Trek Actor Wins Emmy
By: T'Bonz on Aug 26

Trek Retro Watches
By: T'Bonz on Aug 26

New DS9 eBook To Debut
By: T'Bonz on Aug 25

Trek Ice Cube Maker and Shot Glasses
By: T'Bonz on Aug 25

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Fandom > Fan Productions

Fan Productions Creating our own Trek canon!

Old December 24 2010, 06:21 PM   #376
Sir Rhosis
Commodore

Re: New Star Trek Fan Film

Looks great! Good behind the scenes stuff to maybe include on the DVD...

Sir Rhosis

Read "Origins" at http://www.orionpressfanzines.com/articles/origins.htm
Sir Rhosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 24 2010, 07:12 PM   #377
Potemkin_Prod
Commodore

Thanks!

We could probably do a nine hour blooper reel....
http://www.projectpotemkin.com
Potemkin_Prod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 28 2010, 04:35 AM   #378
Potemkin_Prod
Commodore

From Bill Walker, Producer of "Care for a Lift?"

Not a whole lot of status. I thought I was sick before, but what I have now has knocked me for a loop. And wouldn't you know -- the two times this season I have a break from work, I'm sick as a dog... I should have known better than to go without a flu shot this year...

Nevertheless, two things to report. First, modeling for the first animation is nearly complete, and I should be able to start the render passes tomorrow. The second one is so similar that once the first one is finished, all I have to do is move a couple of things around and start rendering it. If rendering goes quickly, I may still make the year-end deadline.

Second, Tony is nearly done with his first rendition of the music. I should be getting something to listen to in the next couple of days.
We're still hoping to release this episode this week.
Old December 29 2010, 08:31 AM   #379
lennier1
Commodore

Hope he's taking good care of himself. Bill has also already put a lot of work into elements for The Void.
The length of the script for that one also seems like a big step forward.

In the meantime, here's a little teaser to show how the other sets Randy, Bill and I are working on will be different yet still familiar:
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Last edited by lennier1; December 29 2010 at 08:43 AM.
lennier1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 29 2010, 08:29 PM   #380
Potemkin_Prod
Commodore

Pretty sneaky, Lennier. And the actual work will knock everyone's socks off.

Actually, Jon Carling is doing the ship/space SPFX for "The Void." Bill Walker will be animating the sets as he did for "The Old Guys" and "Care for a Lift?" Tom Scott will be doing the green-screen work.

Right now, we're working on scheduling to shoot a vignette in January, possibly the weekend of the 17th, entitled, "Doctor's Orders" wherein we meet our laser-sharp CMO, Dr. Maura Drake, as portrayed by Renda Carr. This vignette will feature Dr. Drake, Mike Delaney (Doug Harper), Mtume (Stephanie Burke) and T'Nabi (Bethany Carver). If we can assemble the cast, we should be able to shoot it within a couple of hours' time. Right now, I'm working on securing a decent camera, microphone, and some lights.

We're hoping that we'll be able to release "Care for a Lift?" this week, and we're hoping Bill gets to feeling better. Tony Lunn is already at work scoring the piece, and we can't wait to hear it.

Tom has received all the DV tapes in good condition, and at last report was uploading their contents for editing. This will be a monumental task for Tom, and we're looking forward to the results. His work on "The Old Guys" was simply phenomenal!

David Eversole and I spent much of this past weekend reworking a few scripts, fleshing out a few others, and completely reworking "Doctor's Orders." While we have ten scripts (three episodes, seven vignettes) for "Season 1", we're already at work on a few vignettes for "Season 2"

Lastly, we're looking for a new security chief. Ours for "The Void" only showed for one day of filming, meaning that a lot of his lines were given to other characters. While it's a great opportunity for lesser characters to shine, we were really surprised and disappointed. If you'd be interested in appearing in Project: Potemkin, and if you are willing to travel to the Albany, Georgia, area for filming, please let me know. We would love to get this situation resolved soon.

Last edited by Potemkin_Prod; December 29 2010 at 11:03 PM. Reason: typio
Old December 30 2010, 04:19 AM   #381
Potemkin_Prod
Commodore

Thanks to biggandyy at Farragut for helping me solve this problem.

Last edited by Potemkin_Prod; December 30 2010 at 05:18 AM.
Old December 30 2010, 04:56 AM   #382
bob reed
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Potemkin_Prod wrote: View Post
Pretty sneaky, Lennier. And the actual work will knock everyone's socks off.

Actually, Jon Carling is doing the ship/space SPFX for "The Void." Bill Walker will be animating the sets as he did for "The Old Guys" and "Care for a Lift?" Tom Scott will be doing the green-screen work.

