RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 141,452
Posts: 5,508,428
Members: 25,132
Currently online: 534
Newest member: Commander Balok

TrekToday headlines

TV Alert: Pine On Tonight Show
By: T'Bonz on Dec 22

Retro Review: The Emperor’s New Cloak
By: Michelle on Dec 20

Star Trek Opera
By: T'Bonz on Dec 19

New Abrams Project
By: T'Bonz on Dec 18

IDW Publishing March 2015 Comics
By: T'Bonz on Dec 17

Paramount Star Trek 3 Expectations
By: T'Bonz on Dec 17

Star Trek #39 Sneak Peek
By: T'Bonz on Dec 16

Star Trek 3 Potential Director Shortlist
By: T'Bonz on Dec 16

Official Starships Collection Update
By: T'Bonz on Dec 15

Retro Review: Prodigal Daughter
By: Michelle on Dec 13


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Fandom > Fan Art

Fan Art Post your Trek fan art here, including hobby models and collectibles.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old December 31 2009, 03:07 AM   #1
Dusty Ayres
Commodore
 
Location: ANS Yamato, Sector 5, Sol System
Proof that Star Trek and anime/manga go great together..

This young lady's got some great concepts for Star Trek: *Glee-chan's Star Trek Gallery
Dusty Ayres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31 2009, 03:30 AM   #2
doctorwho 03
Captain
 
doctorwho 03's Avatar
 
Location: In my TARDIS
Re: Proof that Star Trek and anime/manga go great together..

Not bad. Might make an interesting series.
__________________
Logic merely enables one to be wrong with authority. - Patrick Troughton "Doctor Who: The Wheel in Space"

Visit my Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/doctorwho03
doctorwho 03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31 2009, 08:07 AM   #3
Kaiser
Rear Admiral
 
Kaiser's Avatar
 
Location: Boyertown, PA as of July 2011
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kaiser Send a message via Yahoo to Kaiser
Re: Proof that Star Trek and anime/manga go great together..

I agree Star Trek and Anime/Manga go together like PB/J sandwhichs
__________________
https://www.facebook.com/groups/112860258811333/ For all your Sci-fi ship model and mini goodness 3DS Friend code: 0731-4800-6817
Kaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31 2009, 07:57 PM   #4
judge alba
senior street judge
 
judge alba's Avatar
 
Location: mega city 1
Re: Proof that Star Trek and anime/manga go great together..

very nice
__________________
Swift as the wind.
Gentle as a forest.
Fierce as fire.
Firm as a mountain.
Strike as powerful as thunder.
judge alba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 1 2010, 08:15 AM   #5
therealfoxbat
Commander
 
therealfoxbat's Avatar
 
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Re: Proof that Star Trek and anime/manga go great together..

Star Trek and anime/manga would go great together...

Just watch out for the alien villains with tentacles...
__________________
TASTE MY SQUIRRELLY WRATH!!!

I really DO have a squirrelly wrath, you know...
therealfoxbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 1 2010, 03:01 PM   #6
Patrickivan
Fleet Captain
 
Patrickivan's Avatar
 
Location: Ontario, Canada
Re: Proof that Star Trek and anime/manga go great together..

Ya- except for the pics of most of the "women" who look like little girls. Especially the one where the "woman" is touching the other "woman's" underware is bordering on pedophilia... Because the fucker who drew it made them look like little girls.
__________________
http://patrickivan.wordpress.com/page/2/

40 Years and ticking. Damn, that's too old fashioned.
40 years and still processing!
Patrickivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2 2010, 07:06 AM   #7
MauriceNavidad
Vice Admiral
 
MauriceNavidad's Avatar
 
Location: Maurice in San Francisco
View MauriceNavidad's Twitter Profile
Re: Proof that Star Trek and anime/manga go great together..

I wouldn't call that proof. It's pretty flat and generic.
__________________
* * *
“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.”
― Winston S. Churchill
MauriceNavidad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 2 2010, 02:24 PM   #8
The Axeman
Commodore
 
The Axeman's Avatar
 
Location: Central Scotland
Re: Proof that Star Trek and anime/manga go great together..

Welcome to the wacky world of Manga. I dont think she's a kiddie toucher because she draws in the long established anime style. I'm not sure it sits well with Trek though, as with most anime it seems more concerned with showing flashes of cute chics panties than with much else. I'm not saying I dont like it, just that it's not really in line with serious galactic exploration and defence. The girl that draws these just happens to be a hot young asian girl herself, in case no one looked at her pictures section.
__________________
Come to www.kennyscrap.com for all your crummy 3D model needs.
The Axeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3 2010, 03:54 AM   #9
AmbassadorKosh
Lieutenant
 
Re: Proof that Star Trek and anime/manga go great together..

The Axeman wrote: View Post
Welcome to the wacky world of Manga. I dont think she's a kiddie toucher because she draws in the long established anime style. I'm not sure it sits well with Trek though, as with most anime it seems more concerned with showing flashes of cute chics panties than with much else. I'm not saying I dont like it, just that it's not really in line with serious galactic exploration and defence. The girl that draws these just happens to be a hot young asian girl herself, in case no one looked at her pictures section.
Have you watched very much anime? The "pantsu" catagory of anime is only a very small part of the world of anime. If you want some great anime series to watch, try Legend of Galactic Heroes, Crest/Banner of the Stars, Space Battleship Yamato, Captain Harlock (he gives Jim Kirk a run for the most awesome captain title), any of the Macross franchise; save for Macross Frontier or any of the UC timeline Gundam series, if your into mecha. these are all great series with little or no panty action and great plots, particularly Legend of Galactic heroes.
AmbassadorKosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3 2010, 09:25 PM   #10
The Axeman
Commodore
 
The Axeman's Avatar
 
Location: Central Scotland
Re: Proof that Star Trek and anime/manga go great together..

