Klingon Bloodwine To Debut
By: T'Bonz on Nov 25

Trek Actors In War Of The Worlds Fundraiser
By: T'Bonz on Nov 25

Star Trek: The Next Generation Gag Reel Tease
By: T'Bonz on Nov 24

Shatner In Haven
By: T'Bonz on Nov 24

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > Star Trek - Original Series

Star Trek - Original Series The one that started it all...

Old September 14 2009, 11:37 PM   #1
ToddPence
Fleet Captain

Guest stars who appeared together in a TOS episode . . .

Actors who appeared together in a TOS episode who also appeared together in another TV episode or movie. Here's some I can think of off the top of my head:

Paul Carr and Paul Fix, from "Where No Man Has Gone Before" also appear together in The Six Million Dollar Man episode "Population Zero".

Harry Townes and Jon Lormer, from "Return of the Archons" also appear together in The Fugitive episode "Tug of War".

Don Marshall and John Crawford from "The Galileo Seven" also appear together in The Incredible Hulk episode "The Hulk Breaks Las Vegas".

Steve Ihnat and Yvonne Craig from "Whom Gods Destroy" also appear together in the movie "In Like Flint".

I'm sure there must be at least a few more.
ToddPence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 15 2009, 01:25 AM   #2
Christopher
Writer

Re: Guest stars who appeared together in a TOS episode . . .

Depending on how you define "together," Eddie Paskey appeared in Mission: Impossible alongside the following actors he shared a Trek episode with:

In M:I: "Pilot" with Blaisdell Makee ("Space Seed" and "The Changeling")
In M:I: "The Ransom" with Don Marshall ("The Galileo Seven"), William Smithers ("Bread and Circuses"), Vic Tayback ("A Piece of the Action"), and Jack Donner ("The Enterprise Incident")
In M:I: "The Carriers" with George Takei (many episodes) and Barry Russo ("The Devil in the Dark" and "The Ultimate Computer") (at least according to IMDb; I don't recall seeing Paskey in the episode)

Takei and Russo also count, since they were both in "The Ultimate Computer."

There may well be others; M:I had the same casting director as ST and so they shared a lot of actors.

Are we only counting Trek guest stars? Shatner and Nimoy first appeared together in The Man From Uncle: "The Project Strigas Affair." Shatner and Walter Koenig were both in Columbo: "Fade In to Murder."

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 15 2009, 01:29 AM   #3
Kelso
Vice Admiral

View Kelso's Twitter Profile

ToddPence wrote: View Post
Paul Carr and Paul Fix, from "Where No Man Has Gone Before" also appear together in The Six Million Dollar Man episode "Population Zero".
Carr also guested in several episodes of The Rifleman... where Fix was a regular.
Kelso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 15 2009, 01:44 AM   #4
ToddPence
Fleet Captain

I didn't consider Trek regular performers for this list, since it is not at all uncommon to have a Trek regular appear in a project in which a one-or-two time Trek guest star also occurred. I meant that two guest stars who were not regulars in either series guested together in a Trek episode and then just happened to guest together in an episode of another series (or a movie).

But to add to the list of Trek regulars appearing together in other projects, Shatner and Takei were in a Bob Hope Chrysler Theatre together.
Old September 15 2009, 04:46 PM   #5
AtoZ
Commander

Christopher wrote: View Post
Depending on how you define "together," Eddie Paskey appeared in Mission: Impossible alongside the following actors he shared a Trek episode with:

In M:I: "Pilot" with Blaisdell Makee ("Space Seed" and "The Changeling")
In M:I: "The Ransom" with Don Marshall ("The Galileo Seven"), William Smithers ("Bread and Circuses"), Vic Tayback ("A Piece of the Action"), and Jack Donner ("The Enterprise Incident")
In M:I: "The Carriers" with George Takei (many episodes) and Barry Russo ("The Devil in the Dark" and "The Ultimate Computer") (at least according to IMDb; I don't recall seeing Paskey in the episode)

Takei and Russo also count, since they were both in "The Ultimate Computer."

There may well be others; M:I had the same casting director as ST and so they shared a lot of actors.

