MicroWarriors Releases Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Jul 25

Ships Of The Line Design Contest

Next Weekend: Shore Leave 36!

True Trek History To Be Penned

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > Deep Space Nine

Deep Space Nine What We Left Behind, we will always have here.

Closed Thread

Old December 4 2009, 01:32 AM   #121
PSGarak
Fleet Captain

Re: Was Ezri Dax too flat chested?

^ Thanks!
Old December 4 2009, 01:40 AM   #122
TheGodBen
Rear Admiral

Tomalak wrote: View Post
And we get one of those classic Trek sex scenes where they do the business off-screen, then put all their clothes back on and go to sleep.
They were cold. The fire had gone out. Nothing illogical about that, you don't want your dingaling or doodads hanging loose in the jungle during the night.

Lt.Cmdr.LaForge wrote: View Post
Are there really no more proper topics left to discuss?
I would guess not, but if you want to attempt one I would be happy to comes into the thread and ruin it with unwanted humour.

Ah, my bloody eye is at it again!

Old December 4 2009, 02:13 AM   #123
Rush Limborg
Vice Admiral

I thought that at first, but on rewatching she works brilliantly. It's not just about her, it's as much about how the other characters react to her.

Take Julian for example, he ends the sixth season looking very much the shell-shocked, battle-scared doctor who had seen to much death and was in danger of ending it all. Not in every episode, but there are some very significant milestones along the way. Ezri comes along, and she revitalises him.
Very much so. I just loved the moment in "Afterimage", where Ezri takes his hand, and you can see how touched Julian is by her caring. That was a very beautiful scene.

Sisko similarly gets a huge lift after all he'd been through. Seeing his old friend reborn helped him to turn the corner and find the Orb of the Emissary.
Yup.

You know what would've been nice? A take on It's A Wonderful Life, where Vic Fontaine (the best stand-in for the angel character, IMHO) shows Ezri how life would've been like for everyone if it hadn't been for her....

Just sayin'.

Worf had sort of lost the plot for me in some of those episodes at the back end of the sixth season, but in death you could finally see what Jadzia really meant to him. And we get one of those classic Trek sex scenes where they do the business off-screen, then put all their clothes back on and go to sleep.
Y'know...I've often wondered if they really did go that far. Maybe as they removed each other's outermost uniforms, and then stopped, content to simply--

Ah, whatevah.

There is arguably only really one "wasted" episode - Prodigal Son - and only because that's rubbish.
I may be in the minority here...but I kinda liked that ep. Nice insights into her life--and how deeply she cares for her brother....

The rest of the "Ezri episodes" are as much or more about these characters than her. There's Afterimage too, which is a great Garak episode.
Well, there is "Field of Fire", but I see your point.

She's charming, she brings something new to the series, and she really grows as a character. I'd go as far as saying she's a better character than Jadzia.
Amen--all counts.

A thread about boobs and I'm talking about character development. Spot the homo.
Nah. You're fine.

Anything to raise the quality of this thing....

"Forget it, Jake...it's Chinatown."
Old December 4 2009, 02:27 AM   #124
TheGodBen
Rear Admiral

Rush Limborg wrote: View Post
Y'know...I've often wondered if they really did go that far. Maybe as they removed each other's outermost uniforms, and then stopped, content to simply--
Suck his ridges?

Anything to lower the quality of this thing.

Old December 4 2009, 02:29 AM   #125
Rush Limborg
Vice Admiral

(Ignore him, people....)

Old December 4 2009, 03:20 AM   #126
TheGodBen
Rear Admiral

Look, I know that I'm a very attractive man, and I'm flattered that you think so too, but please stop hitting on me because I just don't swing that way. Sorry.
Old December 4 2009, 03:56 AM   #127
Rush Limborg
Vice Admiral

(Le Chiffre voice) You are a very funny man, Mr. Bond!

Old December 4 2009, 04:11 AM   #128
SRFX
Captain

TheGodBen wrote: View Post
Because breasts don't look like breasts on film, you've got to use padding. It's the same reason they use painted horses in place of cows.
"What if you want something that looks like a horse?"

"uh, we usually just tape a couple of cats together"
Old December 4 2009, 05:46 PM   #129
Tomalak
Vice Admiral

View Tomalak's Twitter Profile

And we get one of those classic Trek sex scenes where they do the business off-screen, then put all their clothes back on and go to sleep.
They were cold. The fire had gone out. Nothing illogical about that, you don't want your dingaling or doodads hanging loose in the jungle during the night.
Put on a show! I want unkempt hair, creased clothing and bite marks.

Yeah, I remembered that after I posted. It's a good episode though, and she's allowed to have one to herself.
Old December 4 2009, 10:19 PM   #130
Rush Limborg
Vice Admiral

Put on a show! I want unkempt hair, creased clothing and bite marks.
Again...evidence that they didn't really do anything--just passionate kisses amid, for lack of a better term, "wrestling".

Yeah, I remembered that after I posted. It's a good episode though, and she's allowed to have one to herself.
A DANG good one. Shows that even gentle, lovable Ezri has a tough side.

One of her best lines:

(To Joran) "You want me to kill someone? What do you say I start with you!?"

I love the look of blazing fire in her eyes when she says this, BTW.

Hell hath no fury...

Old December 5 2009, 01:48 AM   #131
Tomalak
Vice Admiral

View Tomalak's Twitter Profile

It's also got the deranged Vulcan, which I thought was a great twist at the time, and Odo had a good supporting role - I always loved it when he went all Mike Hammer. That's one of the things I loved about him: he really fancied the idea of being a hardboiled, 1930s city cop.
Old December 5 2009, 02:09 AM   #132
Rush Limborg
Vice Admiral

^Yuppers. Odo's one of the most supremely awesome Trek characters ever.

As for the evil Chu'lak...yes, he was one creepy villian. Makes me wish we'd see him again in the books (not any "mirror universe" type, the real deal)--maybe as Ezri's nemesis, as Kahn was to Kirk.

Or Moriarty was to Sherlock Holmes.

That's a thought.

Old December 5 2009, 06:52 AM   #133
Admiral Shran
Admiral

^Logic demands it.
Old December 9 2009, 12:09 AM   #134
snakespeare
Commander

Send a message via Yahoo to snakespeare

I really like Ezri, but my wife doesn't. I am certain the difference isn't any part of the torso. I think my wife admired Jadzia's self-posession and Ezri was the opposite, until the novels, that is. I liked Ezri for exactly that reason, because of the contrast. I liked the idea that this 300-year old Symbiont got put into the only available unjoined Trill who happened to be completely untrained. I liked that Ezri had to learn it all in the school of hard knocks. But my wife missed the tall self-assured female lead, and she isn't really a big Major Kira fan. And speaking of mammalian protuberences, my wife doesn't like Leeta at all, but I do. Leeta gets a lot of exposure, so to speak, in season 7, so I think the theory is pretty much out the window.
Old June 21 2010, 10:38 AM   #135
Olen Ahkcre
Cadet

kes7 wrote: View Post
This is the only comment I'm going to make on Nicole DeBoer's appearance -- I think the short hair looks better on her. She's much more striking that way.
I totally agree, if she hadn't gone into acting she could have gone into modeling sporting the short hair cut.
Closed Thread