To Be Takei Review by Spencer Blohm
By: T'Bonz on Jul 24

Mulgrew: Playing Red

Hallmark 2015 Trek Ornaments

Funko Mini Spock
By: T'Bonz on Jul 23

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old January 22 2010, 06:04 AM   #46
RoJoHen
Awesome

Re: Wow, Farscape was awesome!

Joe Washington wrote: View Post
I love the show too. I love the humor, the characters (muppet and non-muppet alike), and the drama and how moves me emotionally. I love Crichton and Aeryn's relationship and how you can sense the connection between them from the moment they met.

I've only watched the first season, most of the second season up to the second-to-last episode, some of Season 4's episodes, and the miniseries which I rank as one of the best series finales in TV history but I've been able to piece together all that happened in the parts I haven't seen from fans' comments, video clips, and episodes' references to past events.
You haven't seen Season 3?! My God, man, what is wrong with you? Get to work!
Old January 22 2010, 06:05 AM   #47
Harvey
Admiral

You haven't seen the third season? It's one of the best seasons of television I've ever seen. Easily the best season of the show. Worth seeing even if you've been spoiled as to what happens.

My blog: Star Trek Fact Check.
Harvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24 2010, 03:43 AM   #48
cubbie
Vice Admiral

I'm too lazy to look for the other long thread, so I'll ask in this one. I'm watching Farscape through Netflix for the first time and am in the middle of season 4 (just started the one with clams in the title).

I'm confused about a couple of things. First, where did D'Argo get his ship? It just seemed to be in the hangar bay. Why was it attuned to his ancient tongue? Why not modern?

Also, why did Chiana suddenly develop these visions? They just seemed to have started for no reason and have now happened quite often without explaining the cause. Chiana doesn't seem to know why it's happening to her, that it is unusual to her race.

Otherwise, Farscape is an enjoyable romp.

cubbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24 2010, 04:35 AM   #49
Lindley
Moderator with a Soul

They got the ship in that episode when the asteroids were going to hit that space station. I forget the name. I think D'Argo just saw it floating out there and "recognized" it as important somehow.

Chiana's visions started after she was inhabited by the Energy Rider, so that's the common theory about the cause. However, they were never really explained and they actually seemed to change in nature after a while.
Lindley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24 2010, 05:11 AM   #50
RoJoHen
Awesome

Lindley wrote: View Post
They got the ship in that episode when the asteroids were going to hit that space station. I forget the name. I think D'Argo just saw it floating out there and "recognized" it as important somehow.
"Suns and Lovers," from the very beginning of Season 3. It was floating outside the space station and they rescued it. There wasn't a whole lot explained about it other than it seems to be of ancient Luxan design.

Chiana's visions started after she was inhabited by the Energy Rider, so that's the common theory about the cause. However, they were never really explained and they actually seemed to change in nature after a while.
Yeah, after she was possessed by the Energy Rider in "Losing Time," she began to exhibit weird powers. They started subtle at the end of that episode, when John asked where D'Argo was and Chiana knew (without looking) that he was entering that room. Her powers got more intense towards the end of the season when she "saw" Moya being swallowed by the wormhole.

During the break between Season 3 and 4, her powers continued to change, and she found herself able to see slow time down (or at least her perception of it), which she used to cheat at gambling. Authorities caught her, imprisoned her for a while, and treated her like trash, which is why she's a lot more twitchy and angry at the beginning of Season 4.
Old January 24 2010, 05:43 AM   #51
cubbie
Vice Admiral

Thank you both!

Old January 24 2010, 05:49 AM   #52
RoJoHen
Awesome

cubbie wrote: View Post
Thank you both!
Thank you! Because once again, I read this thread, and I was suddenly motivated to watch some Farscape!
Old January 24 2010, 06:11 AM   #53
Skywalker
Admiral

Heck, I'm watching some right now! Finally getting to the Season One finale after having taken a hiatus for a few weeks. It's funny, it'd been probably five years since I'd seen any episode of the show (before I got the Complete Series DVD), and a lot of stuff happened in the first season that I thought didn't happen until Season Two.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24 2010, 06:15 AM   #54
RoJoHen
Awesome

I've watched this whole show so many frelling times that I have almost 4 seasons worth of dialogue memorized.
Old January 24 2010, 06:32 PM   #55
cubbie
Vice Admiral

I just finished watching clams and coup. I could not stop laughing. Poor D'Argo for experiencing grannies pleasure, but the best was seeing Ben Browder in a dress.

Old January 24 2010, 07:09 PM   #56
RoJoHen
Awesome

I think you mean "Coup by Clam," but yeah, I loved that ep. Some people don't, but I thought it was hilarious.
Old January 24 2010, 08:54 PM   #57
cubbie
Vice Admiral

That's the one! I never can remember the titles. I think I enjoyed it so much because it was having fun with the characters.

Old January 25 2010, 08:07 PM   #58
LitmusDragon
Commodore

Holy crap, just got to the end of season 2!

Die Me, Dichotomy really illustrates the need for the fan movement Society Against Cruelty to Crichton.
LitmusDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25 2010, 11:26 PM   #59
The Squire of Gothos
Rear Admiral

Awesome indeed, a bit of Australian verve is evident in its making.

Also welcome, the Ozzie stars. Such as the beautifully befreckled Raelee Hill.