Beam Me Up Scotty Figurines
By: T'Bonz on Jul 30

UK Auction To Feature Spock Costume
By: T'Bonz on Jul 30

Pine To Star In Wonder Woman
By: T'Bonz on Jul 29

Pegg Teases Elba Character
By: T'Bonz on Jul 29

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Doctor Who

Doctor Who "Bigger on the inside..."

Old July 27 2010, 09:06 PM   #181
The
Rear Admiral

View The's Twitter Profile
Re: New figures for 2010 including a look at 11th Doctor

Old July 27 2010, 11:08 PM   #182
Josan
Commodore

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Josan

Demonland wrote: View Post

The Quality Control issues are seriously worrying. I've noticed a significant decline in the quality of the paint jobs as well as stiff or loose limbs. Some of the pictures of the Silver Nemesis Cybermen are atrocious and very worrying for a limited release and high priced figure. Also I have heard reports of terrible paint jobs on the 11 Doctors sets. Luckily mine are perfect. My McGann had one leg longer (began lower down) than the other but it was easily fixed but that is a huge QC issue. Also there are reports that alot of the 11s in that set are bow legged. Not great when you are paying a premium for some of the figures.
Well, got my sets today. My SN Cybs are fine which is a relief. As for my 11 Doctors set...

The paint jobs on all of them are rather spotty. Actually, the only one with a decent paint job is the 8th. Poor Colin's jacket... the yellow lapel side looks like someone spilt soup on him. It's all bubbly and blech.

The 10th looks kinda cool with the specs but he'd look better it they'd had been centred. And thankfully, I already have a decent 11th Doctor because the legs on this one are horrid.

As for the 8th, I unfortunately got one of the wonky ones. The one leg does indeed sit lower in the socket. I'd heard all you need to do is give it a good push up but that hasn't done the trick. Is that what you did, Demonland?
Nationalism, brotherhood, 'pop' culture and puppy love
Josan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28 2010, 02:30 PM   #183
Demonland
Commodore

Josan wrote: View Post

Well, got my sets today. My SN Cybs are fine which is a relief. As for my 11 Doctors set...

The paint jobs on all of them are rather spotty. Actually, the only one with a decent paint job is the 8th. Poor Colin's jacket... the yellow lapel side looks like someone spilt soup on him. It's all bubbly and blech.

The 10th looks kinda cool with the specs but he'd look better it they'd had been centred. And thankfully, I already have a decent 11th Doctor because the legs on this one are horrid.

As for the 8th, I unfortunately got one of the wonky ones. The one leg does indeed sit lower in the socket. I'd heard all you need to do is give it a good push up but that hasn't done the trick. Is that what you did, Demonland?
That's a shame that you got a dodgy set. The only faults in mine were that half of 7s scarf only had no pattern painted on it and McGann's dodgy leg.

I held the top half of the figure in one had whilst push the "longer" leg up. It seems to have done the trick. I was worried about snapping the leg because I was pushing quite hard so be careful.

I'm really sweating the delivery of my SN Cybies. I hope they are battle damage free. That's the problem with having to shop online for figures you don't get to inspect the merchandise to ensure the best available.
Daleks do not accept apologies - Dalek Handbook Rule #31
Demonland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28 2010, 03:45 PM   #184
Josan
Commodore

That is indeed the problem with having to order online. However, there was an even bigger flaw in a figure in the set my friend got (ordered two, one was for him). The Second Doctor has a massive gap at the waist between the shirt and pants, such that you can see the peg joining the two halves. Pushing it into place is no option because it was an uneven cut. At the back, hidden by the coat where it doesn't matter, it fits but not at the front.
Old July 28 2010, 05:52 PM   #185
Worf2DS9
Writer

^ Wow, that's just disgraceful.