Right now, we're working on scheduling to shoot a vignette in January, possibly the weekend of the 17th, entitled, "Doctor's Orders" wherein we meet our laser-sharp CMO, Dr. Maura Drake, as portrayed by Renda Carr. This vignette will feature Dr. Drake, Mike Delaney (Doug Harper), Mtume (Stephanie Burke) and T'Nabi (Bethany Carver). If we can assemble the cast, we should be able to shoot it within a couple of hours' time. Right now, I'm working on securing a decent camera, microphone, and some lights.

We're hoping that we'll be able to release "Care for a Lift?" this week, and we're hoping Bill gets to feeling better. Tony Lunn is already at work scoring the piece, and we can't wait to hear it.

Tom has received all the DV tapes in good condition, and at last report was uploading their contents for editing. This will be a monumental task for Tom, and we're looking forward to the results. His work on "The Old Guys" was simply phenomenal!

David Eversole and I spent much of this past weekend reworking a few scripts, fleshing out a few others, and completely reworking "Doctor's Orders." While we have ten scripts (three episodes, seven vignettes) for "Season 1", we're already at work on a few vignettes for "Season 2"

Lastly, we're looking for a new security chief. Ours for "The Void" only showed for one day of filming, meaning that a lot of his lines were given to other characters. While it's a great opportunity for lesser characters to shine, we were really surprised and disappointed. If you'd be interested in appearing in Project: Potemkin, and if you are willing to travel to the Albany, Georgia, area for filming, please let me know. We would love to get this situation resolved soon.
Hey Randy. Why are you guys looking for cameras, lighting and sound gear, did you lose use of the stuff you where using?
bob reed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30 2010, 05:42 AM   #383
Potemkin_Prod
Commodore

bob reed wrote: View Post
Hey Randy. Why are you guys looking for cameras, lighting and sound gear, did you lose use of the stuff you where using?
Oh, heaven's no! We still have access to that equipment, but since it belongs to a local institute, we don't want to take advantage of their good graces. We're already in the process of scheduling to shoot our 2nd episode ("The Night that the Stars Fell from the Sky") in April using that equipment.

But we want to use some other equipment available to us to experiment with in our vignettes. These short little films are going to be opportunities for us to try things. Like our green screen set that Lennier has designed for us. Like different lighting. Like different sound equipment. Different cameras. Even different directors.

Sorry to have given anyone the wrong idea about our sweet camera, lights and sound equipment!

Last edited by Potemkin_Prod; December 30 2010 at 05:54 AM.
Old December 31 2010, 07:08 PM   #384
Potemkin_Prod
Commodore

It's official!

On January 15th, from 1pm - 4pm, Project: Potemkin will be filming "Doctor's Orders" on our bridge set. In "Doctor's Orders" we will meet our laser-sharp CMO, Dr. Maura Drake, as portrayed by Renda Carr. This vignette will feature Dr. Drake, Mike Delaney (Doug Harper), Mtume (Stephanie Burke) and T'Nabi (Bethany Carver). This video will be shot by Renda's husband, Tim, using his own equipment.

If you would like to visit the set during filming, be sure and contact Ricky Thompson to schedule.

We wish everyone a Happy New Year!
Old December 31 2010, 07:18 PM   #385
Potemkin_Prod
Commodore

And here's Doug Harper in an outtake from "The Void" -- Doug's character is also heavily featured in this vignette:

Last edited by Potemkin_Prod; December 31 2010 at 07:27 PM. Reason: picture was toooooooooo big
Old January 1 2011, 03:23 AM   #386
Potemkin_Prod
Commodore

Just heard from Bill Walker this evening. "Care for a Lift?" should be ready for viewing either Monday or Tuesday. We'll keep everyone posted.
Old January 1 2011, 04:19 AM   #387
Maurice
Vice Admiral

What problem was that?
—Glen Larson, 2010
Maurice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 1 2011, 04:49 AM   #388
Potemkin_Prod
Commodore

The image when originally posted was twice that size. Biggandyy told me to upload it to Photobucket and that would fix it. It did.

And even though the actors in this shot are discussing/practicing their lines, you get a good idea of the composition of the shot.
Old January 2 2011, 06:28 AM   #389
Potemkin_Prod
Commodore

Heard from Bill Walker today. "Care for a Lift?" will probably be uploaded Monday or Tuesday. Sorry for the delays, but real life concerns tend to come first.
Old January 2 2011, 06:57 AM   #390
Maurice
Vice Admiral

DS9Sega wrote: View Post

What problem was that?
The image when originally posted was twice that size. Biggandyy told me to upload it to Photobucket and that would fix it. It did.

And even though the actors in this shot are discussing/practicing their lines, you get a good idea of the composition of the shot.
Hmmm...I'd be careful about getting actors' faces so close to the edges of the frame. This particular framing feels like the edges have been chopped off. It's certainly not "TV safe".
—Glen Larson, 2010
Maurice is offline   Reply With Quote