Kirk’s Well Wishes To Kirk
By: T'Bonz on Apr 15

Quinto In New Starz Series
By: T'Bonz on Apr 15

Star Trek: Horizon Film
By: T'Bonz on Apr 14

Star Trek: Fleet Captains Game Expansion
By: T'Bonz on Apr 14

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Fandom > Fan Productions

Fan Productions Creating our own Trek canon!

Old September 13 2010, 05:26 AM   #76
Barbreader
Fleet Captain

View Barbreader's Twitter Profile
Re: Lost Sulu fan film trailer 'STA: A Time to Heal' finally online

I have seen no action out of the Axiom group except, "Send money" for some time. Some of this has taken the form of selling behind-the-scenes films (who is buying?).

Interesting that this film is attracting this much interest.
Barbreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 13 2010, 11:32 PM   #77
Mysterion
Rear Admiral

Hi folks. I've been involved with the Da Han/Axiom side of things, as far as the plotting/writing of a script (plotted - yes, script - mostly me staring at a mostly blank screen for inordinate amounts of time before playing carpel-tunnel inducing amounts of Solataire).

Was very suprised to see the Stan Woo aspect of things appear last week. But do understand he was/is the originator of the Yorktown project back in the day.

Have been trying to get answers from Da Han, but have gotten none. I am vaguely aware that there has been (still is?) some sort of dispute between him and Mr. Woo, but have not gotten any real clarification on that situation either.

So, I am removing myself from the equation as not to get caught in the middle of whatever is going on between Stan Woo and Da Han. I wish everyone concerned the best of luck, and really hope it all gets sorted out and we see Yorktown in some form at some point.

And I do apologize if this seems like the airing of private laundry in a public space, but I wanted to make sure I was clear about my status in the matter.
Old September 13 2010, 11:54 PM   #78
Potemkin_Prod
Commodore

Stan emailed today and appears ready to endorse John Atkin. I haven't seen the facebook page either, but Stan says he sent John additional photos for it.
http://www.projectpotemkin.com
Potemkin_Prod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 13 2010, 11:56 PM   #79
Mysterion
Rear Admiral

^^^
Good enough for me.

Anyone else need a writer?
Old September 14 2010, 12:02 AM   #80
Potemkin_Prod
Commodore

Stan just sent me the link for the Facebook group:

You can add this link to my page and it will speak for itself. http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi...4904054&ref=ts
Hopefully this means this fan film starring Takei and Shigeta (to name a few) will indeed be finished!

Edit: Just checked out the pictures. LOVED seeing Shigeta as Admiral Nogura!

Last edited by Potemkin_Prod; September 14 2010 at 12:11 AM. Reason: awsome photo to comment upon
Old September 14 2010, 03:57 AM   #81
Barbreader
Fleet Captain

I hope I have this right now... http://startrekreviewed.blogspot.com/2009/06/143.html for both productions, (Q) is the Yorktown group, which is active, (AR) is the Axiom group, which doesn't seem to be active. I think.
Old September 21 2010, 08:24 PM   #82
Captain Atkin
Commander

Hey guys,

The link to the Yorktown Facebook group I started is http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi...4904054&ref=ts

The reason that I started this group was, like many of you, I was fascinated by this project in my youth. I still remember the first time I read about it in Starlog magazine (June 1987), and waited for years to see this ambitious fan film get finished. For numerous reasons, the film never got finished (mostly due to SFX limitations at the time.) When I first started researching the project last year, most of the information I found was on Da Han and Star Trek: Axiom. Through my research, I soon discovered that Star Trek: Axiom was in fact a seperate project that Da Han was working on, with a limited amount of footage from a trailer of "Yorktown: A Time to Heal."

Stan Woo was the Producer of the film, and his father (Jem Ong Woo) was the Executive Producer. Stan Woo and Da Han were friends in high school, and Stan asked Da Han if he would like to direct the live action footage. As can happen with projects like this, there were some creative differences between the two. Hopefully those can be worked out with time. The entire production was paid for by Jem Ong Woo, who financed the whole film himself, and as such the footage rightfully belongs to the Woo family.

There are a lot of behind the scenes photos at the Facebook group page which have never been seen. You will also find pictures of the original USS Yorktown model, and original ship designs by Andrew Probert! If you haven't seen it yet, I suggest you go check it out!

Last edited by Captain Atkin; September 22 2010 at 06:13 PM.
Captain Atkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 5 2010, 02:02 AM   #83
Barbreader
Fleet Captain

I sent a request to the moderator that my post No. 76 be deleted. There are two projects working on this, each headed by a person involved in the original project. They are attempting to reach a state of peace and harmony, and I would prefer to not cause strife between them. Since making that post, I have heard the other side in this controversy, and the Axiom group had reasons for their position that they do not want repeated, but were quite compelling.

NB: "The film was directed and co-produced by Stan Woo's friend and fellow collaborator Da Han" http://stexpanded.wikia.com/wiki/Yor...A_Time_to_Heal

We can hope this film will be completed by those who began it, and that they can do it peacefully. Whenever it is completed, I'm sure many will enjoy watching it.
Old December 5 2010, 09:31 AM   #84
Capt_Pickirk
Fleet Captain

Oh my...
Capt_Pickirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14 2010, 05:23 AM   #85
Captain Atkin
Commander

Right now we are working on new costumes for some scenes that are going to be filmed by the Toronto unit. Here is a sneak peak at the helmet the Klingon pilot will be wearing in the opening scene. It's not quite finished yet, as the final version will be painted black with some Klingon emblems on it, but it's looking pretty cool so far. Note the ridges on the top of the helmet! We are also shooting a scene of the Klingon Captain next month, who will be in full TMP style makeup!

Old December 14 2010, 06:46 AM   #86
Potemkin_Prod
Commodore

Looking forward to the production!
Old January 5 2011, 08:21 PM   #87
Captain Atkin
Commander

The new Klingon scene, with the actor in TMP-style makeup and uniform, was just filmed last week. The acting and makeup are both fantastic! We will be playing around with it in editing, as it it suppose to be a viewscreen shot of the Klingon Captain on the pilot's screen. The helmet for the pilot is finished, and we have just started work on the pilot's costume. Bit by bit, it's coming together
Old January 5 2011, 08:27 PM   #88
Potemkin_Prod
Commodore

Excellent! Looking forward to the results!
Old March 23 2011, 03:12 AM   #89
Captain Atkin
Commander

Here are two new shots of the Yorktown as it appears at the beginning of the movie (before it is given a refit later in the film...) Our model was designed by the very talented Roland Baron (Star Trek: Of Gods and Men). Enjoy

Old March 23 2011, 05:46 AM   #90
Captain Robert April
Vice Admiral

Location: In selfless service to fandom, on the road to becoming a Star Trek trivia god...

[Cartman]

Shweeet!

[/Cartman]
Captain Robert April is offline   Reply With Quote