IDW Publishing January Comics
By: T'Bonz on Oct 20

Retro Review: Chrysalis
By: Michelle on Oct 18

The Next Generation Season Seven Blu-ray Details
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

CBS Launches Streaming Service
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Welcome to the Trek BBS! > General Trek Discussion

General Trek Discussion Trek TV and cinema subjects not related to any specific series or movie.

View Poll Results: How excited are you that I'm here?
W00t!! Let's get this party started! 193 69.93%
I'm ok with it, I'll live. 58 21.01%
Meh. 18 6.52%
BOO!! GO AWAY!!! 7 2.54%
Voters: 276. You may not vote on this poll

Old June 5 2013, 08:12 PM   #856
Statja Q'bel
Ensign

Re: Welcome Fellow Trekkies! The GTD Get to Know You thread

Thank you for the greetings! I just noticed that it looks like my name is Statia O'bel, but it's Statja Q'bel. I think the underline beneath it cuts off the "j" and the "Q". oh well
Statja Q'bel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5 2013, 11:02 PM   #857
Statja Q'bel
Ensign

I understand that Houston is referred to as Space City, correct? I have some friends that work for NASA out there. Is Space City also a reference to the song by Drive-By Truckers?

As for the premise for Enterprise, I actually enjoyed it, even if we generally knew what was coming after that. I guess in my perspective, it is like a history class (in the future). For example, we know that the Nazis in WWII were defeated. But that doesn't mean what happened before that historically is insignificant. As humans, knowing our history is relevant to what could come in the future. I mean, most of us know the old saying "those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." I think that applies in the Star Trek world as well.

For me, watching Enterprise, and seeing the early discussions of the Prime Directive, and the development of the Federation really interested me. I guess I'm just wonky that way. History has always fascinated me, and with that, so has futuristic fantasy and speculative fiction.
Statja Q'bel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8 2013, 06:22 PM   #858
Elim Garakov
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Hi I m Elim Garakov Im been a fan for 3 years
Elim Garakov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13 2013, 04:40 AM   #859
Valora
Cadet

View Valora's Twitter Profile

Hello All!

I've been watching since for about 25 years, so most of my life.
My favorite series is DS9. Also enjoy playing STO. Currently started back at college.

Happy to be here!
Valora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15 2013, 07:10 PM   #860
Trijnie
Cadet

I have been a Star Trek fan from the beginning, I guess. When I was a little girl, we watched Star Trek in black and white on German tv. I live in The Netherlands and Star Trek was broadcast in Germany a few years before they started broadcasting it in The Netherlands. My younger sister and I watched every episode then and I think the series must have triggered something besides the general enthousiasm for it, because from that time onward (1968-ish) I have read and watched anything remotely resembling Sci-Fi. I am 51 years old and throughout the years my taste for SciFi has seasoned to more hard core SF, rather than fantasy.
And although Star Trek, the original series is deeply engrained in my person, My favourite series is Star Trek, Next Generation. As a matter of fact, I stumbled upon this group while I was looking how to donwnload this series to my Ipad.
ps Do you guys know that Leonard Nimoy tweets? -->@TheRealNimoy
LLAP

Glad to be here!
Trijnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 21 2013, 07:09 PM   #861
kirsten187
Napoleonic Power Monger

View kirsten187's Twitter Profile

Hello to all the new people I've missed over the last month or so.
Old June 22 2013, 09:31 AM   #862
desertstarlover
Lieutenant Junior Grade

I'm another one of those who joined foreverago, (2006, I think). I am back to stay - a lot seems to be going on!

I'm an old timer who was there on September 8th, 1966, in front of the TV. I have been there ever since. I love ALL things Star Trek. In fact, I raised my son on Star Trek and it's principals. He watched Star Trek from the time he was a baby until he was about 14, (he is 20 now). He rebelled and hated being a Star Trek geek for about four years - teens, right? Now, he is a Star Trek fan once again, lol!

I hope this is appropriate to do: I would like to invite anyone who is interested to join my Facebook group, "Senior Trekkies and Star Trek Friends Worldwide". You can be any age to join us! Just type in "Senior Trekkies" in the search box on Facebook to find us.
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably." ~ Captain Picard - "The Drumhead", Star Trek: The Next Generation
desertstarlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24 2013, 05:04 PM   #863
SJK91
Ensign

Greetings, all.

