Kirk’s Well Wishes To Kirk
By: T'Bonz on Apr 15

Quinto In New Starz Series
By: T'Bonz on Apr 15

Star Trek: Horizon Film
By: T'Bonz on Apr 14

Star Trek: Fleet Captains Game Expansion
By: T'Bonz on Apr 14

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Fandom > Fan Art

Fan Art Post your Trek fan art here, including hobby models and collectibles.

Old February 16 2010, 06:18 PM   #46
Kaiser
Rear Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kaiser Send a message via Yahoo to Kaiser
Re: WIP - Prospero Class

Very nice work on this
Old February 16 2010, 08:17 PM   #47
Savage Dragon
TheSeeker

I really like this. Nice work!
Savage Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16 2010, 10:20 PM   #48
RichMerk
Captain

View RichMerk's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to RichMerk Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to RichMerk Send a message via Yahoo to RichMerk

Thanks.

I used Hexagon 2 for the basic modeling. Carrara 5 for the finishwork, UV Mapping, and rendering. Paintshop Pro 10 for creating the textures.
RichMerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17 2010, 12:11 AM   #49
RichMerk
Captain

View RichMerk's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to RichMerk Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to RichMerk Send a message via Yahoo to RichMerk

Old February 17 2010, 03:23 AM   #50
Wingsley
Commodore

Great details on those images, especially the nacelles and that dish-pod.

If you're interested in trying other designs/shapes/takes-on-the-Daedalus, Masao's Starfleet Museum site has some interesting ideas. One that I'd like to see tried would be an adaptation of the Wasp-class cruisers. Here's an idea: instead of using three nacelles, maybe the third wing could be mounted with your dish-pod. You could call it the Hornet.

Would you also, perhaps, be interested in revisiting the Mann-class starship from the Chronology? I could think of a great possibility for a distorted sphere-shape there. Imagine a spherical primary hull that's somewhat "squashed" like the Mann or Masao's Moskva. (Let's call it the Mars-class.) Now imagine a smaller "stinger" pod like the Wasp situated on the aft of the sphere/saucerette. Your excellent warp nacelles would be placed on wings to shoot straight out from the sides of the "stinger", 180 degrees horizontally opposed to each other. Most of the way out on each wing, near each nacelle, would be a dish-pod built-into each wing. These dish-pods and the nacelles would have to be far enough out on the wings to clear the saucer. I think that would have made a great alternative to the Akira-prise, but that's just me.
Old February 17 2010, 08:42 AM   #51
RichMerk
Captain

I'll add them to the list.
Old February 17 2010, 10:34 AM   #52
RichMerk
Captain

I've decided I need to learn how to make better textures. Can I get some expert advice please?

How do you guys get those nifty Azteced shiny metallic hull plates? In what way do I modify the Shine, Refraction, Highlight channels? I probably need a better Aztec texture for starters. Can someone perhaps donate something to the cause?

Old February 17 2010, 08:02 PM   #53
BK613
Captain

RichMerk wrote: View Post
I've decided I need to learn how to make better textures. Can I get some expert advice please?

How do you guys get those nifty Azteced shiny metallic hull plates? In what way do I modify the Shine, Refraction, Highlight channels? I probably need a better Aztec texture for starters. Can someone perhaps donate something to the cause?

This almost-ortho makes me want to see a rollbar-free variant with that sensor pod mounted Kelvin-style off the top spine...
Old February 18 2010, 12:30 AM   #54
RichMerk
Captain

BK613 wrote: View Post
This almost-ortho makes me want to see a rollbar-free variant with that sensor pod mounted Kelvin-style off the top spine...
That sounds pretty simple and quick to do. Maybe I'll try that.

Meanwhile...

Fiddled a bit with the metallic hull texture and came up with this.

Full size: http://merknet.com/stpmaforum/prospe...x_1600x900.jpg

Old February 18 2010, 02:29 AM   #55
Kaiser
Rear Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kaiser Send a message via Yahoo to Kaiser

Great new pics of this design
Old February 19 2010, 01:08 PM   #56
Solarbaby
Fleet Captain

View Solarbaby's Twitter Profile

I love this design. What software did you use?

[URL="https://www.facebook.com/pages/STAR-TREK-Absolution/386331754783277?fref=ts[/URL]
Solarbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19 2010, 10:24 PM   #57
RichMerk
Captain

Thanks. Hexagon 2, Carrara 5, Paintshop Pro 10. The black hole is actually a picture of the Crab Nebula, tweeked and twisted and colored in Paintshop Pro.
Old February 20 2010, 09:40 AM   #58
RichMerk
Captain

One last render of the Prospero...

Full size: http://merknet.com/stpmaforum/prospe...n_1600x900.jpg

Old February 27 2010, 12:01 AM   #59
RichMerk
Captain

Ok, here we go. http://3d.merknet.com/free/prospero/prospero.html

The Carrara version is the one you see in the renderings. The Vue version turned out good. The Poser version is a little tweeked, but it's beyond my skill to fix it (or even to know what exactly is wrong). The OBJ version is untextured, but all texture files are included in the zip.

Free for use. No credits required.
Old March 22 2010, 07:06 PM   #60
Saratoga
Ensign

O'Dib wrote: View Post
Well here's a rough concept of the direction I think would be more aesthetically pleasing. I just subbed Miranda's saucer and nacelles with Daedalus's, so the gap in tech is obvious, but you get the idea.

Ummm....just a nitpick...it looks like the rollbar module will slam right into the back of the sphere when it fires.
Saratoga is offline   Reply With Quote