Red Shirt Diaries Episode Three
By: T'Bonz on Sep 15

Made Out Of Mudd Photonovel

Takei Has Growth Removed

Retro Review: Tears of the Prophets
By: Michelle on Sep 12

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Welcome to the Trek BBS! > General Trek Discussion

General Trek Discussion Trek TV and cinema subjects not related to any specific series or movie.

View Poll Results: How excited are you that I'm here?
W00t!! Let's get this party started! 191 70.48%
I'm ok with it, I'll live. 56 20.66%
Meh. 18 6.64%
BOO!! GO AWAY!!! 6 2.21%
Voters: 271. You may not vote on this poll

Old May 28 2012, 09:39 PM   #631
Count Zero
Decidedly something

Re: Welcome Fellow Trekkies! The GTD Get to Know You thread

No, coming back is ok. If your other account was closed anyway, there shouldn't be a problem, anyway. But if it had still been open this new account might have been seen as a dual. In such a case it's best to let the admins know that nothing nefarious is going on. You did that already so everything's fine.
Old June 1 2012, 02:22 AM   #632
Master_Funk
Cadet

Hello everyone. I'm a relatively recent trekkie . I was always aware of the series having caught glimpses of voyager on TV every so often. My first real exposure came from watching Enterprise (yeah I know) . At the time, I thought it was alright but never really got into it .

After a few years, I caught the trek bug again with the JJ abrams movie. I thought it was awesome and really wanted to give the 'old universe' a shot. My friend told me the original series would a be a little rough to start with, so told me to watch the movies starting with Khan. I watched all the original series movies and stopped before generations knowing the TNG connection. Like most people, I agree that 2 and 4 are just great movies in general, though I enjoyed 3 and 6 for what they were.

Then came TNG which I just blazed though and loved, season 1 not withstanding.I am now working through DS9 which is pretty different but so far so good.

Thats the gist , and I hope to be a good member of the community.
Master_Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19 2012, 06:52 AM   #633
Sysyphyx
Lieutenant

View Sysyphyx's Twitter Profile

Greetings Earth creatures. Big Trek fan here. My favorite episode is TNG Season 6 Episode 23, "Rightful Heir". Favorite film is The Motion Picture. But my interests go way beyond Star Trek. l'm also a big fan of horror and fantasy. l worship at the altar of H.P. Lovecraft, and am currently awaiting the triumphant, repugnant return of dreaming Cthulhu.

l've been lurking on this site for a few months now, reading the Trek related headlines, but l just recently discovered the forums section, which looks very active and diverse when compared to the horror forum l've been on which is in the process of dying. l hope to meet a lot of cool people here, and maybe even meet some folks to level-up with on Star Trek Online.
Sysyphyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19 2012, 12:27 PM   #634
Count Zero
Decidedly something

Welcome to TrekBBS!

There's also a Trek Gaming section on the board where you should be able to find people who also play Star Trek Online.
Old June 19 2012, 04:17 PM   #635
Sysyphyx
Lieutenant

View Sysyphyx's Twitter Profile

Count Zero wrote: View Post
Welcome to TrekBBS!

There's also a Trek Gaming section on the board where you should be able to find people who also play Star Trek Online.
Thanks!
Sysyphyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19 2012, 11:33 PM   #636
Kuro Pit
Cadet

Hi all.
I've been a Trekkie for awhile. I mainly watch TOS, TNG, DS9 and the movies. My favorite Trek movie is Khan.
I do have alot of interiests outside Trek. And i hope to be a good member of the community.
Kuro Pit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 20 2012, 08:00 PM   #637
kirsten187
Napoleonic Power Monger

View kirsten187's Twitter Profile

Hello new members - welcome to trekbbs
Old June 21 2012, 11:27 PM   #638
arsenal6
Ensign

hello everybody
arsenal6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 22 2012, 03:59 PM   #639
Satyrquaze
Vice Admiral

Hello arsenal6. Welcome to the board.
Old June 22 2012, 10:12 PM   #640
kirsten187
Napoleonic Power Monger

View kirsten187's Twitter Profile

Hi arsenal6 - how are you?
Old June 28 2012, 07:01 PM   #641
ILOVETREK1701
Lieutenant Commander

Hi everyone! I just joined recently and am super exited. I mostly watch tng, ds9, voy, ent, and tng movies.
ILOVETREK1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 29 2012, 07:20 PM   #642
Satyrquaze
Vice Admiral

welcome to the boards, ILOVETREK1701!
Old July 8 2012, 07:57 AM   #643
REDrake
Lieutenant

Send a message via Yahoo to REDrake

Hello everyone. I might not call myself a trekkie, as I am into sci-fi genre in general, not just Star Trek (and I've been a sci-fi reader for as long as I was able to read - read my first Jules Verne at the age of 7). Until about a month ago, I didn't touched a ST novel, but now I started on them.
I'm a fan of both TOS and Enterprise series, but not that much into TNG. DS9 and Voy, I admit I watched too little, but I might get on with them at some point.
The movies, I enjoyed, except for the first, the fifth and the ones that came after First Contact. Nemesis was simply terrible IMO.
I am also an avid player of one Star Trek game, Birth of the Federation and the mods (I actually made a Milky Way galaxy mod for my own enjoyment) created for Space Empires IV.

As I'm from Eastern Europe and from a former communist country, we had no idea about Star Trek until around 1992 when they started to broadcast TNG. Several years after that TOS were also put on TV channel. Then came the first seasons of Voy and DS9. Obviously with modern computers came the availability of series on a more regular basis. As for books, there were no translations of ST books in romanian, but I like to read in english anyway, so that's definitely not an issue for me.
As I see plenty of introductions place a favorite episode, I'm going to do it as well, but with a note that I am truly addicted to the mirror universe idea in Star Trek. Those episodes have always been different from all the others.
So for TOS, "Mirror, Mirror"
For Enterprise "In a Mirror Darkly" (both of them)
For TNG "Relics"
For Voy "Year of Hell" (both of them)
For DS9 "Crossover"
REDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 8 2012, 12:08 PM   #644
Count Zero
Decidedly something

Hi REDrake! Welcome to the board. There are a number of ST novels set in the Mirror Universe, you might want to check them out. Nice to meet another Enterprise fan. As for DS9 you should check it out if you have the chance. I enjoyed it a lot, especially from season 3 onward.
Old July 10 2012, 01:22 PM   #645
Sigokat
Commander

Location: Fort Bragg, NC but from Chicago (currently deployed)

Hello everyone. I'm new to this board, but not to Star Trek. I love the series and have my entire life. I'm currently watching ST:TNG on BBCAmerica and recently completed the entire TOS again.

I came here to find a nice place to be able to talk to other fans. i was on some other message boards for a particular author but left because it got pretty nasty. So far from what I've read that doesn't seem to be the case here at all!

I've been working on a ST:TNG story for a long time and plan to revisit it once I finish my Masters next month. I'm in the Army, about to be promoted to Major in a couple months. I'm currently stationed at Fort Bragg, NC, but I'm originally from Chicago.

Hope to meet some interesting people here. Now off to browse the forums!
Sigokat is offline   Reply With Quote