Star Trek #35 Preview
By: T'Bonz on Jul 8

New ThinkGeek Trek Apparel
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

Star Trek Movie Prop Auction

Drexler: NX Engineering Room Construction

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Gaming

Gaming Non-Star Trek Gaming

Old November 10 2009, 01:00 AM   #1
Frontier
Vice Admiral

View Frontier's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to Frontier
Batman Arkham Asylum - Croc's Lair

So this is royally pissing me off.

I've googled and found other folks having problems in Croc's lair, but they all are having problems getting in, out, collecting the spores. I've done all that.

My problem?

...It's so stupid!

When you're at 120 meters from being out, you turn the corner, they go cinematic and you're supposed to run before Croc destroys the planks beneath you?

Yeah that's fine... except everytime I try, it's as if all my controls have gone haywire, and I can't run straight!

If I keep W pressed, I go backwards to the left (my pov; from Bats, he's going... backwards and right...yeah) and so I have to hit S, going backwards, yet Bat's goes forward, only he lists to the my right/his left side, so he gets stuck trying to run OFF the platform at the next corner and gets smashed...

Now I did once, somehow, make it to the first set of bars you jump over, but I got twisted around and didn't know which way to go, and of course you can't save a game from your own progress, only benchmarks, so I had to start all over...

It's just annoying me to no end because it's such a simple thing, or it should be. It reminds me of how the controls go wonky when you're in a Scarecrow delusion, only, in those I can figure it out inside of a few seconds. This one, I've seen the damn Croc "you lose" screen so many times, I want to scream.

How the ^%@# do I RUN?! Fucking Cinematic view bullshit, confusing me!

Frontier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10 2009, 02:52 AM   #2
Aragorn
Admiral

Re: Batman Arkham Asylum - Croc's Lair

I didn't have a problem with this part. It's been a while, but I'm pretty sure the controls are in accordance to whatever direction Batman is facing. Since you're running toward the camera, that's down.
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10 2009, 03:48 AM   #3
Reverend
Rear Admiral

I didn't have a problem either, but then I was using an xbox360 for windows controller, not the keyboard so maybe that's the problem.
Reverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10 2009, 05:12 AM   #4
Corran Horn
Vice Admiral

I'm on PC, didn't have a problem with this, but the camera does act a little wonky here because of the cinematic...Batman is running towards you so you kind of have to guess which way to turn at one point.
Old November 10 2009, 07:50 AM   #5
Frontier
Vice Admiral

View Frontier's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to Frontier

Well, can anyone tell me what keys to press in what order?

Everything I try, I die. I can't even get him to run half the time, no matter what I do with space (hold down, tap a lot) let alone get off in the right direction. It's like you have to run caddy-corner! It's pissing me off because it's a lame-ass place to be stuck for a lame-ass piss-poor-control design reason.

Frontier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10 2009, 05:58 PM   #6
Corran Horn
Vice Admiral

I don't play on the keyboard. One of my controller keyes, when held down, is 'run' (along with the directional stick) and that's what I used.
Old November 11 2009, 07:39 PM   #7
PKerr
Rear Admiral

Didn't have an issue either.
Something that may help you "run" quieter is to not run/walk at all.
Use the zip line.
PKerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17 2009, 11:50 PM   #8
Captain Pike
Rear Admiral

Kinda off-topic, but I found the Croc's Lair section of the game easily the worst.

Killer Croc keeps jumping up and rushing you to the same loud, repetative music sound-bite while you apply the same remedy (batarang to the head) over & over, you need to collect way too much of the antidote from different spots forcing you to remain there while he keeps rushing you, and then after it you're lost(ish) while the same scenario repeats over and over. I hated it.
Captain Pike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22 2011, 10:22 PM   #9
KaNgarOo_22
Cadet

Hi Frontier, I was wondering if you ever solved this problem in the game. I have the same issue. I'm 50% through the game, and don't want to restart the game.

Thanks,
KaNgarOo
KaNgarOo_22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23 2011, 03:32 AM   #10
RoJoHen
Awesome

I thought this section of the game was redundant, but it wasn't at all difficult. Once I figured out what to do, I beat it in no time.

As for the end when you're running towards the camera...I dunno, I played on a PS3, so all I did was point the joystick down. Didn't have any problems with it.