Retro Review: Chrysalis
By: Michelle on Oct 18

The Next Generation Season Seven Blu-ray Details
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

CBS Launches Streaming Service

Yelchin In New Indie Thriller

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old December 9 2009, 03:07 PM   #1
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

View Admiral_Young's Twitter Profile
The Return of Bruce Wayne in April!

DC has announced The Return of Bruce Wayne mini starting in April...written by Grant Morrison alongside 'a host of all star artists' Morrison calls this the 'definitive Batman epic'. Wow there really have been a ton of announcements this week, and we're not done yet. Here's the link with sample art:

http://dcu.blog.dccomics.com/

Ignoring the The Last Stand since 2011.
Admiral_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9 2009, 03:12 PM   #2
Mr Light
Admiral

Re: The Return of Bruce Wayne in April!

I've never heard of artist Chris Sprouse before... Why does everything happen in a mini now? Why don't the main events happen in the main book?

Mr Light is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 9 2009, 03:29 PM   #3
Count Darcula70
Rear Admiral

Mr Light wrote: View Post
I've never heard of artist Chris Sprouse before... Why does everything happen in a mini now? Why don't the main events happen in the main book?

Money.
Count Darcula70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9 2009, 03:47 PM   #4
TemporalFlux
Commodore

I've never heard of artist Chris Sprouse before...
He's been around for a good while now (since at least the mid '90's). He's probably best known for drawing Alan Moore's "Tom Strong" series; but he also drew a good bit of the Legion reboot issues after Zero Hour.

On Bruce returning, I just hope it doesn't mean they're already kicking Dick to the curb. Bruce can come back in a different role than Batman, though; we'll just have to wait and see.
TemporalFlux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9 2009, 03:58 PM   #5
barnaclelapse
Commodore

Send a message via AIM to barnaclelapse

I still want to eventually see Bruce return to being Batman, but I want a hell of a good, long journey getting to that point.
barnaclelapse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9 2009, 04:25 PM   #6
coolghoul
Fleet Captain

Bruce is Batman for me.

Tho' it does appear like Batdickery to take it away from Dick yet again...
Old December 9 2009, 04:26 PM   #7
Allyn Gibson
Vice Admiral

View Allyn Gibson's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to Allyn Gibson Send a message via Yahoo to Allyn Gibson

TemporalFlux wrote: View Post
On Bruce returning, I just hope it doesn't mean they're already kicking Dick to the curb. Bruce can come back in a different role than Batman, though; we'll just have to wait and see.
My theory, which I expound upon here, is that Dick will remain Batman, but Bruce will become Robin. It's a logical outgrowth of the events of The Resurrection of Ra's al-Ghul; we know that Damian's body can host the spirit of one of his ancestors. Ra's tried to take Damian's body, but what if Damian willingly gave up his body to "host" the father he idolizes? Morrison said that when his story was all said and done, Bruce Wayne would never be Batman again. If Bruce becomes Damian, then that's absolutely true.
Allyn Gibson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9 2009, 04:57 PM   #8
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

View Admiral_Young's Twitter Profile

That's an interesting theory...honestly with the Terry McGuiness mini and one shot coming next year I think that they are going to put into motion a variation of the Batman Beyond future. Morrison did say by the time all of this is over that the Batman status quo would be significantly changed. The question I have is though...if Bruce is returning and has been stuck in the timeline then who was that we saw at the end of Blackest Night? Also what is the upcoming Batman and Robin arc "blackest knight" about?

Ignoring the The Last Stand since 2011.
Admiral_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9 2009, 06:48 PM   #9
byron lomax
Commander

I've never heard of artist Chris Sprouse before...
He's been around for a good while now (since at least the mid '90's). He's probably best known for drawing Alan Moore's "Tom Strong" series; but he also drew a good bit of the Legion reboot issues after Zero Hour.

I remember Sprouse drew the excellent Two-Face origin story Eye of the Beholder in the early 90s. On evidence of this alone (though it was a long time ago) he can draw an effectively moody Batman.

I must say, I'm looking forward to this. Morrison's run has been a wild ride so far, even if every aspect hasn't worked. Let's see what he's got up his sleeve this time.
byron lomax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9 2009, 07:48 PM   #10
drasche
Captain

I don't know why I read "The return of Bruce Willis in April!"
Old December 9 2009, 09:40 PM   #11
TemporalFlux
Commodore

Allyn Gibson wrote: View Post
My theory, which I expound upon here, is that Dick will remain Batman, but Bruce will become Robin. It's a logical outgrowth of the events of The Resurrection of Ra's al-Ghul; we know that Damian's body can host the spirit of one of his ancestors. Ra's tried to take Damian's body, but what if Damian willingly gave up his body to "host" the father he idolizes? Morrison said that when his story was all said and done, Bruce Wayne would never be Batman again. If Bruce becomes Damian, then that's absolutely true.
That could also explain the mechanics behind the mini-series plot. The story could feature Bruce time traveling within his own blood line...hoping each time that his next leap will be the leap home.
TemporalFlux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9 2009, 09:42 PM   #12
JoeZhang
Vice Admiral

Dick as Top and Bruce as bottom? that's a change to the existing status quo.
JoeZhang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9 2009, 10:00 PM   #13
Christopher
Writer

Okay, could you use a less creepy metaphor, please?

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 9 2009, 10:09 PM   #14
JoeZhang
Vice Admiral

Christopher wrote: View Post
Okay, could you use a less creepy metaphor, please?
No it was meant to be creepy.
JoeZhang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9 2009, 10:23 PM   #15
Corran Horn
Vice Admiral

Morrison said that when his story was all said and done, Bruce Wayne would never be Batman again.
Right up until Bruce Wayne is Batman again.