Drexler: NX Engineering Room Construction
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

New Trek Home Fashions
By: T'Bonz on Jul 4

Star Trek Pop-Ups Book Preview
By: T'Bonz on Jul 3

Cho: More On Selfie
By: T'Bonz on Jul 3

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Welcome to the Trek BBS! > General Trek Discussion

General Trek Discussion Trek TV and cinema subjects not related to any specific series or movie.

View Poll Results: How excited are you that I'm here?
W00t!! Let's get this party started! 182 69.73%
I'm ok with it, I'll live. 56 21.46%
Meh. 17 6.51%
BOO!! GO AWAY!!! 6 2.30%
Voters: 261. You may not vote on this poll

Old July 1 2010, 02:32 AM   #136
Gul Re'jal
Commodore

Location: Gul Re'jal is suspecting she's on the wrong space station
Re: Welcome Fellow Trekkies! The GTD Get to Know You thread

Hi, All,

I've been lurking, lurking, and then decided to register to be able to follow threads... and the temptation to speak (we, Cardassians, LOVE to talk) was to strong

Once I had a dream I was human, a Pole, who lived in Asia and had two ginger felines at home. But then I woke up and only the felines occurred to be real, phew...
Gul Re'jal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1 2010, 02:54 AM   #137
Nerys Ghemor
Vice Admiral

Welcome to my fellow Cardassian! ( )

I too know the longing for a world of warmer climes...I hope to see more from you!
Old July 3 2010, 11:13 PM   #138
Willieck
Commander

I probably should have done this earlier but I have only just spotted this thread. (There are a lorra lorra threads on these forums!). As I have said elsewhere I have been watching Star Trek since it first began in the UK in the sixties and I have been hooked ever since.

Live long and prosper.
Willieck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 5 2010, 09:03 AM   #139
Asrathiel
Ensign

View Asrathiel's Twitter Profile

Heya people! I'm a TOS fan and Spock lover That's a brilliant smilie btw I also rather like smilies, as you may have already guessed.
I'm watching my way through Next Gen and Voyager at the moment. Well, Voyager from the point where Seven shows up.

What else..? I love nu!trek, apart from the abomination that is Spock/Uhura! OMG I just figure he didn't know Kirk yet, and he needed some comfort. I mean, she doesn't even know how Vulcans kiss, how long can it really last?
Asrathiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 5 2010, 12:49 PM   #140
TheKeeper
Commander

^ I send greetings to a fellow smiley addict!

For some reason, I never got around to posting in this thread. I joined last January and just returned after some absence. I've been an old-school TOSsist since the early 1970s and followed the movies and most of the subsequent series. Couldn't get into ENT and I can't abide Abrams Trek, otherwise I love it all.

Last edited by TheKeeper; July 5 2010 at 05:26 PM.
TheKeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 5 2010, 03:55 PM   #141
Willieck
Commander

Asrathiel wrote: View Post
Heya people! I'm a TOS fan and Spock lover That's a brilliant smilie btw I also rather like smilies, as you may have already guessed.
I'm watching my way through Next Gen and Voyager at the moment. Well, Voyager from the point where Seven shows up.

What else..? I love nu!trek, apart from the abomination that is Spock/Uhura! OMG I just figure he didn't know Kirk yet, and he needed some comfort. I mean, she doesn't even know how Vulcans kiss, how long can it really last?
Not a Kes fan then?

I tend to agree. When Seven first makes her very first appearance on the Cube in Scorpion 2 I start to feel the tingle of anticipation. (disgusting at my age )

I once had a "discussion" on another forum; Kes v Seven and the guy got quite emotional when I suggested that he preferred his ladies just a little more submissive . He thought I was getting too personal about his sexuality.
Willieck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 7 2010, 05:19 AM   #142
Giwu
Ensign

Hello, All

I would describe myself as a rabid Trek fan until DS9 went off the air, since then I have drifted to become much more of a casual (sometimes apathetic) fan. I started watchin TOS in the early 1980s (somewhere after theater realease of TWOK but before TSFS) and became a fan of TOS, TNG and DS9. I never got into Voyager, Enterprise of the new movie, but I am going to start rounding out my collections and watching all series and movies.

I used to love to read the books, but as I got older, I felt like the books were written more for kids than adults. I suppose that was in keeping with the PG rating of things and the fact there seemed to be a 'dark time' for Star Trek publishing.

I'm looking for a couple music clips, I like to find a few books to read and I really would like to find a real life club in my area.

Hi to all!
Giwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 7 2010, 09:32 AM   #143
Asrathiel
Ensign

View Asrathiel's Twitter Profile

Not a Kes fan then?

