Star Trek #35 Preview
By: T'Bonz on Jul 8

New ThinkGeek Trek Apparel
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

Star Trek Movie Prop Auction

Drexler: NX Engineering Room Construction

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > The Next Generation

The Next Generation All Good Things come to an end...but not here.

Old March 10 2010, 04:57 PM   #46
Savage Dragon
TheSeeker

Re: Who Could Carry Their Own Series?

My vote would be for Star Trek Titan featuring Riker. I would watch that in a heartbeat.
Savage Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13 2010, 06:32 AM   #47
Red Ranger
Admiral

Well, I always thought Data could -- Gene Rodenberry did when he created his Data precursor, Questor from The Questor Tapes. If I created a Data spin-off, I would have him and Geordi becoming a 24th century Sherlock Holmes & Watson with a bit of CSI thrown in, owing to their science & engineering backgrounds. They solve the most vexing crimes in the Federation, and wherever else they're needed.

As for who could realistically carry his own series, the Titan idea is intriguing. My idea is Riker is captain of another starship, with Worf as his Number One, on border patrol. It would be a dangerous assignment, protecting the outskirts of Federation territory from brigands and other threats.

"I would make this war as severe as possible, and show no symptoms of tiring till the South begs for mercy." -- William Tecumseh Sherman
Red Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14 2010, 07:07 PM   #48
Whoa Nellie
Fleet Captain

Ensign_Redshirt wrote: View Post
An Indiana Jones-like spinoff starring Picard as an interstellar adventurer and archeologist. Co-Starring: Vash and a hologram of Professor Galen. Recurring: Q.
Love it! It sounds like a lot of fun to me!

Warmest Wishes,
Whoa Nellie
Old March 20 2010, 01:10 PM   #49
Wil has a posse
Fleet Captain

My favorite suggestions thus far are Guinan (because I'd love to know more about her past) and Spot (because he out-acted Spiner in every scene).

Who here remembers the rumors of a Lwaxana Troi series, once upon a time?
Wil has a posse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20 2010, 06:38 PM   #50
Pseudo
Fleet Captain

View Pseudo's Twitter Profile

Wil has a posse wrote: View Post
Who here remembers the rumors of a Lwaxana Troi series, once upon a time?
They'd have to call it Troi's Company.
Pseudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20 2010, 08:33 PM   #51
The Mirrorball Man
Vice Admiral

View The Mirrorball Man's Twitter Profile

In my opinion the only TNG character who's strong enough and distinctive enough that she could theoretically carry her own series is Ro Laren. Not that Michelle Forbes would be interested, of course, but I really don't think that any other character would work on their own.
Old March 22 2010, 11:26 AM   #52
JRS
Fleet Captain

Send a message via Yahoo to JRS

Lor'Vela wrote: View Post
Captain Riker of the USS Titan.
Yep, Riker definetly and since he married Troi, she would be there too Both of the actors would do it in a hearbeat,so it would be cool to see
Though sadly to many in the potential audience they could be consired to be too old to lead a series
"Always give your best, never get discouraged, never be petty; always remember, others may hate you, but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them, and then you destroy yourself " - Richard Nixon
JRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22 2010, 11:32 AM   #53
Red Ranger
Admiral

Lor'Vela wrote: View Post
^ Speaking of one-off characters, what about Captain Jellico? I'm sure that could make out for an interesting series.
Since he's such a tough bastard, I can see Jellico in a Starfleet version of The Dirty Dozen. He's given command of a bunch of reprobates who have one last chance to avoid prison: volunteer for dangerous missions outside Federation territory, or on the border. They'd use a stealth-style starship, painted black, no transponder signal or ID, and kick ass.

"I would make this war as severe as possible, and show no symptoms of tiring till the South begs for mercy." -- William Tecumseh Sherman
Red Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25 2010, 02:03 AM   #54
Jonluck Pickard
Ensign

Finn wrote: View Post
^No. Guinan isn't exactly what they'd look for in a main character for a Trek series. Perhaps a Cheers type show set in the Star Trek Universe at a starbase. But even less people would tune in.

And adding more information about Guinan would ruin the character. She was supposed to be mysterious.
Not to mention the bad acting/scriptwriting...not sure which it was, but I never liked Guinan.
Jonluck Pickard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25 2010, 02:05 AM   #55
Jonluck Pickard
Ensign

TheSeeker wrote: View Post
My vote would be for Star Trek Titan featuring Riker. I would watch that in a heartbeat.
A show featuring Riker would have me watching religiously. Frakes is a strong enough actor to carry the show.
Jonluck Pickard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27 2010, 07:14 AM   #56
Captain Martin
Lieutenant

maneth wrote: View Post
None of them. A new series set at least 20 years post-Nemesis, with perhaps an appearance by Admiral Riker and Admiral Janeway every now and again, as a reward for faithful watchers of other Trek shows.

The Federation should have access to transwarp technology, with the ability to visit the delta and gamma quadrants easily, without resorting to wormholes. A new ship, a new crew, new adventures in the post-Borg delta quadrant and the post-Dominion gamma quadrant.
I really like this idea ... travel to other quadrants is now possible with trans-warp, would make for alot of new possibilities, and set far enough ahead of nemesis, would be a fresh start with new visuals, new technology etc

I also think Frakes is good enough to lead a series as Captain of the Titan though. I think that would be interesting since, although not my fave character from TNG, I always enjoyed the scenes where he was in command and making decisions like in Best of Both worlds, Peak Performance, and a few other notables.

The possibilities are endless
Captain Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27 2010, 09:31 PM   #57
Kirby
Rear Admiral

View Kirby's Twitter Profile

The guys on the Make It So podcast keep bringing up a show called Risa Nights where Riker and Wesley solve crimes and get then with the ladies!
Kirby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28 2010, 06:36 AM   #58
ChadHydro
Lieutenant

Location: The Alpha Quadrant - where all the good parties are
View ChadHydro's Twitter Profile

Ya know, I would agree with everyone else about the USS Titan scenario, BUT I know that what we all really want is a show centered around Troi talking to her patients all day about their feelings. Tell me that is not compelling TV
Old March 28 2010, 08:19 PM   #59
Kirby
Rear Admiral

View Kirby's Twitter Profile

^^^ They could make it kind of a Trek version of the Bob Newhart show. She can be the ship's counselor on a ship with a bunch of crazy people. Reg Barclay can always be there.
Her and Will can have a wacky neighbor, maybe the Titan's helmsman, who is always dropping by to borrow stuff.
Kirby is offline   Reply With Quote