Saldana In The Book of Life
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

Cracked’s New Sci-Fi Satire
By: T'Bonz on Oct 16

Beltran Introduces Shakespeare To Theater Group

Burton To Be Honored at Facets Boo! Bash

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

View Poll Results: How do you grade Stop-Loss & The Attic: Dollhouse 2x9/2x10??
EXCELLENT 26 74.29%
ABOVE AVERAGE 8 22.86%
AVERAGE 1 2.86%
BELOW AVERAGE 0 0%
POOR 0 0%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Old December 20 2009, 04:01 AM   #31
Captain Craig
Vice Admiral

Re: Dollhouse: ep 2x9/2x10-Stop Loss&The Attic Grading,Comments SPOIL

EXCELLENT!!!

While Stop/Loss was Above Average flirting with excellence The Attic nailed it.
I didn't see the twist coming of the Attic actually being the secret power of Rossum. I got a 'Matrix' vibe when it was all being explained.

"I've run the scenarios and all but 3% end in an apocolyptic, civilization destroying scenario"

This show is going to be found on DVD by sci-fi fans in the months ahead and wonder why they didn't DVR it or watch it outright. This show is quickly adding fuel to the "cult hit" status maker.
Captain Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 20 2009, 04:53 AM   #32
StarshipDefiant
Captain

Captain Craig wrote: View Post
EXCELLENT!!!

I didn't see the twist coming of the Attic actually being the secret power of Rossum. I got a 'Matrix' vibe when it was all being explained.

"I've run the scenarios and all but 3% end in an apocolyptic, civilization destroying scenario"

This show is going to be found on DVD by sci-fi fans in the months ahead and wonder why they didn't DVR it or watch it outright. This show is quickly adding fuel to the "cult hit" status maker.
I agree, and must wonder if the show would have been better off to start showing some of these realizations within season one, with some of the elements in this episode slowly building up to something much bigger at this point in season 2.
StarshipDefiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 20 2009, 02:04 PM   #33
Ayelbourne
Fleet Captain

One thing I really like about these current episodes is that they help elevate all those boring "engagement of the week"-standalones from the beginnings of both seasons and make them more meaningful.

Like, when last week, Echo jumped back and forth between the assasin from "Man on the Streets" and Taffy(?) from episode three.

Or this week, when she combined Elennor Penn and Roma Klar.

Although those standalones weren't exactly the shining moments of the show, at least this way they contribute to the main arc.
Ayelbourne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 20 2009, 03:29 PM   #34
Chaos Descending
Vice Admiral

Why do people keep spelling "Victor" with a "k", as "Viktor"?

Minor annoyance. Sorry!
Old December 20 2009, 05:49 PM   #35
Dead Possum
An Ex-Awesome Possum

View Dead Possum's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to Dead Possum Send a message via AIM to Dead Possum

StarshipDefiant wrote: View Post
Captain Craig wrote: View Post
EXCELLENT!!!

I agree, and must wonder if the show would have been better off to start showing some of these realizations within season one, with some of the elements in this episode slowly building up to something much bigger at this point in season 2.
They did seem to be building to Epitaph One towards the end of the first season. The one where Echo was imprinted with the dead woman stands out, especially for Boyd's comment about what this could lead to.
Old December 20 2009, 07:52 PM   #36
David cgc
Vice Admiral

You know, when Clyde let slip that his buddy might've been a woman, and Cylde 2.0 might've switched bodies, I started to think maybe DeWitt was the founder, and Cylde 2.0 was Topher. That seems to have been discounted by the revelation that DeWitt is still on the side of the angels, but there's definitely something to preview of the uber-bitch and her science-nerd lackey.

Maybe they just intentionally set up that dynamic at every Dollhouse.
Old December 20 2009, 07:58 PM   #37
Chaos Descending
Vice Admiral

Clyde 2.0 is probably Bennett (River Tam... errrrr... Summer Glau).
Old December 21 2009, 02:17 AM   #38
Dead Possum
An Ex-Awesome Possum

View Dead Possum's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to Dead Possum Send a message via AIM to Dead Possum

David cgc wrote: View Post
You know, when Clyde let slip that his buddy might've been a woman, and Cylde 2.0 might've switched bodies, I started to think maybe DeWitt was the founder, and Cylde 2.0 was Topher. That seems to have been discounted by the revelation that DeWitt is still on the side of the angels, but there's definitely something to preview of the uber-bitch and her science-nerd lackey.

Maybe they just intentionally set up that dynamic at every Dollhouse.
Neither have the Active architecture since the Disruptor didn't bother them.

