TV Alert: Shatner TNG Documentary
By: T'Bonz on Aug 25

Forbes Cast In Powers
By: T'Bonz on Aug 22

Dorn To Voice Firefly Character

No ALS Ice Bucket For Saldana

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Fandom > Fan Fiction

Fan Fiction Other forums talk about Trek. We make it.

Old January 5 2010, 02:59 PM   #136
Rush Limborg
Vice Admiral

Re: Star Trek: A Rendezvous With Destiny--A Tale of Captain Ezri Dax

fleetcaptain wrote: View Post
I've been enjoying these stories you have been writing myself too. I think I probably mentioned that in the last few threads somewhere. Have you actually thought of doing some pre Capt Ezri Dax stories? Mostly set on the Aventine before the events of Destiny? I was curious since no one else hasn't really done the battle when she finally receives the captaincy.
Actually, no. I doubt I will, for the simple reason that there's a big possibility that one of the pros will do it, sooner or later.

As I've often implied, I want to make my stories as consistent with the Pro-fic as possible, so...until I become pro, I probably won't write something like that....

Thanks for your comments!

"Forget it, Jake...it's Chinatown."
Rush Limborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6 2010, 12:11 AM   #137
tenmei
Fleet Captain

Oooh, that would actually be very interesting to read.
Old January 6 2010, 12:18 AM   #138
Rush Limborg
Vice Admiral

^Look, if I get a storyline hammered out, I might, but it'll probably be after I go pro.

(BTW...I'll be counting on Y'all to encourage Pocket to publish this tale, when the time comes. )

Old January 6 2010, 12:27 AM   #139
kes7
Fleet Captain

Rush Limborg wrote: View Post
^Look, if I get a storyline hammered out, I might, but it'll probably be after I go pro.

(BTW...I'll be counting on Y'all to encourage Pocket to publish this tale, when the time comes. )
Uhhh, did I miss something? Will they publish if you've already posted it online?
Old January 6 2010, 12:53 AM   #140
tenmei
Fleet Captain

Oh, sorry - didn't see the fourth page and that you'd already posted a reply. I understand your reasons for being hesitant to write a story and post it here if you want to use it when you go pro.
Old January 6 2010, 03:01 AM   #141
Rush Limborg
Vice Admiral

kes7 wrote: View Post

Uhhh, did I miss something? Will they publish if you've already posted it online?
Depends. The folks who'd run Strange New Worlds put in the first volume old fanfics of theirs, in the Because We Can section.

Just to be safe, I have not put my fanfic in Ad Astra, so as to cause as few roadblocks as possible to that effect.

As it were, it actually took me a while before I started putting my short stories on here.

I might be able to go the way of the SNW editors, but then, I might not. I'm just saying....

Old January 6 2010, 04:57 AM   #142
Nerys Ghemor
Vice Admiral

Hmf. That's why I am SO glad I'm not messing with profic--I can do whatever I want.

(Plus I have some major disagreements with the various relaunches, so I'd rather do it myself.)
Old January 9 2010, 08:49 PM   #143
Rush Limborg
Vice Admiral

Oh, I had some disagreements, myself--for one, the Julian/Ezri break-up (of course).

But...I find a great deal of satisfaction in "reparing" the damage, rather than ignoring it.

The limits imposed on me by official TrekLit, I find, actually helps mold my stories--and in some cases, creates them (as is the case here, and in "Of Power...").

Old January 10 2010, 01:13 AM   #144
Nerys Ghemor
Vice Admiral

Hm...for me it's SO much easier to write in my own world, one that I can accept and that makes sense. Writing things I do not accept or "believe" in...I just CAN'T do that; it feels like lying.
Old January 10 2010, 01:52 AM   #145
Rush Limborg
Vice Admiral

^I don't accept, Nerys. I correct. As this tale should indicate...I intend to fix a great deal.

Old January 10 2010, 03:44 AM   #146
Nerys Ghemor
Vice Admiral

I guess I'd rather ditch the whole framework when I don't like it, and start from the ground up.
Old January 10 2010, 04:12 AM   #147
Rush Limborg
Vice Admiral

^Well, I'm not saying both approaches don't have merit--but I'd prefer to go pro, myself. Just an ambition I have, I guess.

Old May 6 2010, 11:19 AM   #148
ares93
Commodore

^Well, I'm not saying both approaches don't have merit--but I'd prefer to go pro, myself. Just an ambition I have, I guess.
sorry about the holy thread resurrection but i just read the story. well most of it at least. and i just wanted to say keep up the good work and you really should go pro.
rgds
I find it extremely satisfying watching Jehovah's Witnesses through my window. After all, it takes an RFID lock, a titanium enhanced fireproof door and bullet-resistant glass to keep them out of the building.
ares93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6 2010, 11:38 AM   #149
Rush Limborg
Vice Admiral

Thank you, ares93!

Old May 6 2010, 04:14 PM   #150
ares93
Commodore

Thank you, ares93!
dont mention it :-) i recognize talent when i see it. put it to good use.

and about the ezri-julian story i agree. ive been trying to "repair" it myself. repairing without compromising the other stories can be a pain but its fun. mine ended up quite well actually but the english translation was terrible. i must admit, my "literature english" is far from perfect. :-) i should stick to my native tongue...
I find it extremely satisfying watching Jehovah's Witnesses through my window. After all, it takes an RFID lock, a titanium enhanced fireproof door and bullet-resistant glass to keep them out of the building.

Last edited by Northern Flatfoot; May 6 2010 at 07:47 PM.
ares93 is offline   Reply With Quote