I've actually already started my own thread before coming to this one...I was so excited to get started, can you blame me??

Alright, I'll start off with the facts:

- Up until one week ago, the ONLY Star Trek thing I had EVER seen was Star Trek (09) and Star Trek Into Darkness. I actually just began my exploration into the films of Star Trek and just watched TMP. I created a "Last Star Trek Movie You Watched" thread and posted my thoughts there. I was surprised there wasn't one of those already! I looked for a similar thread, but was unable to find one. If there already is one, feel free to shut mine down, mods, and redirect me.

- The only episode from any of the television series I have ever seen has been the TOS episode, "Space Seed." This was to prep myself for my viewing of The Wrath of Khan, which will be coming later this week. But as far as every other episode from TOS and every other Star Trek show - never seen any of it.

- I honestly like ST(09) and STID. Hopefully after viewing the other Star Trek films, I can really gage my appreciation for the JJ films. I know many people claim that these films are not 'true Star Trek,' and that very well may be so. But I firmly believe that they are great action/adventure films. (Don't hurt me too badly...)

As you can see, I haven't even scratched the surface of Star Trek. My journey is beginning today, and I feel I've taken a further step into what should be a exciting adventure by joining you guys.

Last edited by SJK91; June 24 2013 at 07:06 PM.
SJK91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28 2013, 12:50 AM   #864
Kolinahr
Lieutenant

Hi. I'm a newbie. I figure this is the place to ask for a little orientation and advice. Um...is there anything I should do? Go post somewhere? I already made the pledge to not spam anyone and everything.

Kolinahr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28 2013, 08:57 PM   #865
kirsten187
Napoleonic Power Monger

Hello guys, welcome to the forum - the red shirts lounge is a good place to start.
Old June 28 2013, 09:23 PM   #866
Kolinahr
Lieutenant

kirsten187 wrote: View Post
Hello guys, welcome to the forum - the red shirts lounge is a good place to start.
It seems that this is a pretty welcoming forum. I'm glad. I tend to make mistakes when I first join, though I learn pretty fast.

Kolinahr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28 2013, 09:33 PM   #867
kirsten187
Napoleonic Power Monger

It is. I'm glad that it still is. I joined over 2 and a half years ago and people were great then too.
Old July 2 2013, 01:30 AM   #868
OBXTrekkie
Lieutenant

Howdy folks, thought I'd introduce myself. My name is Melinda, my friends call me Mel. I'm a Mom of 4 (2 grown and 2 littles), writer, professional artist, beach bum and total Trekkie.

I was introduced to Star Trek TOS when I was a little kid in the mid-70s and watched it in reruns with my older brothers. My first spisode was "Spock's Brain" and I was hooked.

Over the years I've enjoyed all the shows to varying degrees, but TOS was always my fave. I love the Abrams reboot, and the new cast is doing a great job, IMO. I loved Into Darkness, inspite of a few "What...seriously?" moments, I though it was very well done and I enjoyed it from start to finish.

My love for Trek carries over into all of my hobbies in some way or the other. I currently have a Trek fic in progress at fanfiction. net, titled One Sacred Moment. My user name there is OBXTrekkie also.

I make my living creating a selling life like art dolls, and among them have a been a few baby Vulcans (one of which I still have in my personal collection) and an Andorian baby.

I'm so glad I found this forum and I'm looking forward to getting to know some more Trek lovers!

Live Long & Prosper!
Mel
Old July 2 2013, 09:45 PM   #869
kirsten187
Napoleonic Power Monger

Hi Mel, welcome to TrekBBS
Old July 3 2013, 02:10 AM   #870
terpette
Commander

View terpette's Twitter Profile Send a message via Yahoo to terpette

Back to the BBS after a long absence. I've been a Trek fan as long as I can remember, though TNG is "my Trek". I'm a member of STARFLEET, and I run my own chapter, the USS Richthofen, based in centeral MD. And I do much other Trek stuff for STARFLEET.

I'm currently doing a DS9 watch/rewatch, and I love the Trek books (though I am woefully behind). I do not like the AbramsTrek stuff.

I attend about 4-5 cons a year. I'm also really into yarn, I'm reading the Robert Jordan "Wheel of Time" books for the first time, I have two cats. I'm married. And I firmly believe there's coffee in that nebula.