Although I wouldn't be surprised if Harding was Clyde 2.0.
Old December 21 2009, 02:50 AM   #39
Snaploud
Admiral

I think we've already had indications that Topher, Bennett and Adelle aren't dolls, but the writers could always add something about Clyde 2.0 being different from all the other dolls (not susceptible to the Disruptor, for instance).
Snaploud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21 2009, 03:07 AM   #40
StarshipDefiant
Captain

Harding probably is either Clyde 2.0 as he's around a lot or the actual original founder with Clive Ambrose or whatever being 2.0, I don't know quite yet. Whoever it is though, we most likely have already seen who the co-founder and Clyde 2.0 is, even if it's not so obvious.

I also wonder what's going on between Topher and Ivy (His assistant/gofer), she seemed rather spiteful of him, could that be a part of 'the plan' or what she learned of him? If it's the latter, would she figure out it was to help someone and ease up on him, or does she now hate him forever? I also like how she's gotten more screen time in the last couple episodes, and hope she gets a little more before the final episode airs.

Just a random note for anyone that doesn't know, and might be interested, they've finished filming for the series and held the wrap party Friday night.
Old December 21 2009, 03:07 AM   #41
David cgc
Vice Admiral

Christmas Jewel wrote: View Post
And the crazy-gas before that in the university episode. Still, there's more than one way to skin a cat. It could be that it's possible (but difficult) to imprint someone who hasn't been prepared, even before Topher made his robo-call apocalypse device. If it takes a month to imprint an unmodified person, you won't bother for an Active you have to imprint and wipe every other day, or even on a mole in the U.S. Government, but for a permanent body-swap, leaving no tell-tales? That might be worth it.

By the way, what was with that plastic mask thing they used in D.C. for imprinting? I assumed at first that it was just a matter of all the houses having custom-built equipment (I doubt there's a catalogue for that sort of thing), but then Topher used one after the three month timejump, so I assumed it was some incremental advancement Bennet made, but then he stopped using it once Adelle took over again, so now I don't have a clue what it's for.
Old December 21 2009, 03:13 AM   #42
StarshipDefiant
Captain

David cgc wrote: View Post
Christmas Jewel wrote: View Post
And the crazy-gas before that in the university episode. Still, there's more than one way to skin a cat. It could be that it's possible (but difficult) to imprint someone who hasn't been prepared, even before Topher made his robo-call apocalypse device.

By the way, what was with that plastic mask thing they used in D.C. for imprinting? I assumed at first that it was just a matter of all the houses having custom-built equipment (I doubt there's a catalogue for that sort of thing), but then Topher used one after the three month timejump, so I assumed it was some incremental advancement Bennet made, but then he stopped using it once Adelle took over again, so now I don't have a clue what it's for.
The disruptor works on people who've been imprinted one way or another, that what the deal was with Madeline Costley and the fact it would affect her to. As for the mask, I think it's just a different method of imprinting, and when Harding had taken over, he either ordered it's use or Ivy somehow found out about it, and liked the idea behind it.

I'm lost on what you mean by the crazy gas, are you talking about the fact it had an effect on the actives as well?
Old December 21 2009, 05:36 AM   #43
BenRoethig
Fleet Captain

Chaos Descending wrote: View Post
Why do people keep spelling "Victor" with a "k", as "Viktor"?

Minor annoyance. Sorry!
Eastern european spelling.

StarshipDefiant wrote: View Post
Harding probably is either Clyde 2.0 as he's around a lot or the actual original founder with Clive Ambrose or whatever being 2.0, I don't know quite yet. Whoever it is though, we most likely have already seen who the co-founder and Clyde 2.0 is, even if it's not so obvious.

I also wonder what's going on between Topher and Ivy (His assistant/gofer), she seemed rather spiteful of him, could that be a part of 'the plan' or what she learned of him? If it's the latter, would she figure out it was to help someone and ease up on him, or does she now hate him forever? I also like how she's gotten more screen time in the last couple episodes, and hope she gets a little more before the final episode airs.

Just a random note for anyone that doesn't know, and might be interested, they've finished filming for the series and held the wrap party Friday night.
She's still not over how it went down with Gibbs.
BenRoethig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21 2009, 05:58 AM   #44
Snaploud
Admiral

I always figured Ivy was some sort of spy. That's probably why she was so pissed about being kept out of the loop.
Snaploud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21 2009, 06:34 AM   #45
StarshipDefiant
Captain

Funny you say that, about Gibbs, I never noticed who the actress was until I looked her up.