RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 138,319
Posts: 5,352,543
Members: 24,616
Currently online: 586
Newest member: groucho900

TrekToday headlines

Drexler TV Alert
By: T'Bonz on Jul 26

Retro Review: His Way
By: Michelle on Jul 26

MicroWarriors Releases Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Jul 25

Ships Of The Line Design Contest
By: T'Bonz on Jul 25

Next Weekend: Shore Leave 36!
By: T'Bonz on Jul 25

True Trek History To Be Penned
By: T'Bonz on Jul 25

Insight Editions Announces Three Trek Books For 2015
By: T'Bonz on Jul 24

To Be Takei Review by Spencer Blohm
By: T'Bonz on Jul 24

Mulgrew: Playing Red
By: T'Bonz on Jul 24

Hallmark 2015 Trek Ornaments
By: T'Bonz on Jul 24


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > Deep Space Nine

Deep Space Nine What We Left Behind, we will always have here.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old November 20 2009, 06:48 PM   #61
seigezunt
Vice Admiral
 
seigezunt's Avatar
 
Location: Splashing on some Tiberius before a night on the town
Re: Was Ezri Dax too flat chested?

Evil Ezri wrote: View Post
When Kes was fired for a busty woman, Voyager improved in ratings. When Jadzia Dax quit and was replaced with Ezri Dax, was she so flat chested that the rating of DS9 just got so bad it lead to the series being canceled? If Ezri had a bigger chest, would she have been more accepted?
Not true, and also a stupid question.

Bad troll.
__________________
I am constantly surprised by the close-mindedness of some fans...this means change as well as a positive attitude. Without those things, how can we ever achieve that Trek future we enjoyed so much on TV? --Bjo Trimble
seigezunt is offline  
Old November 20 2009, 06:56 PM   #62
Plecostomus
Commodore
 
Location: Official forum sex god
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Plecostomus
Re: Was Ezri Dax too flat chested?

This thread made me laugh.
Plecostomus is offline  
Old November 21 2009, 02:18 AM   #63
Geckothan
Fleet Captain
 
Geckothan's Avatar
 
Location: People's Republic of Britainistan
Re: Was Ezri Dax too flat chested?

I don't really have much interest in this discussion, but here's some Nicole de Boer.













Also, she's hardly flatchested. Just because she doesn't have a massive chest, doesn't mean it's flat. Nicole de Boer is perfect, and I'm usually a big boob enthusiast. Starfleet uniforms don't do her figure justice though.
__________________
You're a classic example of the inverse ratio between the size of the mouth and the size of the brain.

RIP Star Trek 1964-1999
Geckothan is offline  
Old November 21 2009, 02:55 AM   #64
DevilEyes
Rear Admiral
 
DevilEyes's Avatar
 
Location: basking in the warmth of the Fire Caves
View DevilEyes's Twitter Profile
Re: Was Ezri Dax too flat chested?

captain crow wrote: View Post
Most of the women in Star Trek wear padded bras. There was a behind the scenes thing (I can't remember what it was called) where Marina Sirtis is showing the costume storage area and points out a large box filled with padded bras on one of the shelves.
According to Ron Moore, they padded everyone's clothes, because the material of the uniforms, was, as he said, so crude that you wouldn't get any body definition that way. He said they padded men's chest and shoulders to make them look bigger and stronger.
__________________
Treason, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.

my Buffy/Angel rewatch
DevilEyes is offline  
Old November 21 2009, 03:03 AM   #65
Rush Limborg
Vice Admiral
 
Rush Limborg's Avatar
 
Location: The EIB Network
Re: Was Ezri Dax too flat chested?

Nice pics, Geckothan!

Although...in the second one, she actually kinda reminds me of Jennifer Morrison--i.e., Carmen in House, MD (before she died her hair blond for JJ-Trek, of course).

Just saying.

Why haven't we seen Nikky anywhere lately, anyhow?
__________________
"I have been wounded but not yet slain. I shall lie here and bleed awhile. Then I shall rise and fight again."

"Forget it, Jake...it's Chinatown."
Rush Limborg is offline  
Old November 21 2009, 04:00 AM   #66
Fencer
Fleet Captain
 
Fencer's Avatar
 
Re: Was Ezri Dax too flat chested?

Rush Limborg wrote: View Post
Why haven't we seen Nikky anywhere lately, anyhow?
She's did a minor role in Suck (and consecutively the premier in Toronto) but other wise I believe she's been writing, the MCM Expo in London a charity auction for animals plus the usual wife/mother stuff.

If we're going to discuss Nicole's chest we should probably go with the best view:











__________________
"God is dead", Nick said.
"They found his corpse in 2019, floating out in space near Alpha."
- p. 50 Philip K. Dick "Our Friends from Frolix 8" (Panther, London, 1970)
Fencer is offline  
Old November 21 2009, 04:01 AM   #67
Admiral Shran
Admiral
 
Location: In the Before Time - the Long, Long Ago
Re: Was Ezri Dax too flat chested?

JoeFromEarth wrote: View Post
I've noticed that most often when a woman is in a military uniform she doesn't look as feminine... and her breasts aren't as eye-catching.
I don't know about real life military uniforms, but as for Starfleet ones, I have to disagree. Troi looked much, much sexier after Jellico forced her to start wearing standard uniforms. Both Daxs looked just fine in them. Seven of Nine looked much, much sexier in the one episode in which we saw her in one. Hoshi looked amazing in her uniform. Even Kira looked wonderful in her uniforms, even the one with the ultra-padded shoulders.

