Saldana In The Book of Life
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

Cracked’s New Sci-Fi Satire
By: T'Bonz on Oct 16

Beltran Introduces Shakespeare To Theater Group

Burton To Be Honored at Facets Boo! Bash

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old January 6 2010, 05:44 AM   #46
Lord Garth

Re: Earth: The Final Conflict -- is it any good?

I'm in the middle of watching "Miracle" and I had to hit pause. That took a sharp turn. First I thought it was going to be a small story type of episode, then Julie called Da'an a God. Wow. Didn't see that one coming...

On to the rest of "Miracle".

EDIT (pause again):

"You actually slaughter each other over questions of the spirit." Da'an's line reminds me of Q's "400 years before that you were mudering each other over tribal God images." I like the way Da'an puts it better.

Da'an is turning out to be my favorite character.

Last edited by Lord Garth; January 6 2010 at 05:57 AM.
Old January 6 2010, 05:49 AM   #47
Broccoli
Vice Admiral

^ Just wait until you get to the episode where Boone, Sandoval, and Da'an all dress in drag, so they can sneak into a women's prison in order to help a wrongly incarcerated Lili break out.

Wait...that may not have happened...
Old January 6 2010, 06:03 AM   #48
GalaxyX
Rear Admiral

Lord Garth wrote: View Post
I'm in the middle of watching "Miracle" and I had to hit pause. That took a sharp turn. First I thought it was going to be a small story type of episode, then Julie called Da'an a God. Wow. Didn't see that one coming...

On to the rest of "Miracle".

EDIT (pause again):

"You actually slaughter each other over questions of the spirit." Da'an's line reminds me of Q's "400 years before that you were mudering other over tribal God images." I like the way Da'an puts it better.

Da'an is turning out to be my favorite character.
That episode was a classic. It's too bad the girl didn't get to keep her miracle, but it played great into the story (basically showing the Taelons were not gods, and their technology, while far more advanced, was still fallible).

A long time ago someone pointed me to a website where the S1 storyline continued in written episodes (ignoring S2-S5 completely as should have been done).

On a side note about E:FC. I actually happened to be walking by the filmset when Robert Leeshock was there, relaxing on a chair talking to someone else. I wanted to go up and meet him, but I wasn't sure I could say anything nice (buddy, they killed my favorite character in the show and replaced him with YOU!!)

And on a side note about Andromeda, I actually passed by the trailer of Laura Bertram, who played "Trance" on the show (they were filming this old Canadian Teen show in which she was a main character). I am exactly the same age as her, and I think I was 15 at the time. It was after school and I guess they were filming that evening. I took a peek into the trailer and saw her sitting down, I'm guessing reading over her lines? I didn't have the balls to say hi, partly because I didn't want to interrupt her, and partly because I was embarrased. In hindsight I should have tried, she could have been my wife today lol
Old January 6 2010, 06:38 AM   #49
Lord Garth

This series -- or at least this season -- is the best utilization of the Roddenberry philosophy I've ever seen. It wasn't fully formed yet in TOS. In early-TNG there were Roddenberry Humans versus Obtuse Enemies. From mid-TNG on, it seemed the only way Star Trek would incorporate Roddenberrianism was to put it up against other aliens. It always seemed like it was difficult.

Here, on E:FC, it realistically portrays that some in the human race would embrace the Roddenberry ideals while others wouldn't, and the Thaelons were left to be completely alien instead of the personification of modern humanity's negative traits, the way Star Trek aliens were.
Old January 6 2010, 06:57 AM   #50
Lindley
Moderator with a Soul

GalaxyX wrote: View Post
A long time ago someone pointed me to a website where the S1 storyline continued in written episodes (ignoring S2-S5 completely as should have been done).
http://efc.scifiminds.net/

It doesn't ignore S2-S5 *entirely*. Characters from those seasons do make appearances, including an adult Liam Kincaid, but their role in the story is a bit different.

Unfortunately their initial momentum was lost after a few months, and now it's been quite a while since they posted any new episodes.

The website is also host to a "Virtual Fifth Season" for those of us who feel that S5 is the only year which was really unsalvageable, but it has even fewer episodes available.
Lindley is offline   Reply With Quote