Red Shirt Diaries Returns Next Month
By: T'Bonz on Aug 26

ISS Astronaut May Join Trek Fan Film

Quinto Sports New Trek Uniform

Star Trek: Renegades Released Early
By: T'Bonz on Aug 25

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Gaming

Gaming Non-Star Trek Gaming

Old May 3 2010, 08:13 AM   #676
The Master of Tarquin Hill
Commodore

Re: Mass Effect 2

What's the next DLC?

I read somewhere that the Incisor sniper rifle will eventually be available to all.

Anything more substantial in the works?
Old May 3 2010, 09:51 AM   #677
Reverend
Rear Admiral

According to the official website, there's going to be a DLC announcement sometime next week.
Reverend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 7 2010, 11:53 PM   #678
Tomato
Rear Admiral

Long story short just discovered Mass effect 2. It is incredible. I just finished Morinth sidequest, I don't think I have ever been touched as much as a video game before.

I am trying to romance all the girls. So I hope that doesn't make them unloyal and dead.
Tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8 2010, 12:50 AM   #679
firehawk12
Fleet Admiral

It's the Liara DLC... which makes me assume it's post game, considering it'd be kind of foolish to be fooling around with an old flame when the REAPERS ARE COMING.

I hope it's better than the last one anyway.

"How do you trust a nation that's invented Karate? They're standing there in their pajamas... then they kick you in the balls!"
firehawk12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8 2010, 04:18 AM   #680
Jax
Admiral

^ Cool my 2nd character romanced Liara so will be interesting. I am going through the game with a new post ME 1 character and this time I have that Kasuma DLC pre reaper invasion this time unlike the 1st play through so I wonder how does an added character affect the final battle at the station ?

Does she just simply come along like the rest holding the door while I bugger off the fight the final boss and is she prone to dying like the Doc ?.

This 2nd playthrough has different universe choices in ME 1 from my 1st character and I can't decide if I want to kill of some of my squad this time (last time loss only 1 the doc). Also thinking of doing a 3rd playthrough where my Shep dies at the end so I can playthrough ME 3 with 3 different universes. (Paragon/Renegade and Dead)
Old June 8 2010, 08:28 PM   #681
Hermiod
Admiral

firehawk12 wrote: View Post
It's the Liara DLC... which makes me assume it's post game, considering it'd be kind of foolish to be fooling around with an old flame when the REAPERS ARE COMING.

I hope it's better than the last one anyway.
The next DLC is the Overlord thing with the rogue robots (again), nothing to do with Liara.
Hermiod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8 2010, 08:50 PM   #682
firehawk12
Fleet Admiral

Really? I thought I remember seeing a Liara DLC announcement somewhere.

Certainly there are Liara files in the game, just like there were Kasumi files. If it's just a random unrelated mission, I've pretty much lost interest.

"How do you trust a nation that's invented Karate? They're standing there in their pajamas... then they kick you in the balls!"
Old June 8 2010, 09:05 PM   #683
LeadHead
Director of Comedy

Location: Either on the Normandy SR-2 or in the Sirius Sector Block.

Did a little google research on Liara, PC gamers did find audio files which suggest that a Bioware has the code already present in the game to add on a Liara Quest. Bioware has not commented on it yet, and the speculation has been out there since April.

Overlord is coming this month, but i couldn't find a date for it.

Check out the Caption contests in the TOS, TNG and Movies I-X forums!
LeadHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8 2010, 10:01 PM   #684
firehawk12
Fleet Admiral

Hrm, oh well.
I expect the DLC to launch E3 week as part of some announcement or promotion or some such... but that might be too obvious.

Old June 17 2010, 12:48 AM   #685
Reverend
Rear Admiral

Just got done playing the Overlord DLC (I know, I caved again!) and I'm actually quite surprised at how much it exceeded my expectations. Nice varied gameplay, plenty of combat but not so much as to become tiresome, nice scenery and a not-quite-linear area to explore in the hovertank. Of course since I played it with my level 30 femshep with Legion and/or Tali at her side most of the time soldier the combat itself was REALLY easy at times.

