RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 137,794
Posts: 5,325,574
Members: 24,548
Currently online: 679
Newest member: wrestlefreak36

TrekToday headlines

Seven of Nine Bobble Head
By: T'Bonz on Jul 9

Pegg The Prankster
By: T'Bonz on Jul 9

More Trek Stars Join Unbelievable!!!!!
By: T'Bonz on Jul 8

Star Trek #35 Preview
By: T'Bonz on Jul 8

New ThinkGeek Trek Apparel
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

Star Trek Movie Prop Auction
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

Drexler: NX Engineering Room Construction
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

New Trek Home Fashions
By: T'Bonz on Jul 4

Star Trek Pop-Ups Book Preview
By: T'Bonz on Jul 3

Cho: More On Selfie
By: T'Bonz on Jul 3


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > Deep Space Nine

Deep Space Nine What We Left Behind, we will always have here.

View Poll Results: How do you feel about Voyager?
I love Voyager, both it and DS9 are excellent 13 8.39%
I like Voyager, but I prefer DS9 56 36.13%
Voyager was okay, I have no strong feelings 27 17.42%
I disliked Voyager, DS9 was the superior show 42 27.10%
I loath Voyager, it ruined my life 10 6.45%
I'm not a Niner but I want to vote in this poll 7 4.52%
Voters: 155. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old November 4 2009, 04:23 AM   #166
Anwar
Vice Admiral
 
Anwar's Avatar
 
Location: Regina, SK, Canada
Re: How do Niners feel about Voyager?

TheGodBen wrote: View Post
Sure do.
Glad we agree on that.

Jebus Christi Anwar, can you please try to keep your criticisms based on things I say?
I have.

I could claim that all Voyager fans are Niner-bashers based upon my experiences with you, but I know that's not true for all Voyager fans or even a majority, so I have no sensible reason to do so.
Or it could be because you know it's not a good idea to further criticize a group that's already taken a lot of undeserved abuse and criticism for over a decade.

Do you agree that this is the civilised and acceptable way of treating other groups of people?
Yes, being a Muslim myself I can see the logic in that. Too bad I can say from personal experience it's not our reality.

And the fact still remains that more people remember Neelix bashing way back in the 90s than don't.
The volcanic hatred that erupted after the show ended resulted in revisionist history that made it seem like he was always totally despised. A fandom meta-retcon if you will.

Once again, please reply to what I actually say rather than some made up BS. I said that I would have no problem with you criticising DS9 the television show
And I'm saying you would.

don't claim that I forced you to keep on responding against your will.
For decency's sake, I DO have to even if it's against my will. Want me to stop, "grow up" and walk away from this then you're going to have to grow up and deal with this being a draw and neither of us changing our opinions.

If you agree to that, then it's done and over.
Anwar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4 2009, 05:00 AM   #167
Kestrel
Vice Admiral
 
Kestrel's Avatar
 
Location: East Tennessee
Re: How do Niners feel about Voyager?

Mmm... popcorn...

Anwar's reminding me of a certain... Don...

Also, I don't know why you guys aren't aware of the vast Internet Voyager-hating conspiracy that I and other Niners are a part of. We report to the same people who are organizing the FEMA Camps and serve on the Universal Health Care Death Panels. Did you just miss the memo?
__________________
"If Romeo had just masturbated a couple of times a week he would have saved both those nice families a heap of trouble."
Kestrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4 2009, 05:02 AM   #168
Anwar
Vice Admiral
 
Anwar's Avatar
 
Location: Regina, SK, Canada
Re: How do Niners feel about Voyager?

Hey Kestral, you stopped commenting on my Voyager rewrite. What gives man? At least tell me you don't like where I took the show!
Anwar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4 2009, 05:04 AM   #169
Kestrel
Vice Admiral
 
Kestrel's Avatar
 
Location: East Tennessee
Re: How do Niners feel about Voyager?

