Beltran Introduces Shakespeare To Theater Group
By: T'Bonz on Oct 16

Burton To Be Honored at Facets Boo! Bash
By: T'Bonz on Oct 16

New Trek Puzzles
By: T'Bonz on Oct 15

Star Trek Online: Delta Rising
By: T'Bonz on Oct 15

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Welcome to the Trek BBS! > General Trek Discussion

General Trek Discussion Trek TV and cinema subjects not related to any specific series or movie.

View Poll Results: How excited are you that I'm here?
W00t!! Let's get this party started! 193 70.18%
I'm ok with it, I'll live. 58 21.09%
Meh. 18 6.55%
BOO!! GO AWAY!!! 6 2.18%
Voters: 275. You may not vote on this poll

Old May 2 2011, 06:58 PM   #391
kirsten187
Napoleonic Power Monger

View kirsten187's Twitter Profile
Re: Welcome Fellow Trekkies! The GTD Get to Know You thread

Yes, the redshirt lounge...I'll be saying goodbye to the captains' lounge soon too.

Hello to new members
Old May 15 2011, 03:01 AM   #392
Greatarms
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Opening hailing frequencies!

Of course I saw many Star Trek shows as a kid, but I am just beginning to watch the whole corpus from the Original Series through the cartoons until the last of Enterprise. Wish me luck on this marathon!
Greatarms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15 2011, 02:48 PM   #393
kirsten187
Napoleonic Power Monger

Hello Greatarms - welcome to trekbbs
Old May 16 2011, 02:32 PM   #394
KimMH
Rear Admiral

Welcome Greatarms!
Old June 3 2011, 01:58 AM   #395
Kimbal
Cadet

Greetings frail mortals, from the newest home of the mighty Q Continuum!

<yawns> It's late here, not been sleeping and so I've also had a rare sleeping pill so this was the best I could do, but just wanted to say hi and so on.

Over years of declining health I've spent more and more time getting to know all the tv I missed for most of a lifetime. Good shows have come and gone but, and a special thanks to some of our British stations, all forms of Trek have been shown over and over. Thing is, I never, ever tire of them, unlike many shows that seem great the first time, second, even third time. Trek's just something I never fall out of love with. Though DS9 is my over all favourite.

A little about me (if I was the reader this is the bit I'd skip)... From the time I was a kid reading and writing were my greatest hobbies, and were the only good part of my childhood. As the few television shows I watched a little of were sf and that got me criticism I didn't watch much, then stopped all together. I started getting ill at about 12 or 13, and just lived more in my head than anywhere else.

To cut through a lot of dull and boring stuff, I was introduced to my present best friend, housemate, and adopted mother, Barbara, and we moved in together on a permanent arrangement in 1990. She studied person centred counselling and borrowed fiction books from her place of study. That was when I met my very first Star Trek novel, Peter David's "Q-in-Law". From there I read more Star Trek books, bought a tv (previously not needed or wanted by either of us, though I think Barbara missed having one a little), with a VCR, got Blockbuster membership, and started renting every single Trek tape available. Here had begun my first real tv/film love affair, and I discovered tv was fun.

Guess that explains why despite straying, Trek is the home I always come back too. Many years later, there's nothing better for a night of pain and insomnia spent in front of the tv.

So when a friend or two decided I really should learn to use the internet and chat to people more, after a few months glancing over different forums with varying levels of interest, when I found one for Trekkies I couldn't resist. So, for now, you're temporarily stuck with someone who hasn't even learned what all the strange sets of symbols are for, and will probably be a little uncomfortable with them for a while yet.

Otherwise, with you as my first contact I hope we'll all do OK. I do hope I don't babble too confusingly when very tired (not slept for quite a few days and nights now...)

Best wishes to you all,
Kimbal
Kimbal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 3 2011, 02:04 AM   #396
T'Laina
Lieutenant

Oh hi!

