New figures for 2010 including a look at 11th Doctor

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by Samurai8472, Jan 7, 2010.

1. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

Hey Demonland, is it possible for you to print out or scan the Eleventh Doctor's TARDIS interior?

2. Winterwind

Winterwind Commodore Commodore

From what I've been reading and seeing on other forums, CO has not only gotten cheaper but they've essentially abandoned any QC.

The Silver Nemesis Cybermen have serious defects in their chest pieces (the pictures are so horrid they should be ashamed of packaging and selling them). The 11 Doctors sets are reported to be very poorly painted and it's apparently 50/50 whether you get a McGann with proper legs or uneven in length.

As for the Tardis, it seems now, on any of them, the only thing that lights up is the lantern on the roof.

If this continues, my collecting days are definitely drawing to a close.

3. The

The Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

^Well, there's not a lot of "essential" Doctor Who characters they could still make, save maybe some Masters...

4. Winterwind

Depends on your definition of "essentials". To me, it's the Doctors, Daleks, Cybermen, companions and... well, maybe Sontarans. So really, with my soon to arrive 11 Doctors set, I'm set. Unless of course they release classic companions. And then I'd be in trouble. The kid in me will definitely want them, the adult in me, the one that will be living with my girlfriend in our first house when we take possession next month... well, I'd have to resort to hiding any new figures from the Mrs. She's already assured me that any figures that leave my den will be promptly melted into lumps of multi-coloured plastic. :(

And I just noticed that Eleven's FC Tardis is bigger than Nine/Ten's.

5. Demonland

Demonland Commodore Commodore

Technically the 11th TARDIS is screen accurate by not showing the console as that is what you would see from that perspective. Having said that I think it is the fault of the show design team that you can't see the console. Also in the classic series you never could see the console from the outside and if I were being screen accurate with my above photo I would have a black card insert.

You are correct in that the new TARDIS does not light up like 10s which is a shame. The light on the top does but not the windows. Looks like the went down the cheaper route. Other than that it does look beautiful.

6. Demonland

Are you talking about the one that's in the TARDIS in my photo? If so it's stuck in there as it came with the TARDIS like 10s. The other classic TARDISs are print outs that I stuck in.

7. Demonland

The Quality Control issues are seriously worrying. I've noticed a significant decline in the quality of the paint jobs as well as stiff or loose limbs. Some of the pictures of the Silver Nemesis Cybermen are atrocious and very worrying for a limited release and high priced figure. Also I have heard reports of terrible paint jobs on the 11 Doctors sets. Luckily mine are perfect. My McGann had one leg longer (began lower down) than the other but it was easily fixed but that is a huge QC issue. Also there are reports that alot of the 11s in that set are bow legged. Not great when you are paying a premium for some of the figures.

8. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

Are you sure that isn't intentional? Smith is a tad bandy legged after all!

9. Demonland

Could be but then my figure is the one that is not quite right. ;)

Last edited: Jul 26, 2010
  10. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

ha ha, quick bend the legs!

11. Winterwind

I had to do a repair on the Smith Doctor I got in the Crash set. One of the lower legs was only attached by one joint at the knee so I had to do use the boil and pop method to put it through the socket. However that had the bizarre result of removing the shiny finish on one of his boots. So one is now a flat black and the other shiny. And of course, I haven't been able to remove the shine on the other to make them match.

I'm really hoping that my SN Cybs and my 11 Doctors are relatively free of defects.

12. barnaclelapse

barnaclelapse Commodore Commodore

Action figures is one of those things I always mean to get into collecting some day. I have a few, but it hasn't been one of my weird, little obsessions since I was about ten.

13. Worf2DS9

Worf2DS9 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

^ Essentially the same with me...until I came here and the collecting joy of this lot quickly spread to me. Aside from the TARDIS coin bank I've had for a few years, I've gone from 0 figures to 14 in less than a year. Oh, and plus the two I have on pre-order. Peer pressure, I tells ya! :lol:

14. Chris3123

Chris3123 Vice Admiral Admiral

Just ordered an 11 Doctors set. I went to Mike's Comics, but they were temporarily sold out, but I emailed the order anyway. Then I did a quick Google search, in the off chance someone else had it in stock, at about the same price. And lo and behold, JRS Toyworld had a "Non Mint Box" version for only $84.99, $15 less than the regular price (and a couple bucks cheaper than at Mike's). Needless to say I canceled my Mike's order and added the 11 Set to my JRS cart. I noticed they also had 11's FC TARDIS in stock at a good price, so I went ahead and added that to. :techman:

I'll report on the quality of my 11 set when it arrives.

15. P0sitr0nic

P0sitr0nic Vice Admiral Admiral

Bought myself a 11th Doc pink shirt figure off Ebay, looking to get an Amy asap. The Tardis is a little pricy, but i may go for it eventually.

16. Demonland

The Amy figure looks great. I haven't purchased it yet but the sick man that lives inside my head wants to know what's under her skirt. That's so wrong on so many levels!

17. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

As Moffat once wrote...you're a disgustoid!

(psst, can you tell us when you find out what's up there?)

18. Classic Fan

Classic Fan Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

:techman: Cool. Wish i could get my hands on one, but i can afford it as, like you, me and my missus have just bought a house and money is scarce for the next few months. Besides, i have three Tens, three Elevens (regen suit and crash set, and a boxed crash set with the blue bow tie.:p), a Four and a Five and a Nine with auton arm, plastic bomb and mickey head.

So, my collection is mounting up slowly. i have a Nine/ten tardis too.

Seriously, it'd be a great addition to the collection. He could have a fez, a mop, a soft drink cup and the sonic. :techman:

You listenin', Character?

I just hope they dont make a limited run and have them only available in America, that sucks. Just like the Time Crash sets for comic rellief. The country that starts it all doesnt get the good stuff.:(

LOL. Just like us. Weve just bought a house as i mentioned, and i have the small attic conversion for all my stuff ranging from toys i played with in the 80s (vintage kenner stuff:cool:) to what i bought last month, Elevens sonic. :techman:

They are not permitted to leave the loft room, if they do, she said she'll hide them until i find them. :lol:

19. P0sitr0nic

P0sitr0nic Vice Admiral Admiral

Oh ive seen the Amy.. i just gotta wait a paycheck. For now, shes the girl that has to wait.

20. OmahaStar

OmahaStar Disrespectful of his betters Admiral

You are so wrong for that!