Hmm? Oh, sorry, I actually haven't been back to the thread in quite some time. I did enjoy where you were taking it though, I'll make a point of checking it out again soon.
__________________
"If Romeo had just masturbated a couple of times a week he would have saved both those nice families a heap of trouble."
Kestrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4 2009, 08:17 AM   #170
PKTrekGirl
Arrogant Niner Thug
 
PKTrekGirl's Avatar
 
Location: Anchorage, Alaska
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to PKTrekGirl
Re: How do Niners feel about Voyager?

RyuRoots wrote: View Post
Anwar wrote: View Post
Every fandom has its bizarre fringe groups.
And thus Anwar explains himself, even if he's not a 'group'.
Anwar wrote: View Post
Heh, I knew Niners were going to try and twist that around.

Stop this sort of thing - both of you.

Anwar, BOTH of your statements quoted above - one of them a personal slam at GodBen and the other a personal slam at Niners as a fan group, are unacceptable. You are on course for getting a warning, as discussed. In fact, I should give you one for that last remark right now, given all the time we devoted to your drama. Please be on notice that ANY further generalized remarks slamming DS9 fans WILL net you a warning. You are fresh OUT of chances on this issue. Zero tolerance from now on. End of discussion.

RyuRoots - your statement was a dig at Anwar. Please don't do it again.
__________________
DS9 on DVD - Now 99.923% Borg-Free!

Star Trek XI - "You know, if you have ten extra sombreros lying around, I have an idea on how to improve your current avatar..." - Samuel T. Cogley
PKTrekGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4 2009, 08:26 AM   #171
PKTrekGirl
Arrogant Niner Thug
 
PKTrekGirl's Avatar
 
Location: Anchorage, Alaska
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to PKTrekGirl
Re: How do Niners feel about Voyager?

Anwar wrote: View Post
If he stops badmouthing Niners and other people who just plain didn't like Voyager then I would not have a problem with him.
In other words, I'd be okay if I was just another DS9-worshiping VOY/TNG/ENT Hater and I didn't point out the unfairness of the situation. Real great life there .
Here is ANOTHER one of these sorts of remarks, Anwar.

Since I'm catching it on the same sweep, I count is part of the other friendly I just gave you. But if you make another remark like this - taking shots at this fan group (as opposed to the show itself), you WILL be warned...and further, reported to Bonz, who has indicated to me that if you do not stop this poor-pitiful-me-victim-of-Niners routine, you will be looking at a ban from this board.

Now, that is the direction you are headed. Whether you continue to be allowed to participate on TrekBBS is entirely up to you. But I can tell you - not just I, but the entire staff of this board - up to and including Bonz, has had about enough of this.
__________________
DS9 on DVD - Now 99.923% Borg-Free!

Star Trek XI - "You know, if you have ten extra sombreros lying around, I have an idea on how to improve your current avatar..." - Samuel T. Cogley
PKTrekGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4 2009, 08:36 AM   #172
RyuRoots
Fleet Captain
 
RyuRoots's Avatar
 
Location: Ul'Dah
View RyuRoots's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to RyuRoots
Re: How do Niners feel about Voyager?

I apologize. I will do my best to practice restraint in the future.
__________________
Star Trek: 1987-Present
RyuRoots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4 2009, 10:52 AM   #173
Kegg
Rear Admiral
 
Kegg's Avatar
 
Location: Ireland.
Re: How do Niners feel about Voyager?

Anwar wrote: View Post
With all the websites and online I was in contact with along with the real-life ones, no. Unless said "fringe" is far more than a fringe. Neelix was not considered the spawn of Satan when VOY was on.
But that's exactly the position I was in which you characterise as fringe. Either I'm the fringe or you are, and my fringe oddly enough included the TrekBBS, and apparently includes others in this thread than me (if we count GodBen's fan group, and why not? They's Trekkies like everyone else.)

Again what I find perplexing is not your assertion people liked Neelix, but that substanial amounts did not hate him until post-Endgame. If that were the case, boy, the TrekBBS had one extremely vocal minority who were rarely if ever countermanded, and this apparently resulted in them becoming a majority after the series was over.