I suppose I should actual introduce myself.
My name is T'Laina, and I have been obsessed with Star Trek and Doctor Who for quite a while now... cruising around the city looking for anything and everything pertaining to them.

I recently started a blog, the link is in my signature. Basically I write about Who and Trek, and put up picture and scans of the things that I find and Collect.

Glad to be here!
Old June 3 2011, 06:34 PM   #397
kirsten187
Napoleonic Power Monger

Hello Kimbal and T'Laina
Old June 5 2011, 04:47 PM   #398
Scrambo
Lieutenant Commander

View Scrambo's Twitter Profile

I know ive been bad & commented on things before saying hi so erm hi.

Dad introduced me to the wonderfull of TOS about 17yrs ago (blimey), tried to get into the other versions of the show but really couldnt. Hubby doesnt understand all this star trek thing.

Discovered this site whilst bored at work (of all places) & decided to look for star trek forums.
Scrambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5 2011, 05:25 PM   #399
kirsten187
Napoleonic Power Monger

Hello Scrambo, welcome to trekbbs. I also occasionally check in while I'm at work too
Old June 5 2011, 10:40 PM   #400
Shanndee
Commodore

Hello Everyone,

Scrambo, I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one! So, um, HI! I've been a Star Trek fan for what feels like all of my life. I have a wonderfully understanding husband who puts up with (and is amused by) my fandom. He has agreed to join me at the Las Vegas convention even though he is a Star Wars guy.

I'm afraid I'm more of a lurker than a poster, but I do love it here. When you do see me it will probably be at the DS9 forum.

Cheers!
Shanndee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6 2011, 02:01 PM   #401
kirsten187
Napoleonic Power Monger

Hello Shanndee. Welcome to trekbbs. DS9 is tied with TOS for my favourite series.
Old June 8 2011, 10:40 AM   #402
Retroneon
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Greetings, Star Trek enthusiasts!

There's an introduction topic in the Lounge too. But seeing the same topic in General Discussion, will this become the new main one?

My screen name is Retroneon. When I was little, my family bought a new TV. The first thing that I saw when it was turned on, was the Enterprise-D zooming across the screen! It may not have been the first media I was exposed to, but I certainly remember it as such. The rest is history. I've been an avid fan, in the many ways you have experienced it, since.

The hard work and dedication of the people who create the franchise, and the lives it has touched, fills me with great optimism and energy for the future. It led me to pursue an industrial design degree. And having recently graduated, I hope to one day make a positive impact.

I've only been to a Star Trek convention back in the '90s. The ST cons tended to move away from the Midwest afterwards. But I do see the actors appear at other general conventions.

I hope to perhaps make local friends wherever I'm currently at, just chill and gush about whatever our interests are. I'm also on the RPF.

To wrap this up, a convention is not very conductive to having discussions with people. And while message boards can become quite heated, it is where fans now come to share their thoughts. I've visited Trek BBS for many years, and won't be making newbie posts. So hopefully you can be entertained by fresh ideas.
Old June 8 2011, 01:44 PM   #403
Sean Aaron
Rear Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Sean Aaron Send a message via Yahoo to Sean Aaron

Retroneon wrote: View Post
When I was little, my family bought a new TV. The first thing that I saw when it was turned on, was the Enterprise-D zooming across the screen!
Thank you for making me feel old. Oh, and welcome!
Sean Aaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8 2011, 04:35 PM   #404
kirsten187
Napoleonic Power Monger

Hello Retroneon
Old June 18 2011, 07:00 AM   #405
DoctorJones
Ensign

Hey everyone!
Been meaning to join a Star Trek forum for a while, so here I am.

I'm afraid I'm new to the whole franchise, having seen only one film and having finished only one series (TOS). I shall continue, without a doubt.

Huge Stargate fan as well. Love it as much as I love trek.

Oh, and my profile name is in reference to Indiana Jones. Just to clarify :P
DoctorJones is offline   Reply With Quote