RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 139,699
Members: 24,830
Currently online: 442
Newest member: honeybadger

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > Deep Space Nine

Deep Space Nine What We Left Behind, we will always have here.

Closed Thread

Old June 29 2010, 09:15 AM   #181
Python Trek
Commodore

View Python Trek's Twitter Profile
Re: Was Ezri Dax too flat chested?

I don't know if this is OT, but Lt. James on SGU would look nice in a Starfleet uniform OR a Borg catsuit............

......I'm just sayin', is all.........................
Old June 29 2010, 01:12 PM   #182
teacake
Admiral

Location: Militant Janeway True Path Devotees Compound. With Sehlats.

TheGodBen wrote: View Post
teacake wrote: View Post
Just because it starts out a troll thread doesn't mean it should be closed if a good discussion ensues.

And I like defending Ezri's honour. In order to do that she first needs to be attacked. So, this thread is very useful and deserves to be bumped once every few months.
But she's not being attacked, the OP's intent wasn't to insult Ezri but to rile up Ezri fans, and by taking the thread seriously you are falling into the trap that the OP set. And the worst part is that Evil Ezri wasn't even a good troll, he was one of the most obvious trolls I've ever seen, so there's no reason why anybody should have fallen for that act in the first place. Sadly, months later, some one-post-wonder cadet took it seriously, bumped the thread and since then a number of other people that didn't know that Evil Ezri was a troll have also taken it seriously.
I know that, I remember when EE first showed up and I used to argue with him over in VOY. But I don't care who the OP was. I'm not responding to the OP at all, but to the mostly interesting discussion several pages in. The OP is irrelevant.

TheGodBen wrote: View Post
I suppose I can be a bit edgy sometimes, and I do feel bad about calling J Michael Straczynski a cocksucker
Well I had to stop reading the Bab 5 thread because of spoilers despite the spoiler warnings. I just finished season 4 and when I finish the whole thing I will check out the cocksucker opinion.

"Damnit Spock. God damnit!" Kirk ST:V
■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
Old June 29 2010, 03:07 PM   #183
TheGodBen
Rear Admiral

teacake wrote: View Post
I know that, I remember when EE first showed up and I used to argue with him over in VOY. But I don't care who the OP was. I'm not responding to the OP at all, but to the mostly interesting discussion several pages in. The OP is irrelevant.
But the problem is that this thread was bumped for no reason by someone whose only post on the site was the bump this thread, there was some activity for a few days and then it died down. A few days later people bumped it again to reply to the OP. An actual discussion isn't so bad, I even joined in myself when I criticised Voyager not putting Seven in a standard uniform, but people shouldn't bump this thread to respond to the OP because they're only responding to a troll.

Well I had to stop reading the Bab 5 thread because of spoilers despite the spoiler warnings. I just finished season 4 and when I finish the whole thing I will check out the cocksucker opinion.
Actually, the cocksucker comment was after the very first episode. Back before I came to like the show and somewhat admire JMS.
Old July 1 2010, 09:57 PM   #184
Bones
Commodore

JarodRussell wrote: View Post
The funny thing really is that this thread would have been closed years ago had he asked "Were Leeta's boobs too big?"
I was going to say: one post from Nicole de Boer, and this topic will look like a graveyard of ex-members.
I keep getting banned. If it happens again to the point of no return (and you miss me so much that you're off your food), I can still be found among the cool dudes of the Anorak Zone: http://anorakzoneforum.informe.com/forum/
It's No Gahy Test.
Old July 1 2010, 11:10 PM   #185
King Daniel Into Darkness
Admiral

It would be just so funny if Nicole de Boer and Vengeful Boyfriend showed up right now.
Old July 1 2010, 11:31 PM   #186
flemm
Fleet Captain

KingDaniel wrote: View Post
It would be just so funny if Nicole de Boer and Vengeful Boyfriend showed up right now.

Indeed it would, though in fairness, so many posters have leapt to the defense of Ezri's honor or deplored the sexism of the original post that the thread is really more endearing than anything else overall.
Old July 1 2010, 11:37 PM   #187
ares93
Commodore

USS Bones wrote: View Post
JarodRussell wrote: View Post
The funny thing really is that this thread would have been closed years ago had he asked "Were Leeta's boobs too big?"
I was going to say: one post from Nicole de Boer, and this topic will look like a graveyard of ex-members.
hey, anyone know if she's got a website? maybe there's an email address somewhere. we should invite her. at least we'd get rid of all the haters.

flemm wrote: View Post
Indeed it would, though in fairness, so many posters have leapt to the defense of Ezri's honor or deplored the sexism of the original post that the thread is really more endearing than anything else overall.
quoted for truth.
and as i stated before. two things are constant in the universe. this thread and the Jadzia vs Ezri one.
I find it extremely satisfying watching Jehovah's Witnesses through my window. After all, it takes an RFID lock, a titanium enhanced fireproof door and bullet-resistant glass to keep them out of the building.
Old July 2 2010, 08:07 AM   #188
PKTrekGirl
Arrogant Niner Thug

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to PKTrekGirl

Guys, in light of the recent drama, Bonz wants me to close this one. So that's what I'm doing.

Thanks.

Star Trek XI - "You know, if you have ten extra sombreros lying around, I have an idea on how to improve your current avatar..." - Samuel T. Cogley
Closed Thread