Klingon Bloodwine To Debut
By: T'Bonz on Nov 25

Trek Actors In War Of The Worlds Fundraiser
By: T'Bonz on Nov 25

Star Trek: The Next Generation Gag Reel Tease
By: T'Bonz on Nov 24

Shatner In Haven
By: T'Bonz on Nov 24

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > Enterprise

Enterprise The final frontier has a new beginning in this forum!

Old October 13 2009, 09:23 AM   #1
nx1701g
Admiral

Guinan

Recently I was reading Memory Alpha and came across this:

Memory Alpha:
Guinan was slated to appear in an episode planned for the unproduced fifth season of Star Trek: Enterprise entitled "The Treatment". Under the assumed name "Claranna", she would have been acting personal assistant of the head of the United Earth Space Probe Agency. More of her background would have been revealed, including what she was doing there since the time of Mark Twain.
So does anyone know if this is true and, if it was, what do you think of the idea?
Old October 13 2009, 10:35 AM   #2
RichMerk
Captain

View RichMerk's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to RichMerk Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to RichMerk Send a message via Yahoo to RichMerk
Re: Guinan

I was always very curious about the exchange between Guinan and Q in that episode where Q sends the Enterprise to meet the Borg for the first time. (I forget the title.) Q seemed to know something about her, and the way she squared off against Q made it seem like she would actually be able to put up a fight. I always wondered if she was more than she seemed. In later episodes she was just an ordinary El-Aurian, but was something more planned originally? Maybe the ENT episodes could have shed a little light on this.
RichMerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13 2009, 02:02 PM   #3
SFRabid
Commodore

It would have been nice to see her in ENT. I always thought they were going two different directions with Guinan. With the Q stories she is mysterious and maybe powerful. With the Borg her planet was taken and her people helpless and scattered.
SFRabid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13 2009, 03:37 PM   #4
JiNX-01
Admiral

View JiNX-01's Twitter Profile

I don't know if it's true, but it would have been cool.
-- Mahatma Gandhi --
JiNX-01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13 2009, 04:10 PM   #5
Reanok
Commodore

I like Guinan that would've been an interesting show to see.
Reanok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13 2009, 05:12 PM   #6
Kegg
Rear Admiral

It'd be head-scracthing to understand how she'd aged by ENT but had been basically the same age in the 19th, 23rd and 24th centuries.

As for the idea itself, it's really pure S4, an idea made for sheer fanboyism. As such I get the feeling I may have liked the result, much as I liked S4. (Indeed, honestly, most of what I've heard about S5 sounded like a swell idea.)
Old October 13 2009, 05:13 PM   #7
KimMH
Rear Admiral

I would also have liked to see Guinan make an appearance. I like the idea of her being mysterious and powerful and really really old.
Old October 14 2009, 03:46 AM   #8
RandyS
Vice Admiral

View RandyS's Twitter Profile

oldstredshrtevr wrote: View Post
I would also have liked to see Guinan make an appearance. I like the idea of her being mysterious and powerful and really really old.
Another vote here.
RandyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15 2009, 04:50 AM   #9
USS Excelsior
Commodore

And the different name would have been consistent with Q saying is that what you call yourself now in Q Who.

Another idea for an episode could be to find is to have another episode with Arik Soong where on his quest to now develop artificial lifeforms he finds Data's head, it gets turned on for the episode and switched off before they put it back in that cavern.
USS Excelsior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15 2009, 04:57 PM   #10
Wes-Cutting
Lieutenant

USS Excelsior wrote: View Post
And the different name would have been consistent with Q saying is that what you call yourself now in Q Who.

Another idea for an episode could be to find is to have another episode with Arik Soong where on his quest to now develop artificial lifeforms he finds Data's head, it gets turned on for the episode and switched off before they put it back in that cavern.

That would have been a good two or three parter. You bring in Guinan/Q/Data all into one. Q and Guinan first meet and Data is woken up because Guinan knows where his head. She takes Soong to see what his children's child would make in a few centuries. And Q is there just cause he can be. Although I am not really sure where the Enterprise would be in the episode...
"I also like to count things, and on Voyager I counted the number of photon torpedoes they fired (96 from a supply of 38), shuttles they lost (16) and the number of times we saw Ensign Kim die (a disappointing 3 times)."

Last edited by Wes-Cutting; October 15 2009 at 08:44 PM.
Wes-Cutting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15 2009, 06:39 PM   #11
Finn
Vice Admiral

USS Excelsior wrote: View Post

But they were certain nobody was in that cavern since the late 19th Century. But again, they didn't say how they determined that.
Finn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15 2009, 09:15 PM   #12
USS Excelsior
Commodore

You can imagine the outcry there would have been when accusing them of trying to force TNG into the show in any way possible, there was enough flack about the Ferengi and the Borg.

Maybe in that same arc we would see Q dealing with Guinan and interact with the Enterprise crew but to make it legitimate Q wouldn't mention his name.
USS Excelsior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15 2009, 10:30 PM   #13
Glacial
Lieutenant

I was most excited to hear about Shatner agreeing to do a Season 5 cameo as Chef. That would've been glorious.
Old October 16 2009, 08:21 PM   #14
FormerLurker
Fleet Captain

I always got the feeling that Guinan was only with the El Aurians, not that she actually was one. So Soren lived to be about 150. Most of the races in ST live longer than humans do. But we know that Guinan is at least 600 years old, as she's over 100 in the 19th century. And is probably over 1000. She may have been depressed or something, and that's why she was trying to get into the Nexus.
FormerLurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 20 2009, 07:08 PM   #15
Alrik
Rear Admiral

FormerLurker wrote: View Post
I always got the feeling that Guinan was only with the El Aurians, not that she actually was one. So Soren lived to be about 150. Most of the races in ST live longer than humans do. But we know that Guinan is at least 600 years old, as she's over 100 in the 19th century. And is probably over 1000. She may have been depressed or something, and that's why she was trying to get into the Nexus.
Small correction here, Guinan wasn't trying to get into the Nexus. The El Aurian ships got caught in the energy ribbon and sent out a distress call. That's why the E-B had to come to the rescue. She, as well as the other survivors, got beamed aboard just before the El Aurian ship blew up. It was their brief time within the ribbon that let them experience what the Nexus was all about, but when the transporter grabbed them, they were ripped back into reality.
Alrik is offline   Reply With Quote