Retro Review: Profit and Lace
By: Michelle on Aug 16

Eve Engaged
By: T'Bonz on Aug 15

Shatner’s Get A Life DVD Debuts
By: T'Bonz on Aug 14

TV Alert: Takei Oprah Appearance
By: T'Bonz on Aug 14

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > Deep Space Nine

Deep Space Nine What We Left Behind, we will always have here.

Closed Thread

Old November 19 2009, 08:45 PM   #16
flemm
Fleet Captain

Re: Was Ezri Dax too flat chested?

RyuRoots wrote: View Post
Kegg wrote: View Post
They didn't like the character, which isn't the same as finding Nicole de Boer unattractive (there are people who feel that way?)
There are, but it's a hard concept to wrap my head around.
There are? Learning this astounding fact and the photo you posted almost make me glad I took the time to read this thread. Almost.
Old November 19 2009, 08:46 PM   #17
Evil Ezri
Lieutenant

kes7 wrote: View Post

Evil Ezri, I don't think there were many people watching DS9 just for Jadzia -- or her breasts -- and DS9 didn't get canceled, it ended on purpose (as noted upthread). I really think this entire line of questioning is sort of insulting to the actresses, who are more than the sum of their cup sizes. You're basically implying that Nicole DeBoer's failure to get breast implants cost a bunch of people their jobs.
I know that DS9 ending because of choice. Bringing up the topic that people lost their jobs with Ezri, Kes and Hoshi, would say with the conventions of Star Trek. If you look at 7 of 9, thousands of people have made millions of dollars with Star Trek conventions. So if you are employed to promote DS9 after the series, with posters or whatever … is Ezri Dax your dream girl?
Old November 19 2009, 09:00 PM   #18
Praxius
Captain

Evil Ezri wrote: View Post
When Kes was fired for a busty woman, Voyager improved in ratings. When Jadzia Dax quit and was replaced with Ezri Dax, was she so flat chested that the rating of DS9 just got so bad it lead to the series being canceled? If Ezri had a bigger chest, would she have been more accepted?
I think the Borg and a number of other things that unfolded in the Voyager series had more to do with the shows ratings then Seven of Nine's boobs.

I personally never noticed anybody's boob size on the shows, nor did they ever really matter, since everybody is different.

To sum up the failures and successes of an entire tv series on one character's physical appearance is pretty narrow minded in my view.

And yes, as others said, DS9 didn't get cancelled.
Old November 19 2009, 09:05 PM   #19
Praxius
Captain

Yes yes it was not cancelled it was planned. Still, there are a number of people that said in a number of places they turned off DS9 during the last season because of Ezri Dax.
Then they're pretty shallow and superficial if they only watched a tv show more for the eye candy then the story and characters.

Now, I never known anyone that said they turned off Voyager because 7 of 9 became a regular member after Kes was fired.
I'm still trying to finish up the Voyager series and I have seen everything up to Season 5 I believe, thus basically I seen everything Kes was in, yet didn't finish the series when Seven of Nine was in it...... therefore based on your above logic, I suppose I did turn off Voyager after Seven became a regular character..... but I didn't turn it off because of her being in it, or because of her looks. At the time I was moving out for college, had no cable for a couple of years and then lost track/interest for a few more years until now.

The momnet Star Trek turns into Baywatch........
Old November 19 2009, 09:07 PM   #20
Praxius
Captain

This is a bizarre thread even for Trek BBS.
Agreed.... Next we'll see a debate on whether or not Worf's penis has extra ridges like his forehead.
Old November 19 2009, 09:11 PM   #21
Kegg
Rear Admiral

… is Ezri Dax your dream girl?
Pretty much, yeah.

Besides, as far as ENT goes, surely T'Pol equalized Hoshi? That show was certainly not cancelled for a lack of breasts.
Old November 19 2009, 09:13 PM   #22
Praxius
Captain

...... is Ezri Dax your dream girl?
I wouldn't call any of the female cast in any of the Star Trek seriesezezes my dream girl.

Sure, many, if not all of them are quite attractive in their own various ways, but to consider any of them a dream girl?

Nobody's perfect

To be honest though, I never found anything wrong, physically and character-speaking, of Ezri, Kes, or any others.... they are who they are, and imo, that's the way it should be.
Old November 19 2009, 09:15 PM   #23
Evil Ezri
Lieutenant

Praxius wrote: View Post
This is a bizarre thread even for Trek BBS.
Agreed.... Next we'll see a debate on whether or not Worf's penis has extra ridges like his forehead.
If you want you guys can start that tread.
Old November 19 2009, 09:16 PM   #24
Eyes
Commodore

View Eyes's Twitter Profile

The size of a woman's breasts should have nothing to do with why people are watching a TV show, and this sort of thread is very insulting to the actresses.

And bigger breasts does not automatically a person is more attractive. I actually find Ezri more attractive than Seven and I wish she had been in more of DS9, as I much preferred her to Jadzia.

The reason DS9 got cancelled, was, as everyone else has said, because they already planned for the 7th Season to be the last one, not because deBoer had smaller breasts than Farrell.
Old November 19 2009, 09:17 PM   #25
RyuRoots
Fleet Captain

View RyuRoots's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to RyuRoots

… is Ezri Dax your dream girl?
Basically, yes.

And agreed on all counts, Eyes330.
Old November 19 2009, 09:28 PM   #26
TheGodBen
Rear Admiral

If anything she wasn't flat chested enough, I always advocated cutting off those bad boys and sending them to me so that I could look at them every day and go "Tee hee, I have Nichole de Boer's boobs!"

But I am a very demented person.
Old November 19 2009, 09:29 PM   #27
Kestrel
Vice Admiral

Praxius wrote: View Post
... for her pleasure?
Old November 19 2009, 09:34 PM   #28
billcosby
Commodore

Was it Ezri who was flat chested, and Nikki DeBoer was voluptuous?

And exactly how long did you want DS9 to continue? It would be up in or around the 20th season by now.

Old November 19 2009, 09:49 PM   #29
Praxius
Captain

TheGodBen wrote: View Post
If anything she wasn't flat chested enough, I always advocated cutting off those bad boys and sending them to me so that I could look at them every day and go "Tee hee, I have Nichole de Boer's boobs!"

But I am a very demented person.
Inquiry:

Would you pickle them or just let them gradually dry out into old leather bags that smell like belly button lint? (You gotta think ahead for these sort of things)
Old November 19 2009, 10:20 PM   #30
TheGodBen
Rear Admiral

I was thinking of preserving them in a vacuum. I don't need to fondle them I just want to look.