I pre-ordered Amy & the Ironside Dalek from Mike's some time ago, so I'm looking forward to getting those whenever they ship.
+ Full Throttle Space Tales #3: Space Grunts - "Rush"
Worf2DS9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 29 2010, 02:41 PM   #186
barnaclelapse
Commodore

Send a message via AIM to barnaclelapse

Worf2DS9 wrote: View Post
^ Essentially the same with me...until I came here and the collecting joy of this lot quickly spread to me. Aside from the TARDIS coin bank I've had for a few years, I've gone from 0 figures to 14 in less than a year. Oh, and plus the two I have on pre-order. Peer pressure, I tells ya!
At least you're not like me and Kirby dolls. I probably have twenty or thirty of those little pink bastards.
barnaclelapse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 29 2010, 03:18 PM   #187
Shazam!
Rear Admiral

However, there was an even bigger flaw in a figure in the set my friend got (ordered two, one was for him)
*Receives two sets. Quickly scans the pair. Notices flaw. Hand that set to friend. "Here, this one's yours"*
Shazam! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 29 2010, 03:42 PM   #188
Josan
Commodore

Shazam! wrote: View Post
However, there was an even bigger flaw in a figure in the set my friend got (ordered two, one was for him)
*Receives two sets. Quickly scans the pair. Notices flaw. Hand that set to friend. "Here, this one's yours"*
Damn right I did. He can't get a credit card, so I order his figures for him and most of the time he tries to pay me via barter instead of cash. In fact, now that I think about it, he still owes me for one so... *shrugs*
Old July 31 2010, 12:30 AM   #189
Chris3123
Vice Admiral

Ok, my 11 Set and (FC TARDIS) arrived today. I got 8's long leg, though I was able to pretty much fix it. I also got 11's wonky bow-leggedness, though he can still stand on his own, and unless I'm close up to it it's not that noticeable. I already have an 11 from the crash set, anyway. I also noticed a loose joint on 11, but as long as the arm stays on it doesn't bother me much.

The other nine look ok, no noticeable paint screw-ups or other oddities, though I haven't taken them out yet.

Overall, my set is ok, considering.
Chris3123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 31 2010, 05:52 AM   #190
The
Rear Admiral

I won a "serious" McCoy and the Paul McGann figures on eBay, thus not having to buy the entire Eleven Doctors set. Thus, completing my set of Doctors. FINALLY! Only a dream I've had since I was ten years old (having all the Doctors as "action figures").

Just ordered the 5th Doctor/Master pack, as well as the Davison Regen outfit figure (with the removable scarf). I'll be excited to check those out...
Old July 31 2010, 06:17 AM   #191
Demonland
Commodore

^ I agree. This Doctors set has come over 25 years too late. What I would have given for even one Doctor action figure when I was eight.
Daleks do not accept apologies - Dalek Handbook Rule #31
Demonland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 31 2010, 03:16 PM   #192
The
Rear Admiral

God YES! I mean, it was bad enough that the Star Wars rebellion would always have to team-up with G.I.Joe, and the gods who lived in the mountains (He-Man and the Masters of the Universe) to try and raid the Death Star against The Empire and their current partners, Cobra (who incidentally were getting help from Skeletor and his black magic). But, if The Doctor had been available? There's no way those baddies could have stopped 'The Oncoming Storm'...
Old July 31 2010, 03:23 PM   #193
P0sitr0nic
Vice Admiral

Send a message via AIM to P0sitr0nic

The wrote: View Post
God YES! I mean, it was bad enough that the Star Wars rebellion would always have to team-up with G.I.Joe, and the gods who lived in the mountains (He-Man and the Masters of the Universe) to try and raid the Death Star against The Empire and their current partners, Cobra (who incidentally were getting help from Skeletor and his black magic). But, if The Doctor had been available? There's no way those baddies could have stopped 'The Oncoming Storm'...

So dang true!
Old July 31 2010, 05:03 PM   #194
The
Rear Admiral

Welcome aboard!
Old August 7 2010, 01:22 AM   #195
P0sitr0nic
Vice Admiral

Send a message via AIM to P0sitr0nic

Just got my 11th doctor figure, glad to say its spot on, no defects. Now i need an Amy...