Sci-Fried To Release New Album
By: T'Bonz on Jul 28

Star Trek/Planet of the Apes Crossover

Star Trek into Darkness Soundtrack

Horse 1, Shatner 0

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Gaming

Gaming Non-Star Trek Gaming

Old December 21 2009, 07:22 PM   #1
RobertScorpio
Pariah

I HAVE ALL THREE!!!

We are getting my 19 year old son a PS3 for xmas. Mainly because he has a lot of BLURAYS and cuts in on MY TIME!!!..so we got him the PS3.

Has anyone played a game called UNCHARTED 2 and GOD OF WAR? Will he like this games (he is into HALO..Call of Duty)...

Oh..and the three are?? X360--W i i----PS3

Rob
RobertScorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21 2009, 08:16 PM   #2
The Evil Dead
Vice Admiral

View The Evil Dead's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to The Evil Dead
Re: I HAVE ALL THREE!!!

Welcome to the club!

I'm sure he'll love Uncharted and God of War. I also recommend inFamous, great PS3 exclusive title.
Old December 21 2009, 08:24 PM   #3
RobertScorpio
Pariah

The Evil Dead wrote: View Post
Welcome to the club!

I'm sure he'll love Uncharted and God of War. I also recommend inFamous, great PS3 exclusive title.
Thanks..heading to BESTBUY now.

Rob
Old December 21 2009, 09:00 PM   #4
Brikar99
Rear Admiral

Uncharted 2 is great fun.
Old December 21 2009, 09:11 PM   #5
clint g
Admiral

I've sort of been dragging my heels on getting all three systems. I just have to pick up a Wii and then Ill have all three major systems and both handhelds
Old December 21 2009, 10:00 PM   #6
Haggis and tatties
Rear Admiral

You should also try and pick up Uncharted 1, its a fantastic beginning to the uncharted games and goes for a song now.

Haggis and tatties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21 2009, 10:34 PM   #7
RobertScorpio
Pariah

clint g wrote: View Post
I've sort of been dragging my heels on getting all three systems. I just have to pick up a Wii and then Ill have all three major systems and both handhelds
My wife and daughter have DSis...My son (6 year old) is getting one for XMAS. I dont really play games on DSi and the only one I play is a goofy word game called BOOK WORM.

We don't have a Sony handheld yet....

I just payed some serious $$$ for my 240hz samsung so I am happy with that. I am STILL amazed at how 'realistic' the movies look on it. That entire opening segment of IRONMAN? I feel like I am in that limo with Tony and the army soldiers; it is that real...

Rob
Old December 21 2009, 10:48 PM   #8
gh4chiefs
Rear Admiral

I'm back in the all 3 club myself. Unfortunately I rarely play the Wii and am still wondering what possessed me to (yet again) but another Wii. It's not a bad system for what it is, I'm not down on it. Just saying the games don't really appeal to me.

Oh and until just a few days ago, I had a DS and PSP too. But I just couldn't stand the controls on either system, and untill suck time that Sony makes the PSP with two sticks, I probably will be out of the handheld gaming market.
Old December 22 2009, 01:30 AM   #9
crouteru
Captain

I have all 3. My advice, if you want to get the most out of the current generation at minimum cost, is to get a Wii and either a PS3 or an XBox 360. The latter two have similar capabilities and share many of the same games. The Wii is generally more unique but has just as many great games as the other two.
crouteru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22 2009, 01:40 AM   #10
RobertScorpio
Pariah

crouteru wrote: View Post
I have all 3. My advice, if you want to get the most out of the current generation at minimum cost, is to get a Wii and either a PS3 or an XBox 360. The latter two have similar capabilities and share many of the same games. The Wii is generally more unique but has just as many great games as the other two.
couldn't have said it better only to add it (w i i) is more little kid friendly..they love hopping around while they play it...good excersize!!!

Rob
Old December 22 2009, 01:48 AM   #11
The Evil Dead
Vice Admiral

View The Evil Dead's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to The Evil Dead

I use my PS3 the most these days. Wii is a left over trophy from an ex-girlfriend who decided to let me keep it post break-up, it's fun but PS3 is more my demographic. I like my Xbox 360, but the thing is over 3 years old now (never red ringed on me and it's not for lack of trying!), so I'm putting it into semi-retirement and intend to only play Xbox 360 exclusive titles on it from now (it's currently resting up for a date with Mass Effect 2 next month ).
Old December 22 2009, 01:50 AM   #12
RobertScorpio
Pariah

The Evil Dead wrote: View Post
I use my PS3 the most these days. Wii is a left over trophy from an ex-girlfriend who decided to let me keep it post break-up, it's fun but PS3 is more my demographic. I like my Xbox 360, but the thing is over 3 years old now (never red ringed on me and it's not for lack of trying!), so I'm putting it into semi-retirement and intend to only play Xbox 360 exclusive titles on it from now.
I am getting into x360's 1 vs 100...its pretty fun and I do pretty good..and I think my avatar is the best!!! I play MADDEN 2010 all the time and watch some of my older DVDs on it (HAWAII FIVE 0) and others...

Rob
Old December 22 2009, 02:23 AM   #13
Tomato
Rear Admiral

As always, dont' know how old your son is. But their is graphic violence and nudity in God of War. But God of War is a great game.

He should also check out Killzone 2.
Tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22 2009, 02:28 AM   #14
RobertScorpio
Pariah

Tomato wrote: View Post
As always, dont' know how old your son is. But their is graphic violence and nudity in God of War. But God of War is a great game.

He should also check out Killzone 2.
Thanks for the warning..he is 19 and has his own room/tv so my other kids can avoid the violence.

I actually watched him play BATMAN ARKAM ASYLEM on our 360 two days ago. The graphics of that game were really cool and now my 6 year old wants to play batman (big DC fan) and I dont want him too because it looks creepy...

Rob
Old December 22 2009, 06:09 AM   #15
Tomato
Rear Admiral

^

Just don't let your younger ones play online with a microphone. Some of the shit these guys say is down right worse than murder an airport full of innocent people.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIoA7RaPgtU
Tomato is offline   Reply With Quote