Are we only counting Trek guest stars? Shatner and Nimoy first appeared together in The Man From Uncle: "The Project Strigas Affair." Shatner and Walter Koenig were both in Columbo: "Fade In to Murder."
I did not know that Eddie appeared in Mission Impossible. That just goes to show that the quiet ones get all the action!
AtoZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 15 2009, 06:39 PM   #6
Christopher
Writer

AtoZ wrote: View Post
I did not know that Eddie appeared in Mission Impossible.
Oh yeah. His best role was in "The Ransom." He was actually on the IMF team that week! In the first season or two, they often brought in guest operatives to work alongside some or all of the regulars, and he got to be one of them. What's more, his role on the mission was to be... a stand-in! He took the place of the person the team had to abduct, so that nobody would discover the switch. His role on the mission was just to lie there silently with his face hidden and pretend to be another guy. So I kind of like to imagine that Paskey was playing himself -- that the IMF recruited accomplished stand-in Eddie Paskey to do the job he did best!

And I wouldn't be surprised if Paskey had more uncredited M:I appearances as a stuntman.

Old September 15 2009, 10:27 PM   #7
seigezunt
Vice Admiral

Location: Splashing on some Tiberius before a night on the town

Nimoy was on TJ Hooker once.
I am constantly surprised by the close-mindedness of some fans...this means change as well as a positive attitude. Without those things, how can we ever achieve that Trek future we enjoyed so much on TV? --Bjo Trimble
seigezunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 16 2009, 12:53 AM   #8
KeepOnTrekking
Commodore

^ Not to mention that Shatner & NImoy first appeared together in a Man from U.N.C.L.E. episode called "The Project Strigas Affair."
KeepOnTrekking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 16 2009, 02:08 AM   #9
Christopher
Writer

^Which I did mention in post #2.

Old September 16 2009, 02:30 AM   #10
gottacook
Commander

When Malachi Throne was a regular on It Takes a Thief and Gene Coon was producer (early 1968 to mid-'69), many Trek guest stars appeared in different episodes, including Steve Ihnat (with an accent), Yvonne Craig, Ricardo Montalban, Kate Woodville, Nancy Kovack, and Keye Luke. (I've seen most of the episodes in question since getting over-the-air digital TV in early summer - they're on auxiliary station RTV, which shows only old Universal Studios series.)
gottacook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 16 2009, 03:22 AM   #11
Christopher
Writer

I saw Kate Woodville in a Mission: Impossible episode recently, and all through the episode, I was sure I recognized her voice and her face, but I just couldn't place her until I saw her name in the end credits. I just didn't quite recognize her without the big Natira hair.

But she didn't co-star in that episode with any Trek guests, so that's off-topic.

Old September 16 2009, 11:35 PM   #12
ToddPence
Fleet Captain

Yeah, there's several instances where a Trek guest star was a regular on another series where several other Trek guest stars appeared. Of course, the one example that immediately comes to my mind is "Route 66" with Glenn Corbett. Here's the rundown:

"Fifty Miles From Home" - Susan Oliver
"Build Your Houses With Their Backs to the Sea" - William Shatner and Louise Sorel (watch clip here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHRC6YlmqPw)
"And Make Thunder His Tribute" - Alfred Ryder, Michael J. Pollard, Lou Antonio
"I'm Here to Kill the King" - Arnold Moss
"Where There's a Will, There's a Way" - Roger C. Carmel (playing a flamboyant confidence swindler which must have been the prototype of the Harry Mudd character).
Old September 17 2009, 08:55 PM   #13
seigezunt
Vice Admiral

Location: Splashing on some Tiberius before a night on the town

Christopher wrote: View Post
^Which I did mention in post #2.
Isn't it enough for you that I read your books? Now I have to read your posts, too?

My bad.
I am constantly surprised by the close-mindedness of some fans...this means change as well as a positive attitude. Without those things, how can we ever achieve that Trek future we enjoyed so much on TV? --Bjo Trimble
seigezunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21 2009, 01:28 AM   #14
ToddPence
Fleet Captain

Here's one I just found: Warren Stevens and Julie Cobb, from "By Any Other Name", together in the Marcus Welby, MD episode "The Fruitfulness of Mrs. Steffi Rhodes".
Old September 21 2009, 08:31 PM   #15
ToddPence
Fleet Captain

And here is yet another one I forgot to mention: Jeanne Bal and Vince Howard from "The Man Trap" both appeared together in several episodes of Mr. Novak (a series with a LOT of Trek connections), playing regulars on that show.