Sci-Fried To Release New Album
By: T'Bonz on Jul 28

Star Trek/Planet of the Apes Crossover

Star Trek into Darkness Soundtrack

Horse 1, Shatner 0

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Misc. Star Trek > Trek Literature

Trek Literature "...Good words. That's where ideas begin."

Old December 4 2009, 04:33 PM   #1
RookieBatman
Commodore

Question About DVD Comics Collection

Not wishing to get into a discussion about whether comics really count as literature, I think this is the right place to post things about Trek comics...
I've been collecting Star Trek comics for a while, so I kinda have mixed feelings about the complete collection on DVD. But, that's a thought process for a different thread, what I was wondering is about some printing errors that have happened in some of the past Trek comics. I know that in my copies of Wildstorm's "All of Me" one-shot, and a couple TOS stories in Marvel's Unlimited series, there was a wonky printing error, where halfway through the story, earlier pages would just be duplicated, causing the story to be incomplete. I know that the DVD colllections are just straightforward scans (not processed like a print anthology would be), so I'm kinda worried that they might have scanned in some of the ones with the printing error and not realized it. I'm assuming that not every copy of "All of Me" or the other problematic issues had this problem, so hopefully they got their hands on the good ones. But, has anyone run into any problems like this in the digital copies?
Old December 4 2009, 05:28 PM   #2
seigezunt
Vice Admiral

Location: Splashing on some Tiberius before a night on the town
Re: Question About DVD Comics Collection

I regret they didn't put more care into the scanning, but it's still great to have together all these comics that otherwise would not be available, and would take up a lot of shelf space.
I am constantly surprised by the close-mindedness of some fans...this means change as well as a positive attitude. Without those things, how can we ever achieve that Trek future we enjoyed so much on TV? --Bjo Trimble
seigezunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4 2009, 07:23 PM   #3
Christopher
Writer

The only printing error I recall from the DVD is in issue 3 of Marvel's Star Trek Unlimited, where one of the sheets was missing so that both of the stories in the issue were missing two pages each. I don't remember any duplicate pages.

And yes, this is the forum for ST comics discussions. Always has been.

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4 2009, 09:11 PM   #4
Therin of Andor
Admiral

View Therin of Andor's Twitter Profile

RookieBatman wrote: View Post
I kinda have mixed feelings about the complete collection on DVD.
A friend in the USA ran across a couple of the Star Trek Complete Comic Collection discs at Fry's Electronics while doing some shopping on Black Friday. They were on deep clearance for $1.73 each!

I'm assuming that not every copy of "All of Me" or the other problematic issues had this problem, so hopefully they got their hands on the good ones.
I don't recall problems with "All of Me". I have both the single issue and the omnibus trade including it. Haven't bothered much with my DVD collection, since the only ST comics I've never read before are a few of the Gold Keys and all the UK strips.
Therin of Andor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6 2009, 10:44 PM   #5
lstyer
Lieutenant Commander

I got a copy for Christmas last year, and I've loved having it. To be honest, I've just looked at an issue here and there rather than really reading complete runs, but I've definitely had fun with it, and I love being able to check out specific comics when I hear about them online.
lstyer is offline   Reply With Quote