The games come in two discs and as best I can tell, there was NOTHING in the manual instructing you about starting the game up. Logically, one would think you would start with Disc 1. 1 means first, right? Put that in. Nothing. It just set there with the xbox 360 logo and a white screen. So I let it set for a long time and finally decide to put in Disc 2. Which apparently is the startup disc, EXCEPT it spins for a lit bit, runs some stuff on the screen, loads a XBL update, and then promptly tells me to put Disc 1 BACK in the 360. And then finally the game gets going. I play until a save point, but now it's time call it a night.

Which brings me to the next night and my problems with the sign in while my internet was down. Not really winning me over at this point.
Old June 23 2010, 09:43 PM   #701
clint g
Admiral

Yeah dude, I think you're getting confused with the Cerberus Network. it's true, you can't log into that while not connected. You can play the game however without being online. Trust me. I never connect my 360 to the internet unless I have to and it works perfectly.
Old June 23 2010, 09:52 PM   #702
gh4chiefs
Rear Admiral

clint g wrote: View Post
Yeah dude, I think you're getting confused with the Cerberus Network. it's true, you can't log into that while not connected. You can play the game however without being online. Trust me. I never connect my 360 to the internet unless I have to and it works perfectly.
Yeah, you know I think you're right about the "Cerberus Network" becaue I remember it did say something about that, but I swear it wouldn't let me continue beyond that, it didn't give me an option to bypass it as I recall.

Like I said, it's a moot point now anyway as my internet was up and running. Just found it annoying (along with the installation and startup process).
Old June 24 2010, 12:03 AM   #703
Tomato
Rear Admiral

Finished the game! And everybody survived!!! Yeah me I'm buying DLCs like its no tomorrow game was definately a step up from ME1
Tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24 2010, 12:09 AM   #704
firehawk12
Fleet Admiral

Just don't buy the costume pack.

Old June 24 2010, 03:48 AM   #705
Skywalker
Admiral

I haven't downloaded any of the post-release DLC packs that you have to pay for, yet. I'm trying to decide if I want to pay for each individual episode or wait and see if they'll eventually package them all together when ME3 gets closer to release.

I almost broke down and started DLing them and had decided to treat them as adventures Shepard had after...

...but then I heard that you still receive the missions from a certain someone, no matter how you chose to end the game, which doesn't make any sense to me. And since I prefer my character's storyline to make at least a little bit of sense, I'm a little hesitant to play the DLC packs now.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote