Saldana In The Book of Life
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

Cracked’s New Sci-Fi Satire
By: T'Bonz on Oct 16

Beltran Introduces Shakespeare To Theater Group

Burton To Be Honored at Facets Boo! Bash

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Fandom > Fan Art

Fan Art Post your Trek fan art here, including hobby models and collectibles.

Old April 13 2011, 02:42 PM   #331
havoc92
Commander

Send a message via Yahoo to havoc92
Re: NCC-1701 USS Enterprise Deck by Deck - WIP

Blew out my 10gb hosting limit at photobucket for the month already. So, using a different host for the moment.
Old April 13 2011, 07:29 PM   #332
havoc92
Commander

Another update. For those that have seen my facebook entry this morning, this is old news; but, In the wake of the interviews in the past few weeks, I was asked to
assist with a star trek fan film. This morning I took a pass. I really didn't want to pass on this as the experience would have been nice; but, .. holding options open
to see what happens. If the production schedule changes...

here's a link to the production: http://www.startreksecretvoyage.com/

I will be changing my build schedule to work the asset list they requested; so, the plan to begin work on Sickbay next is nixxed. Next stop, the Bridge.

And so it begins:

First thing on the menu - redid the gangway to what I wanted it like to begin with. Happy.
Old April 13 2011, 08:49 PM   #333
havoc92
Commander

Ok, since the Bridge was originally worked up, a lot of trimming has taken place and in the process, all the textures and color disappeared.
So, first thing on the agenda after the gangway was to get some color back in here so it looks like someone's been workin here .. and so
I can get a good look around and see what's next.. besides the captain's chair and helm.
Old April 15 2011, 03:13 AM   #334
havoc92
Commander

This is the latest. Not a lot to look at; but, the overhead lighting sconces shifted over time apparently. So today was spent rebuilding the lighting overheads
and combining them into a single mesh. Walk down memory lane as it were. Had to pull out the original scene files and look at what I did eons back. Lots of
beginner's mistakes that I found on the way.. and expected to. Cleaned it all up and cut the poly count in the process.
Old April 16 2011, 10:25 PM   #335
havoc92
Commander

Ok, all the images have been copied over to the temp host. They are linked for ease of viewing and here is the gallery url:
http://img291.imagevenue.com/galshow...lo&format=show
Old April 18 2011, 04:20 PM   #336
havoc92
Commander

Here's the latest:

Been working for the past several days on doing more poly cleanup work and simplifying the overall geometry of the Bridge. In the process, I'm finishing out some smaller pieces
and removing them from view - pearing down to the main consoles. And probably gonna have to alter my promise to myself here and build the Captain's chair and helm. Kinda
Griping me a bit; but, oh well.

Still plowing through. Will probably have more updates as the day progresses today. Got a belly full of steam!

Last edited by havoc92; April 18 2011 at 05:07 PM. Reason: Change of image host
havoc92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18 2011, 05:07 PM   #337
havoc92
Commander

Ok, as an fyI, the new image host was throwing out adult pop-unders so I upgraded the photobucket account. All further posts will be through photobucket.
Old April 18 2011, 07:53 PM   #338
TIN_MAN
Fleet Captain

Okay, I've been waiting for an appropriate point to bring this up, so I guess this is as good a time as any?

Are you planning to detail the service corridor around the bridge? If so, may I suggest a possible source of inspiration? Like this for instance...

[COLOR=#800080]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_MpQIl_c5EBk/SSoRHIhZvaI/AAAAAAAAACY/RHoYPfQc6LM/s1600-h/IMG_4130m.jpg[/COLOR]

I always thought the artist(s) work here was very spot-on, especially the detail behind the view screen; it just seems to me to be exactly what it should be?

I know it doesn't match FJ's work exactly, especially the fudging of the turbo-lift alcove, but I thought it might be good food for thought though.

Of course, you may have other Ideas of your own which will no doubt be just as interesting, just thought I'd mention it. So keep up the great work anyway!

Last edited by TIN_MAN; April 18 2011 at 08:45 PM.
TIN_MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19 2011, 04:12 PM   #339
havoc92
Commander

What have I been up to today.. well:

Basically added some detail to the turbolift car as well as trimming a little. And the last image you see there is the
progress on the first bridge deck console. This one is for the Engineering station. Back to work..

And, TinMan, yeah, the service corridor is getting detailed. Have some ideas in mind already but ideas are still always welcome. Thank you.
Old April 19 2011, 05:31 PM   #340
137th Gebirg
Rear Admiral

Man, this is continuing to amaze me. It had occurred to me that it is fortunate that most, if not all, of the source material is in very spartan solid primary colors or grays, with lots of large and flat surfaces, hardly requiring any texture/bump mapping at all. Focusing more on colors, lighting and detail makes it easier, and I figure, much quicker to render a final product. Well done!
Old April 19 2011, 08:15 PM   #341
havoc92
Commander

Here's the latest. Think I'm done for the day; but, happy with the progress.

Biggest problem I've run into on the Bridge of late is just the odd angles on the consoles. Building the plugins flat and rotating them into place for now.
Old April 20 2011, 04:11 PM   #342
havoc92
Commander

Spent most of the day chasing down proper placement of the buttons and coloration. Some of it is
guesswork (color); but, mostly happy with it. Have to build the viewer now and fix color on the rocker
switches, then this set of panels will be ready to install. Still got a long way to go, as usual; but,
ready to write a book on the process I think lol.
Old April 20 2011, 06:31 PM   #343
havoc92
Commander

Decided to go ahead and mount the panel minus the viewer. Very happy.

Old April 20 2011, 07:44 PM   #344
havoc92
Commander

And before bed, one last little touch:

Did it with Engineering; so...
Old April 21 2011, 04:53 PM   #345
havoc92
Commander