I have the Macross box set, some Appleseed and am trying to get a hold of the latest Yamato. I grew up with 'Battle of the Planets' (called something else everywhere else) blowing everything else out of the water in terms of future design and plot. I've never heard the 'pantsu' term though, but she's definitely closer to that big eye/small mouth stuff than your average mech fest.
__________________
Come to www.kennyscrap.com for all your crummy 3D model needs.
The Axeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4 2010, 02:11 AM   #11
Dusty Ayres
Commodore
 
Location: ANS Yamato, Sector 5, Sol System
Re: Proof that Star Trek and anime/manga go great together..

Patrickivan wrote: View Post
Ya- except for the pics of most of the "women" who look like little girls. Especially the one where the "woman" is touching the other "woman's" underware is bordering on pedophilia... Because the fucker who drew it made them look like little girls.
Considering all of the 'pantsu' that went on in TOS, and the flash of pantsu in the movie (Kirk & Uhura), I wouldn't be bitching too much about anime doing it.

I would suggest that Star Trek become anime, or have something to do with anime as soon as possible, just to get young people like this artist; most of us aren't getting any younger, and if this is to be kept a viable franchise, it needs new blood-which anime/manga fandom has in spades.
Dusty Ayres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4 2010, 04:00 AM   #12
The Axeman
Commodore
 
The Axeman's Avatar
 
Location: Central Scotland
Re: Proof that Star Trek and anime/manga go great together..

I'm all for new fans coming into scifi in general and Trek in particular. I watched the Flare forums and a couple of other Trek places wither away to almost nothing through lack of interest, then when the new movie came along they proceeded to shoot themselves in the foot by denying its existence and abusing anyone who watched it. A new set of fans and renewed interest in the originals can only be good, no matter what you think of the JJ movie. If anime helps, so be it. I just hope it's not in the cutesy style is all.
__________________
Come to www.kennyscrap.com for all your crummy 3D model needs.
The Axeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4 2010, 04:42 AM   #13
AmbassadorKosh
Lieutenant
 
Re: Proof that Star Trek and anime/manga go great together..

The Axeman wrote: View Post
I have the Macross box set, some Appleseed and am trying to get a hold of the latest Yamato. I grew up with 'Battle of the Planets' (called something else everywhere else) blowing everything else out of the water in terms of future design and plot. I've never heard the 'pantsu' term though, but she's definitely closer to that big eye/small mouth stuff than your average mech fest.
Pantsu is the Japanese word for panties. Battle of the Planets was called G-Force on the TV station that aired it where I grew up and your right, it was miles ahead of the American cartoons of its day. If you get the chance find the original un-Americanized series, the original title is Super Science Ninja Team Gatchaman, it blows the American version away and is significantly different in many details. I always wanted to see ST:TAS redone by Shoji Kawamori and Studio Nu, but that won't probably ever happen and I can't really see any anime studio getting the rights to do a Star Trek anime. Nice to imagine though.
AmbassadorKosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4 2010, 06:25 AM   #14
The Castellan
Commodore
 
The Castellan's Avatar
 
Location: The Plains of Cydonia
Send a message via Yahoo to The Castellan
Re: Proof that Star Trek and anime/manga go great together..

Patrickivan wrote: View Post
Ya- except for the pics of most of the "women" who look like little girls. Especially the one where the "woman" is touching the other "woman's" underware is bordering on pedophilia... Because the fucker who drew it made them look like little girls.
-Mr. Lucas voice- Glass of water for Patrickivan.

This stuff is awesome, The Castellan approves!

I'm liking the Tamura drawing.
and the Janeway Grope

Annnnnnd.......
http://glee-chan.deviantart.com/art/NCC-1507-148585027
-Eric Idol voice- New and improved NCC-1507 is a sleek, sexy import, with turbo handling!
The Castellan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4 2010, 06:32 AM   #15
The Castellan
Commodore
 
The Castellan's Avatar
 
Location: The Plains of Cydonia
Send a message via Yahoo to The Castellan
Re: Proof that Star Trek and anime/manga go great together..

AmbassadorKosh wrote: View Post
The Axeman wrote: View Post
I have the Macross box set, some Appleseed and am trying to get a hold of the latest Yamato. I grew up with 'Battle of the Planets' (called something else everywhere else) blowing everything else out of the water in terms of future design and plot. I've never heard the 'pantsu' term though, but she's definitely closer to that big eye/small mouth stuff than your average mech fest.
Pantsu is the Japanese word for panties. Battle of the Planets was called G-Force on the TV station that aired it where I grew up and your right, it was miles ahead of the American cartoons of its day. If you get the chance find the original un-Americanized series, the original title is Super Science Ninja Team Gatchaman, it blows the American version away and is significantly different in many details. I always wanted to see ST:TAS redone by Shoji Kawamori and Studio Nu, but that won't probably ever happen and I can't really see any anime studio getting the rights to do a Star Trek anime. Nice to imagine though.
I'm sure we might see some snipets....like the guy who did that KICKASS anime of Dr. Who with the 3rd Doctor. Daleks in anime form looked slick.
The Castellan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
anime, fan art, manga, star trek

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:24 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.