I tend to agree. When Seven first makes her very first appearance on the Cube in Scorpion 2 I start to feel the tingle of anticipation. (disgusting at my age )

I once had a "discussion" on another forum; Kes v Seven and the guy got quite emotional when I suggested that he preferred his ladies just a little more submissive . He thought I was getting too personal about his sexuality.
Ah, Kes is alright, but I can't say she grabbed me like Seven did

lol, seems that any Star Trek discussion ends up getting pretty emotional!
Asrathiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12 2010, 05:13 AM   #144
Sector 7
Rear Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Sector 7

Asrathiel wrote: View Post
Welcome aboard, Asrathiel! I am not a fan of the Spock/Uhura make-out scenes either.
A hearty hello to all the newbies. Join in the fun and frivolity that is TrekBBS!!
Old July 13 2010, 10:22 PM   #145
Xenu Cruise
Lieutenant

Hi everybody. Just signed up today. I was glad to stumble across a Trek board with some activity to it. I probably became a big trek fan in the 90s, when DS9 was just starting out. I watched it from the get-go and it is still my favorite series to this day. VOY has hit and miss for me and I thought Enterprise was so bad I had to stop watching it. Maybe one day I'll pick it up again, but it is nice to know that there is still new-to-me Trek available, even if it is bad.

I liked the new movie, but I think it is somewhat sad that the universe that we knew and loved it dead to the screen. Fortunately, there are still the books to keep things going and I enjoy (many of) them very much. I mostly read the stuff set after the TV shows, but find myself going back to fill in the blanks every now and then. I also hope to one day make it out to Vegas for the big convention. Let's hope...

Nice to meet everybody.
Xenu Cruise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16 2010, 09:06 AM   #146
Romtehretard
Cadet

Mooogie! uhm i mean hi all.
Romtehretard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18 2010, 12:48 AM   #147
TeaKirk
Fleet Captain

View TeaKirk's Twitter Profile

*Pokes head in* uh Hi, I joined back in Feb and just wanted to say ummm Hi since I've never gotten that chance to introduce myself *Waves* (I know, I'm now that much of a talker)

Info about me
Favorite shows: Digimon, Pokemon, Sailor Moon, Star Trek, Batman, Captain Planet, Power Rangers, any kind of anime, Jackass, Anything on Adult Swim or Comedy Central

Favorite bands: Linkin Park, Green Day, Evanescence, System of a Down, Disturbed, Hammerfall, Bleeding Through, Nightwish, Dethklok, Sonic Syndicate, Papa Roach, Mindless Self Indulgence, drowning pool, AC/DC, Poison, Twisted Sister, Trapt, Smashing Pumpkins, Deathstars, within temptation, hollywood undead, Threat Signal, Sirenia, After Forever, Agathodaimon, Agnostic Front, All Shall Perish, Amorphis, Annotations Of An Autopsy, Anthrax, Backstreet Boys, Nsync, Toybox, Aqua, Archenemy, Killswitch Engage, Avenged Sevenfold, Smash Mouth,

Favorite Star Trek season
TOS

Fave character
Chekov
Old July 19 2010, 01:13 AM   #148
Sector 7
Rear Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Sector 7

Ahoy, welcome aboard shipmates!! Join in the fun and frivolity that is TrekBBS (some of you already have... yay!).
Old July 20 2010, 04:17 AM   #149
Nerd unRage
Commander

Hi all. I've been lurking a bit for the past month or so before joining yesterday. I like that this Forum isn't comprised solely of people who have practically everything known about Trek memorized. It seems to be a good mix of us "noobs" and longtime fans.

I knew what Star Trek was as a kid but didn't become a fan until last year's movie. I decided this year to go back to the source material if you will and have really enjoyed watching TOS (I'm still working on season 2) as well as TNG on BBC America. I've been making my way through the movies and just go done watching Star Trek VI last night.
Nerd unRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20 2010, 02:59 PM   #150
Clare
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Clare

Hi everyone =]

I'm very new, just joined a few days ago and I'm so glad I did because not only do I love Star Trek but this forum seems really nice and friendly unlike other stupid chat rooms I've joined and soon left......

It was the 2009 movie that first got my sister hooked and then a few months later me! I've been into Star Trek for nearly 8 months now and have made my way through seven of the films including the 2009 one (I can't wait to see Generations as I'm pretty sure it has Data's Life Forms song in it!) I've watched about two thirds of the TNG series and some TOS as well.

Also what I love about Star Trek is it does bring together all age groups (especially since the 2009 movie) and it's funny because when my mum was growing up she was watching TOS on tv.......little did she know about 30 years later her kids would be talking about it as if it's new!
Clare is offline   Reply With Quote