Insight Editions Announces Three Trek Books For 2015
By: T'Bonz on Jul 24

To Be Takei Review by Spencer Blohm

Mulgrew: Playing Red

Hallmark 2015 Trek Ornaments

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > Deep Space Nine

Deep Space Nine What We Left Behind, we will always have here.

Closed Thread

Old November 20 2009, 06:48 PM   #61
seigezunt
Vice Admiral

Location: Splashing on some Tiberius before a night on the town
Re: Was Ezri Dax too flat chested?

Evil Ezri wrote: View Post
When Kes was fired for a busty woman, Voyager improved in ratings. When Jadzia Dax quit and was replaced with Ezri Dax, was she so flat chested that the rating of DS9 just got so bad it lead to the series being canceled? If Ezri had a bigger chest, would she have been more accepted?
Not true, and also a stupid question.

Bad troll.
I am constantly surprised by the close-mindedness of some fans...this means change as well as a positive attitude. Without those things, how can we ever achieve that Trek future we enjoyed so much on TV? --Bjo Trimble
Old November 20 2009, 06:56 PM   #62
Plecostomus
Commodore

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Plecostomus

This thread made me laugh.
Old November 21 2009, 02:18 AM   #63
Geckothan
Fleet Captain

I don't really have much interest in this discussion, but here's some Nicole de Boer.

Also, she's hardly flatchested. Just because she doesn't have a massive chest, doesn't mean it's flat. Nicole de Boer is perfect, and I'm usually a big boob enthusiast. Starfleet uniforms don't do her figure justice though.

RIP Star Trek 1964-1999
Old November 21 2009, 02:55 AM   #64
DevilEyes
Rear Admiral

View DevilEyes's Twitter Profile

captain crow wrote: View Post
Most of the women in Star Trek wear padded bras. There was a behind the scenes thing (I can't remember what it was called) where Marina Sirtis is showing the costume storage area and points out a large box filled with padded bras on one of the shelves.
According to Ron Moore, they padded everyone's clothes, because the material of the uniforms, was, as he said, so crude that you wouldn't get any body definition that way. He said they padded men's chest and shoulders to make them look bigger and stronger.

my Buffy/Angel rewatch
Old November 21 2009, 03:03 AM   #65
Rush Limborg
Vice Admiral

Nice pics, Geckothan!

Although...in the second one, she actually kinda reminds me of Jennifer Morrison--i.e., Carmen in House, MD (before she died her hair blond for JJ-Trek, of course).

Just saying.

Why haven't we seen Nikky anywhere lately, anyhow?

"Forget it, Jake...it's Chinatown."
Old November 21 2009, 04:00 AM   #66
Fencer
Fleet Captain

Rush Limborg wrote: View Post
Why haven't we seen Nikky anywhere lately, anyhow?
She's did a minor role in Suck (and consecutively the premier in Toronto) but other wise I believe she's been writing, the MCM Expo in London a charity auction for animals plus the usual wife/mother stuff.

If we're going to discuss Nicole's chest we should probably go with the best view:

Old November 21 2009, 04:01 AM   #67
Admiral Shran
Admiral

JoeFromEarth wrote: View Post
I've noticed that most often when a woman is in a military uniform she doesn't look as feminine... and her breasts aren't as eye-catching.
I don't know about real life military uniforms, but as for Starfleet ones, I have to disagree. Troi looked much, much sexier after Jellico forced her to start wearing standard uniforms. Both Daxs looked just fine in them. Seven of Nine looked much, much sexier in the one episode in which we saw her in one. Hoshi looked amazing in her uniform. Even Kira looked wonderful in her uniforms, even the one with the ultra-padded shoulders.

Women don't need to wear mini-skirts, catsuits, or lingerie in order to be sexy. I found the uniforms on Star Trek to be great on the women, as it leaves more room for subtly and imagination. I only wish they would have put T'Pol in one instead of keeping her in those form-fitting catsuits.
Old November 21 2009, 04:11 AM   #68
kes7
Fleet Captain

This is the only comment I'm going to make on Nicole DeBoer's appearance -- I think the short hair looks better on her. She's much more striking that way.
Old November 21 2009, 04:11 AM   #69
RyuRoots
Fleet Captain

View RyuRoots's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to RyuRoots

Admiral Shran wrote: View Post
I don't know about real life military uniforms, but as for Starfleet ones, I have to disagree. Troi looked much, much sexier after Jellico forced her to start wearing standard uniforms. Both Daxs looked just fine in them. Seven of Nine looked much, much sexier in the one episode in which we saw her in one. Hoshi looked amazing in her uniform. Even Kira looked wonderful in her uniforms, even the one with the ultra-padded shoulders.

Women don't need to wear mini-skirts, catsuits, or lingerie in order to be sexy. I found the uniforms on Star Trek to be great on the women, as it leaves more room for subtly and imagination. I only wish they would have put T'Pol in one instead of keeping her in those form-fitting catsuits.
/thread
Old November 21 2009, 08:45 AM   #70
Emnabtond
Lieutenant

Voyager's ratings only improved for a couple of months once Seven joined, after that they plumetted to below season 3 levels.
Also, I see a lot of padding used in the ST series. Mulgrew has definitely mentioned it and seeing Jennifer Lien in American History X and comparing it to her on Voyager, you can tell there was definitely quite a lot of padding going on.
Old November 21 2009, 11:21 AM   #71
Evil Ezri
Lieutenant

Emnabtond wrote: View Post
Voyager's ratings only improved for a couple of months once Seven joined, after that they plumetted to below season 3 levels.
Also, I see a lot of padding used in the ST series. Mulgrew has definitely mentioned it and seeing Jennifer Lien in American History X and comparing it to her on Voyager, you can tell there was definitely quite a lot of padding going on.
If there was that much padding going on! Does it prove that the staff of Voyager and DS9 thought that Kes and Ezri were both flat chested.
Old November 21 2009, 03:16 PM   #72
TheGodBen
Rear Admiral

Because breasts don't look like breasts on film, you've got to use padding. It's the same reason they use painted horses in place of cows.

This would make for an excellent area of discussion in the bra size thread, so off you go and make it.
Old November 21 2009, 03:55 PM   #73
DevilEyes
Rear Admiral

View DevilEyes's Twitter Profile

Evil Ezri wrote: View Post
Emnabtond wrote: View Post
If there was that much padding going on! Does it prove that the staff of Voyager and DS9 thought that Kes and Ezri were both flat chested.
Ron Moore admitted that they padded Worf's shoulders, does it prove that Michael Dorn has tiny narrow shoulders?

my Buffy/Angel rewatch
Old November 21 2009, 04:32 PM   #74
Geckothan
Fleet Captain

kes7 wrote: View Post
This is the only comment I'm going to make on Nicole DeBoer's appearance -- I think the short hair looks better on her. She's much more striking that way.
I like her with short hair too, but not the style she had as Ezri, looked a bit too boy-ish, mirror Ezri on the other hand

Personally I think she looks best with this hair:

That, simply put, is perfection.

RIP Star Trek 1964-1999
Old November 21 2009, 05:50 PM   #75
Jono
Rear Admiral

^ I have the same opinion about her Erzi hair. Though personally I think she looks better with longer hair than in that picture you used. I'd flag the two above that pic in the list further up as my preferred length. Plus straight not curled, I don't think it looks all that fantastic in the knickers shots above.
Closed Thread