Women don't need to wear mini-skirts, catsuits, or lingerie in order to be sexy. I found the uniforms on Star Trek to be great on the women, as it leaves more room for subtly and imagination. I only wish they would have put T'Pol in one instead of keeping her in those form-fitting catsuits.
Admiral Shran is offline  
Old November 21 2009, 04:11 AM   #68
kes7
Fleet Captain
 
kes7's Avatar
 
Location: Sector 001
Re: Was Ezri Dax too flat chested?

This is the only comment I'm going to make on Nicole DeBoer's appearance -- I think the short hair looks better on her. She's much more striking that way.
kes7 is offline  
Old November 21 2009, 04:11 AM   #69
RyuRoots
Fleet Captain
 
RyuRoots's Avatar
 
Location: Ul'Dah
View RyuRoots's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to RyuRoots
Re: Was Ezri Dax too flat chested?

Admiral Shran wrote: View Post
I don't know about real life military uniforms, but as for Starfleet ones, I have to disagree. Troi looked much, much sexier after Jellico forced her to start wearing standard uniforms. Both Daxs looked just fine in them. Seven of Nine looked much, much sexier in the one episode in which we saw her in one. Hoshi looked amazing in her uniform. Even Kira looked wonderful in her uniforms, even the one with the ultra-padded shoulders.

Women don't need to wear mini-skirts, catsuits, or lingerie in order to be sexy. I found the uniforms on Star Trek to be great on the women, as it leaves more room for subtly and imagination. I only wish they would have put T'Pol in one instead of keeping her in those form-fitting catsuits.
/thread
__________________
Star Trek: 1987-Present
RyuRoots is offline  
Old November 21 2009, 08:45 AM   #70
Emnabtond
Lieutenant
 
Re: Was Ezri Dax too flat chested?

Voyager's ratings only improved for a couple of months once Seven joined, after that they plumetted to below season 3 levels.
Also, I see a lot of padding used in the ST series. Mulgrew has definitely mentioned it and seeing Jennifer Lien in American History X and comparing it to her on Voyager, you can tell there was definitely quite a lot of padding going on.
Emnabtond is offline  
Old November 21 2009, 11:21 AM   #71
Evil Ezri
Lieutenant
 
Location: East Tennessee
Re: Was Ezri Dax too flat chested?

Emnabtond wrote: View Post
Voyager's ratings only improved for a couple of months once Seven joined, after that they plumetted to below season 3 levels.
Also, I see a lot of padding used in the ST series. Mulgrew has definitely mentioned it and seeing Jennifer Lien in American History X and comparing it to her on Voyager, you can tell there was definitely quite a lot of padding going on.
If there was that much padding going on! Does it prove that the staff of Voyager and DS9 thought that Kes and Ezri were both flat chested.
Evil Ezri is offline  
Old November 21 2009, 03:16 PM   #72
TheGodBen
Rear Admiral
 
TheGodBen's Avatar
 
Location: Ireland
Re: Was Ezri Dax too flat chested?

Because breasts don't look like breasts on film, you've got to use padding. It's the same reason they use painted horses in place of cows.

This would make for an excellent area of discussion in the bra size thread, so off you go and make it.
__________________
...so many different suns...
TheGodBen is offline  
Old November 21 2009, 03:55 PM   #73
DevilEyes
Rear Admiral
 
DevilEyes's Avatar
 
Location: basking in the warmth of the Fire Caves
View DevilEyes's Twitter Profile
Re: Was Ezri Dax too flat chested?

Evil Ezri wrote: View Post
Emnabtond wrote: View Post
Voyager's ratings only improved for a couple of months once Seven joined, after that they plumetted to below season 3 levels.
Also, I see a lot of padding used in the ST series. Mulgrew has definitely mentioned it and seeing Jennifer Lien in American History X and comparing it to her on Voyager, you can tell there was definitely quite a lot of padding going on.
If there was that much padding going on! Does it prove that the staff of Voyager and DS9 thought that Kes and Ezri were both flat chested.
Ron Moore admitted that they padded Worf's shoulders, does it prove that Michael Dorn has tiny narrow shoulders?
__________________
Treason, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.

my Buffy/Angel rewatch
DevilEyes is offline  
Old November 21 2009, 04:32 PM   #74
Geckothan
Fleet Captain
 
Geckothan's Avatar
 
Location: People's Republic of Britainistan
Re: Was Ezri Dax too flat chested?

kes7 wrote: View Post
This is the only comment I'm going to make on Nicole DeBoer's appearance -- I think the short hair looks better on her. She's much more striking that way.
I like her with short hair too, but not the style she had as Ezri, looked a bit too boy-ish, mirror Ezri on the other hand

Personally I think she looks best with this hair:


That, simply put, is perfection.
__________________
You're a classic example of the inverse ratio between the size of the mouth and the size of the brain.

RIP Star Trek 1964-1999
Geckothan is offline  
Old November 21 2009, 05:50 PM   #75
Jono
Rear Admiral
 
Jono's Avatar
 
Location: Australia
Re: Was Ezri Dax too flat chested?

^ I have the same opinion about her Erzi hair. Though personally I think she looks better with longer hair than in that picture you used. I'd flag the two above that pic in the list further up as my preferred length. Plus straight not curled, I don't think it looks all that fantastic in the knickers shots above.
Jono is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Tags
err...what humour?, flat chest wrecks ds9, humor, oh noes!!, stop that! this is silly!

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 02:52 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.