New Star Trek Funko Pop! Vinyl Figures
By: T'Bonz on Nov 26

QMx Mini Phaser Ornament

Stewart as Neo-Nazi Skinhead

Klingon Bloodwine To Debut
By: T'Bonz on Nov 25

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Gaming

Gaming Non-Star Trek Gaming

Old March 26 2010, 08:56 PM   #631
Hermiod
Admiral

Re: Mass Effect 2

Jim Steele wrote: View Post
Mois: "I happen to think we're in a golden age of gaming"

Fahey: "Just a shame it's happening concurrently with the Golden Age of Moaning Ignorant Cunts On The Internet."

Twitter, yesterday.
Hermiod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29 2010, 12:08 PM   #632
firehawk12
Fleet Admiral

Some random cosplay:
http://imgur.com/YrvAq.jpg

Probably NSFW.

"How do you trust a nation that's invented Karate? They're standing there in their pajamas... then they kick you in the balls!"
firehawk12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29 2010, 12:21 PM   #633
Reverend
Rear Admiral

Considering all she's wearing is boots, gloves, knickers and a layer of paint, then yes I'd say it's NSFW.

Back on topic; just played the Firewalker pack and it's about what I expected. The Hammerhead handles much better than the Mako, but you don't really have the option to get into the kind terrain that caused the most trouble in ME1 so it's not really a fair comparison. It would have been nice if they had been able to integrate it into the game properly, but it's not a huge loss.

Last edited by Reverend; March 29 2010 at 01:35 PM.
Reverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29 2010, 08:10 PM   #634
firehawk12
Fleet Admiral

Reverend wrote: View Post
Considering all she's wearing is boots, gloves, knickers and a layer of paint, then yes I'd say it's NSFW.
I just noticed that was paint.

"How do you trust a nation that's invented Karate? They're standing there in their pajamas... then they kick you in the balls!"
Old April 1 2010, 05:48 AM   #635
Ryan
Commodore

firehawk12 wrote: View Post
Some random cosplay:
http://imgur.com/YrvAq.jpg

Probably NSFW.
I have no idea who she's supposed to be and I do not care.
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8 2010, 03:06 AM   #636
-Brett-
Rear Admiral

So I hear the Kasumi DLC came out yesterday.

Any good? Worth it?
-Brett- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8 2010, 05:33 AM   #637
OdoWanKenobi
Ring Slinger

I'd say yeah. It only adds about an hour of gameplay, but you get a new party member (and a good one at that,) quest, gun, and some spiffy formal wear for Shepard on board the Normandy.
Old April 8 2010, 05:49 AM   #638
LeadHead
Interstellar Man of Mystery

I thought it was worth the points. The extra gameplay was more enjoyable than Firewalker, Kasumi is an interesting addition to the team, and you get a new gun and outfit for your trouble.
Old April 8 2010, 06:17 AM   #639
OdoWanKenobi
Ring Slinger

I love how if:

Old April 8 2010, 09:48 PM   #640
Reverend
Rear Admiral

Can't say as I'm in any hurry to check this one out, though it looks good I imagine once the (very short) mission is over she'll just stand in her little spot on the Normandy jabbering to herself like Zaeed does. I might pick it up eventually, but what I find somewhat irritating is the whole "points" system they're using to sell it. You can just, say buy it from steam but instead buy a block of these "bioware points", which is invariably more than you actually need so can either have them sit there doing nothing and going to waste or use them up on that alternate appearance pack, so why not just bundle it all into one?

I'm not sure I like this piecemeal approach to DLC. Way back when, you bought an expansion pack (Half-Life Opposing Force, Homeworld Cataclysm, etx) and it was essentially a new game, just with the same engine and a lot of the same assets. Now it's all a bit superficial, I mean why should I spend money on giving Thane a pair of shades for goodness sake?

Either some game developers are increasingly becoming rip-off artists or Valve really has spoilt me with free DLC content.
Reverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8 2010, 09:53 PM   #641
clint g
Admiral

Alot of this started when the Xbox 360 created micro-transactions. Many of us on this very site stated that it would become a problem in the future. Turns out we were right
Old April 8 2010, 09:58 PM   #642
ATimson
Rear Admiral

I might pick it up eventually, but what I find somewhat irritating is the whole "points" system they're using to sell it. You can just, say buy it from steam but instead buy a block of these "bioware points", which is invariably more than you actually need so can either have them sit there doing nothing and going to waste or use them up on that alternate appearance pack, so why not just bundle it all into one?
Except for the Alternate Appearance Pack, they've been good about selling you exactly enough; I see a 560 point option, which is just enough for Kasumi...

"...don't mistake a few fans bitching on the Internet for any kind of trend." - Keith R.A. DeCandido
ATimson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8 2010, 10:12 PM   #643
Corran Horn
Vice Admiral

ATimson wrote: View Post
I might pick it up eventually, but what I find somewhat irritating is the whole "points" system they're using to sell it. You can just, say buy it from steam but instead buy a block of these "bioware points", which is invariably more than you actually need so can either have them sit there doing nothing and going to waste or use them up on that alternate appearance pack, so why not just bundle it all into one?
Except for the Alternate Appearance Pack, they've been good about selling you exactly enough; I see a 560 point option, which is just enough for Kasumi...
I don't remember seeing that on the release day for the DLC. I didn't spend much time looking though.
Old April 9 2010, 02:46 AM   #644
bullethead
Fleet Captain

I'm not sure I like this piecemeal approach to DLC. Way back when, you bought an expansion pack (Half-Life Opposing Force, Homeworld Cataclysm, etx) and it was essentially a new game, just with the same engine and a lot of the same assets. Now it's all a bit superficial, I mean why should I spend money on giving Thane a pair of shades for goodness sake?

Either some game developers are increasingly becoming rip-off artists or Valve really has spoilt me with free DLC content.
I think it has to do with the fact that there's a lot more competition for gamer's attention these days, so developers have to come up with more stuff to keep gamers interested in whatever game they've developed. Big expansions take time and money to create, so smaller DLC is a way to keep players from ditching the game while the expansion is developed, as well as funding the creation of said expansion.

As for Valve, they've got Steam raking in the dough, so giving away DLC for free isn't as much of an issue for them as it would be to Bioware.
Old April 9 2010, 12:48 PM   #645
firehawk12
Fleet Admiral

It's because every time the release a patch, they sell a crap load of copies of the game. No other developer has that venue to sell games directly to their customers and on the console side, a lot of people just ditch their copies of their games after they finish playing it.