Trek 3 Shooting Next Spring?
By: T'Bonz on Sep 16

Star Trek: Alien Domain Game Announced
By: T'Bonz on Sep 15

Red Shirt Diaries Episode Three

Made Out Of Mudd Photonovel

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Welcome to the Trek BBS! > General Trek Discussion

General Trek Discussion Trek TV and cinema subjects not related to any specific series or movie.

View Poll Results: How excited are you that I'm here?
W00t!! Let's get this party started! 191 70.48%
I'm ok with it, I'll live. 56 20.66%
Meh. 18 6.64%
BOO!! GO AWAY!!! 6 2.21%
Voters: 271. You may not vote on this poll

Old August 28 2012, 03:34 PM   #676
CartoonTrekky
Cadet

View CartoonTrekky's Twitter Profile
Star Trek cartoon caricature artist says a big warm hello

Hi all, I am new to the forum.

I am a big Star Trek fan, my favourite being the original series because I grew up with that. Love the remastered version. I also like The New Generation and Voyager. Not so much The Enterprise or Deep Space Nine. I think it's the dark colours that put me off those two. I am not a fan of 'dark' lighting or subdued colours on any program.

I am presently drawing Star Trek cartoon caricatures which I hope you enjoy I do this for fun and so far have drawn Sulu, Kirk, Uhura and Spock but I hope to draw them all in time. I hope you enjoy them too.

(I will be updating them here)

Copyright notice...If you wish to repost any of these images you may do so under the following guidelines: Select one image only and repost with a live link to my website page here so people can view the rest. Do not alter the images in anyway. Many thanks.
CartoonTrekky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 28 2012, 09:28 PM   #677
kirsten187
Napoleonic Power Monger

View kirsten187's Twitter Profile
Re: Welcome Fellow Trekkies! The GTD Get to Know You thread

Hello to new members who have joined since my last welcome message.
Old August 28 2012, 10:30 PM   #678
Satyrquaze
Vice Admiral

Cmdr Ji Qi Ren wrote: View Post
Oh well, "at least I'm not Brent Spiner". (Free tribble for anyone who knows the reference).
Had to google it, but I just lost an hour... at work, and I'm totally blaming you.
Old August 29 2012, 06:17 PM   #679
Cmdr Ji Qi Ren
Ensign

Satyrquaze wrote: View Post
Oh well, "at least I'm not Brent Spiner". (Free tribble for anyone who knows the reference).
Had to google it, but I just lost an hour... at work, and I'm totally blaming you.
Hahaha, I bet you would have found some other distraction if it weren't for me. ...
So, what did you find?
Cmdr Ji Qi Ren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 29 2012, 06:44 PM   #680
Cmdr Ji Qi Ren
Ensign

Re: Star Trek cartoon caricature artist says a big warm hello

CartoonTrekky wrote: View Post

LOL, I like it. But Kirk has hazel eyes. Sorry to be a nitpicker.
Old August 29 2012, 08:02 PM   #681
Satyrquaze
Vice Admiral

Hahaha, I bet you would have found some other distraction if it weren't for me. ...
So, what did you find?
I generally don't need help distracting myself while at work.

...We had a guest on yesterday whose face was literally ripped off by a pit bull. You know what she said to me? At least, I'm not Brent Spiner".
I found a series of youtube videos that give amazing insight into the precarious mental state of your average out-of-work Hollywood actor.
Old August 30 2012, 01:06 PM   #682
Cmdr Ji Qi Ren
Ensign

Satyrquaze wrote: View Post

...We had a guest on yesterday whose face was literally ripped off by a pit bull. You know what she said to me? At least, I'm not Brent Spiner".
I found a series of youtube videos that give amazing insight into the precarious mental state of your average out-of-work Hollywood actor.
I love the series and find it hilarious. But it does make me think. Those actors are way too fixated on doing that one thing in their life and if that doesn't work, they don't know what to do with themselves. I mean, Ok, they are rich and their problems don't compare to those of people in Africa starving etc. But still.. I kind of pity them. It's easier for an average person to move on and change jobs and their self-esteem or happiness doesn't depend so much on just one kind of job.

edit: Oh I forgot. Here's your free tribble. It's a new subspecies that's been bred to have a face, so as to avoid confusion.

Last edited by Cmdr Ji Qi Ren; August 30 2012 at 01:22 PM.
Old September 3 2012, 05:20 PM   #683
ixfd64
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Send a message via AIM to ixfd64

Copied from the Misc. thread:

Hello, my name is Danny, and I just registered here.

I've been a Star Wars fan most of my life, but I recently picked up an interest in Star Trek. In fact, I finished watching all 11 movies in June, and I just finished watching The Animated Series today. My plan is to start The Original Series next. I know it's going to take quite a while to finish - I do have a job (not Federation-related, unfortunately), you know? :-)

I remember a lot of people in my elementary school were fans of Star Trek, but I never became interested in it until now. I guess it's never too late to become a Trekkie. xD
ixfd64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 3 2012, 05:24 PM   #684
Count Zero
Decidedly something

No, it never is. I'm curious - why did you watch TAS first? It's something of a continuation of TOS, so it would make sense to watch that first. I hope it wasn't too confusing.
Old September 3 2012, 06:08 PM   #685
ixfd64
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Send a message via AIM to ixfd64

Count Zero wrote: View Post
No, it never is. I'm curious - why did you watch TAS first? It's something of a continuation of TOS, so it would make sense to watch that first. I hope it wasn't too confusing.
I'm aware that TAS comes after TOS, but TAS was by far the shortest series, so I wanted to get that out of the way first. Also, the TOS S1, Vol. 1 DVD was checked out at my local library, so I figured I'd watch what was available in the meantime. My ultimate goal is to watch every episode of every series, although that's going to take a very long time for sure.

Last edited by ixfd64; September 3 2012 at 06:21 PM.
ixfd64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 3 2012, 06:27 PM   #686
Count Zero
Decidedly something

Yeah, that will indeed take quite a while. I'm currently watching my way through the old Doctor Who show - well, I've been on it for years, on and off, with large breaks in between - which is equivalent, I suppose. I figured I wouldn't rush myself because once you're done, you've seen all of it and I prefer it if there's something I've yet to discover.
Old September 7 2012, 01:33 PM   #687
SimpleLogic

Greetings all I am new to the site though I have heard about it for years. I am a lifelong Trekkie and a recent fan of the new Doctor Who. I grew up watching the movies and TOS with my Dad. I remember the excitement of knowing there was "An all new Enterprise, with an all new crew" on the way in the form on TNG. I've read lots of the books, a few comics and seen all the series. Nothing brightens up my day more than watching Star Trek.
Old September 7 2012, 08:01 PM   #688
kirsten187
Napoleonic Power Monger

Loving that free tribble a few posts ago!
Old September 8 2012, 11:13 AM   #689
Cmdr Ji Qi Ren
Ensign

kirsten187 wrote: View Post
Loving that free tribble a few posts ago!
Thanks
Old September 8 2012, 04:29 PM   #690
kirsten187
Napoleonic Power Monger

I hope you're enjoying these forums