TV Alert: Pine On Tonight Show
By: T'Bonz on Dec 22

Retro Review: The Emperor’s New Cloak
By: Michelle on Dec 20

Star Trek Opera
By: T'Bonz on Dec 19

New Abrams Project
By: T'Bonz on Dec 18

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > Star Trek - Original Series

Star Trek - Original Series The one that started it all...

Old December 9 2009, 12:33 AM   #1
Thetaxiko321
Cadet

Kirk's escapades with Alien Women

So my fraternity brother and I were talking about random things and I just watched the new Star Trek movie for the 40th time and we were talking about Captain Kirk's sexual escapades with the alien women. Since he was having sex with them would that be considered bestiality? I don't think so on the fact that since the women are of a higher intelligence and they have Logic which is unique to humans and would therefore dispute his theory that it is bestiality. He is sticking with the definition which says that bestiality is having sexual relations with an animal. Please help settle our debate on the topic.
Thetaxiko321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9 2009, 12:50 AM   #2
MikeS
Fleet Captain

Re: Kirk's escapades with Alien Women

Is that the actual definition of beastiality? If so what are you, or I? We are animals are we not? So we commit beastiality with our partners?
Old December 9 2009, 01:30 AM   #3
Yeoman Randi
Vice Admiral

Welcome to the BBS Thetaxiko321. Your very first post might well be an epic fail!
But welcome anyway!
Yeoman Randi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9 2009, 01:50 AM   #4
iguana_tonante
Admiral

Let me welcome you in this humble fold of ours and affably ask you what the fuck are you talking about.
Old December 9 2009, 01:54 AM   #5
Kegg
Rear Admiral

Sentient species wouldn't be considered beasts, one would assume. It is having sex with another species, and right now the only way someone could have sex with another species is through beastiality, but these species are, well, smart enough to be consensual so they're people rather than animals, as it were.

These terms do tend to be frightfully fluid though, no?
Old December 9 2009, 02:50 AM   #6
Thetaxiko321
Cadet

MikeS wrote: View Post
Is that the actual definition of beastiality? If so what are you, or I? We are animals are we not? So we commit beastiality with our partners?
I brought that point also to the attention of my opponent and he tried to refute it by saying that is wrong because it was with the same sex of our species. I laughed and told his religion major stupidity that he is wrong. The reason why I posted this thread to prove to him that he is wrong and that I am right about it not being bestiality and that other people support me in this idea. I am also sorry that I have brought some philosophical discussions on to this forum and ruin your fun. Again I am sorry.
Thetaxiko321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9 2009, 03:07 AM   #7
6079SmithW
Vice Admiral

The difference is that beastiallity is having sex with non-sentient animals and the alien women Kirk has sex with are sentient. For the convenience of Trek, a "person" or "people" are sentient life forms (not restricted to humans) and a "woman" would be a female gendered sentient life form (not restricted to human women). So no, Kirk is not partaking in beastiality, he is having sex with non-human women.
Old December 9 2009, 04:52 AM   #8
Red Ranger
Admiral

OK, here's a question. If Kirk has sex with an alien woman from a species that's more advanced, would the woman in question consider it "slumming," or even akin to bestiality, as Kirk might be considered a "dumb brute" by this alien and her peers? -- RR

"I would make this war as severe as possible, and show no symptoms of tiring till the South begs for mercy." -- William Tecumseh Sherman
Red Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9 2009, 04:54 AM   #9
Santa Kang
Fleet Admiral

Red-Nosed Reindeer wrote: View Post
OK, here's a question. If Kirk has sex with an alien woman from a species that's more advanced, would the woman in question consider it "slumming," or even akin to bestiality, as Kirk might be considered a "dumb brute" by this alien and her peers? -- RR
Given human history on sex between the "races" they might.
Old December 9 2009, 05:36 AM   #10
Jeri
Vice Admiral

Maybe mentioning this is a big mistake, but Koko wanted to do it with William Shatner. That was clearly consentual on her part. She hugged him in the right spot and gave him the look. Bill was very afraid.
Old December 9 2009, 06:27 AM   #11
Gep Malakai
Vice Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Gep Malakai Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Gep Malakai

Jeri wrote: View Post
Maybe mentioning this is a big mistake, but Koko wanted to do it with William Shatner.
Where the hell does this come from?

A dolphin hit on Carl Sagan once, too. The premise of this thread (not bestiality if the partner is sapient) does raise an interesting question: if an animal can pass the mirror test for self-awareness, would it be okay for a human to bang it?
Old December 9 2009, 06:41 AM   #12
JoeFromEarth
Lieutenant Commander

Not beastiality, exobeastiality.
Old December 9 2009, 09:24 AM   #13
Timo
Admiral

...an interesting question: if an animal can pass the mirror test for self-awareness, would it be okay for a human to bang it?
And conversely: if your boy- or girlfriend can't pass the IQ test (including the part where they have to sign), does your favorite pastime become bestiality by definition?

Another angle here is how accepted this practice is in the 23rd century. Was Sarek respected or despised for bagging an Earthling? Was Amanda respected or despised for bagging a Vulcan? Or does the credit or blame go to the Sarek family matriarch who organized the whole thing?

Timo Saloniemi
Timo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9 2009, 11:08 AM   #14
Orcus
Captain

This is one fucked up thread...
Orcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9 2009, 12:17 PM   #15
MikeS
Fleet Captain

Thetaxiko321 wrote: View Post
MikeS wrote: View Post
I brought that point also to the attention of my opponent and he tried to refute it by saying that is wrong because it was with the same sex of our species. I laughed and told his religion major stupidity that he is wrong. The reason why I posted this thread to prove to him that he is wrong and that I am right about it not being bestiality and that other people support me in this idea. I am also sorry that I have brought some philosophical discussions on to this forum and ruin your fun. Again I am sorry.
I wasn't talking about sex with "the same sex of our species". Male or female, we are animals.

I got locked out of my work computer last night after trying to look up a dictionary definition of "Bestiality"

So, according to my copy of Chambers Dictionary at home - 1. Bestiality - copulation between a person and an animal.
2. Person - a living soul or self-conscious being

I would show these two definitions to your friend. I agree with everyone on here, sentience is the key.

And no need to apologise! A debate is a debate. Interesting to hear others views, even if your friends views are a little bit "out there"