The only two complaints I might make is that there's no new toys to play with (weapons or armor) and the tank still handles a bit funny. Not nearly as clumsy as the old Mako but you never get much of a chance to have fun and just cruse for a bit. Part of the appear of ME1 was that you could speed across a nice flat desert or tundra at 90mph, admiring the scenery while you kick up about a metric ton of debris in your wake. Here you can't seam to go more than 5ft with out bashing into some pebble sized rock that brings you to a tumbling halt, so you're forever alternating between jump and boost.
Plus the explorations is dampened a little by some rather oddly placed invisible walls. Still, overall it was a lot more enjoyable than the other DLC missions and about on par with some of the best loyalty or story missions.
Old June 17 2010, 01:03 AM   #686
Evil Twin
Rear Admiral

Honestly, I liked the Kasumi DLC more. Even though it's shorter, you at least get a new NPC and, the in case of Femshep, a hot dress to run around in on the Normandy. Here you ultimately get... a heavy skin weave upgrade. Wee.... The story didn't do a whole lot for me. And I still hate the Hammerhead. Sure it's way easier to get around in than the Mako, but god damn is it fragile.
Old June 17 2010, 01:14 AM   #687
firehawk12
Fleet Admiral

I was hoping that they'd throw in some party interaction but that's not reasonable for DLC I suppose. At this point I want them to sell expansions because that'll be the only way we get something that's produced as well as the main game.

Old June 17 2010, 01:58 AM   #688
Reverend
Rear Admiral

^ There is a tiny bit of party interaction, that is if you bring Legion on the first mission.

Ironically this was also the first time I had played with Kasumi in my party since acquiring her. The watcha-call-it assassination power comes in very hand against destroyers and heavy mechs.

Honestly, I liked the Kasumi DLC more. Even though it's shorter, you at least get a new NPC and, the in case of Femshep, a hot dress to run around in on the Normandy.
I'm not too interested in acquiring new NPCs as the vanilla team is pretty complete. Massani always felt superfluous and I never did use him much; I tended to stick with Tali (who my character almost always used in ME1 along with Liara) and usually either Jack, Grunt or Samara. The doc always seems a bit out of place in a heavy fire fight and I rarely saw much advantage in using Garrus, Jacob of Miranda, at least after the early missions.

As for the dress...I don't know that it works for me. I mean she still walks and runs with that same swagger as if she's still wearing armour. It looks a little...odd.
Speaking of running, dose anyone else notice the way Shep's head sort of lists to one side when you run around the Normandy as if he/she is constantly trying to read something on his/her shoe? Don't know why but it bugs me.

Sure it's way easier to get around in than the Mako, but god damn is it fragile.
Seconded. the Hammerhead combat seems to require getting just slightly in range, strafing like mad and quickly ducking out again to recover (rinse and repeat.) I suppose it could be worse, I mean regenerating health for a tank strains credibility enough, making it to tough would just be silly. As I recall there wasn't much that could really threaten the Mako so long as you kept moving.
Old June 17 2010, 05:21 AM   #689
Evil Twin
Rear Admiral

Reverend wrote: View Post
As for the dress...I don't know that it works for me. I mean she still walks and runs with that same swagger as if she's still wearing armour. It looks a little...odd.
Gotta love when she sometimes sits to talk to an NPC on the ship, Garrus is a good example, and she's got her legs wide open with that skirt on.
Speaking of running, dose anyone else notice the way Shep's head sort of lists to one side when you run around the Normandy as if he/she is constantly trying to read something on his/her shoe? Don't know why but it bugs me.
I think that happens after you talk to an NPC and start to move away while they continue to say something after the dialogue wheel screen. Shepard's head is still "locked" on to them, causing you to look down when you move then. If you stop, Shepard's head will return to the default position. I notice this all the time after I turn around and leave while Joker's is still saying "See you, commander." If you wait for his line to finish before moving, Shepard's head will return to looking straight ahead and you won't get that looking down thing.
Old June 19 2010, 12:39 AM   #690
SuperVPN

I heard that this game is great. I just download Mass Effect. After i finish this part i will go on second.