RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 139,670
Members: 24,822
Currently online: 452
Newest member: The Great Duck

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Fandom > Fan Fiction

Fan Fiction Other forums talk about Trek. We make it.

Old May 6 2010, 09:22 PM   #151
Rush Limborg
Vice Admiral

Re: Star Trek: A Rendezvous With Destiny--A Tale of Captain Ezri Dax

ares93 wrote: View Post
Rush Limborg wrote: View Post
Thank you, ares93!
dont mention it :-) i recognize talent when i see it. put it to good use.
Wow. Thanks!

and about the ezri-julian story i agree. ive been trying to "repair" it myself. repairing without compromising the other stories can be a pain but its fun.
Amen and amen. To be honest--many times an episode or book sends me sprawling and squirming, due to some decision that I absolutely HATE! And believe me--never have such strong feelings been stirred in me like that before I learned that Mike and Andy broke up my favorite couple in all of Trek--with the most pathetic excuses in the book!

(Sorry, Mike and Andy. I love your writing, but...was all that really neccesary?)

And do you know what the worst part is?

I'm afraid that David Mack's Zero Sum Game is going to send me sprawling and squirming once again!

(I recommend the readers of this post go to the TrekLit forum, go to the "Typhon Pact Blurbs" thread, and see what I mean. )

mine ended up quite well actually but the english translation was terrible. i must admit, my "literature english" is far from perfect. :-) i should stick to my native tongue...
Well, I wouldn't worry. It took the Russian-born Ayn Rand quite a while before she was satisfied with her "literature English".

Hey--have you considered, once you're satisfied with your translation, posting your tale here?

"Forget it, Jake...it's Chinatown."
Rush Limborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7 2010, 11:25 AM   #152
ares93
Commodore

how do i remove this thing?
I find it extremely satisfying watching Jehovah's Witnesses through my window. After all, it takes an RFID lock, a titanium enhanced fireproof door and bullet-resistant glass to keep them out of the building.
ares93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7 2010, 11:27 AM   #153
ares93
Commodore

ares93 wrote: View Post
Thank you, ares93!
dont mention it :-) i recognize talent when i see it. put it to good use.
Wow. Thanks!

and about the ezri-julian story i agree. ive been trying to "repair" it myself. repairing without compromising the other stories can be a pain but its fun.
Amen and amen. To be honest--many times an episode or book sends me sprawling and squirming, due to some decision that I absolutely HATE! And believe me--never have such strong feelings been stirred in me like that before I learned that Mike and Andy broke up my favorite couple in all of Trek--with the most pathetic excuses in the book!

(Sorry, Mike and Andy. I love your writing, but...was all that really neccesary?)

And do you know what the worst part is?

I'm afraid that David Mack's Zero Sum Game is going to send me sprawling and squirming once again!

(I recommend the readers of this post go to the TrekLit forum, go to the "Typhon Pact Blurbs" thread, and see what I mean. )

mine ended up quite well actually but the english translation was terrible. i must admit, my "literature english" is far from perfect. :-) i should stick to my native tongue...
Well, I wouldn't worry. It took the Russian-born Ayn Rand quite a while before she was satisfied with her "literature English".

Hey--have you considered, once you're satisfied with your translation, posting your tale here?
i dont think i'll read zero sum game. you have no idea what it took to get a hold of fearful and soul key. none of my contacts could get a hold of them. i ended up buying them from china with the google translate grammar. it was bloody terrible i might add.

when i'm satisfied with the translation i see no reason why not to post it. however i dont know how long it will take. i guess my "Literature english" will improve significantly once i move to the states. and just to point out i pretty much killed your aventine storyline sorry... :-)

BTW when is the sequel coming?

rgds
I find it extremely satisfying watching Jehovah's Witnesses through my window. After all, it takes an RFID lock, a titanium enhanced fireproof door and bullet-resistant glass to keep them out of the building.
Old May 7 2010, 12:09 PM   #154
Rush Limborg
Vice Admiral

^To this tale? The "sequal", I think, will be one of my pro books.

"Forget it, Jake...it's Chinatown."
Rush Limborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7 2010, 03:49 PM   #155
ares93
Commodore

yup to this one. very well then, get on with it. i cant wait!
rgds