I recognise you might not have come across Neelix bashing for whatever reason (it's a big internet), but that's no reason to adamantly stand by a solipsistic viewpoint since because you didn't witness it it never existed.
__________________
'Spock is always right, even when he's wrong. It's the tone of voice, the supernatural reasonability; this is not a man like us; this is a god.'
- Philip K. Dick
Kegg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4 2009, 01:38 PM   #174
Anwar
Vice Admiral
 
Anwar's Avatar
 
Location: Regina, SK, Canada
Re: How do Niners feel about Voyager?

Apparently the fringe you think I was a part of was more than a fringe as well, though I do agree that TrekBBS has some really vocal minorities. I never ran into TOS fans who hated the rest of Trek until I came here.

Look, I think we'll just have to call it a draw on the Neelix issue. I say that he wasn't widespread hated until towards the end of the show, and you say he was. Let's just leave it at that.
Anwar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4 2009, 03:30 PM   #175
TheGodBen
Rear Admiral
 
TheGodBen's Avatar
 
Location: Ireland
Re: How do Niners feel about Voyager?

Anwar wrote: View Post
Glad we agree on that.
Apparently we do. There's nothing wrong with criticism, if nobody was critical of things in Star Trek we'd have very little reason to have Trek message boards. Some of the best conversations I've had on this board are with people who disagree with me.

Jebus Christi Anwar, can you please try to keep your criticisms based on things I say?
I have.
I consider DS9 and nuBSG to be nearly flawless? I advocated killing off the entire Voyager cast? I've said that Voyager was one of the worst shows of all time?

I'm pretty sure that all those things you've said are not true, and I'm in a good position to know that because I've lived in my head for 23 years and I've got a pretty good handle on what things are like in here.

Or it could be because you know it's not a good idea to further criticize a group that's already taken a lot of undeserved abuse and criticism for over a decade.
Or it could be because I don't treat you as a Voyager fan, I treat you as an individual just like I do with everyone else on this board.

Yes, being a Muslim myself I can see the logic in that. Too bad I can say from personal experience it's not our reality.
The incivility of a minority does not give you carte blanche to act the same way towards others. If you want to prove that you're better than someone like that then you provide them with the respect that they don't show you.

The volcanic hatred that erupted after the show ended resulted in revisionist history that made it seem like he was always totally despised. A fandom meta-retcon if you will.
Why? Why would a group of people go to the trouble of inventing a hatred for a character on a television show? Hell, why would they invent a hatred for a TV show? Can you provide a logical reason as to why anybody would do that?

And I'm saying you would.
And I'm saying that I don't, which is why you can search this board and find that people criticise DS9 in various threads and I don't jump down their throats insulting them. Go ahead, find me the posts where I attack people for not liking DS9. I've been on this board for almost a year, surely you should be able to find a dozen or so if your claims about me are true.

For decency's sake, I DO have to even if it's against my will. Want me to stop, "grow up" and walk away from this then you're going to have to grow up and deal with this being a draw and neither of us changing our opinions.

If you agree to that, then it's done and over.
A draw? This isn't a competition Anwar, I'm not doing this to win points or to win a worthless argument on the internet, I'm doing this purely to get you to stop badmouthing people who don't share the same likes and dislikes that you do. You came into this thread and disrespected everyone who voted in this poll by claiming they are lying or ignoring that they exist at all. I'm not walking away from my own thread, I am going to defend it from your baseless attacks until the gods or PKTrekGirl stops me.

I'm not interested in anything short of getting you to stop.

Now I'm going to give you a piece of advice here Anwar: Apparently my comments irritate you enough to respond to me even though you want to stop, and when you do respond you eventually fall back on the "evil Niner/hater" shtick which has gotten you in trouble with the mods. Apparently you're in danger of being banned for this, so if you want to keep on posting on this board you might want to consider setting me to ignore. I promise I wont take offence.
__________________
...so many different suns...
TheGodBen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4 2009, 03:37 PM   #176
Kegg
Rear Admiral
 
Kegg's Avatar
 
Location: Ireland.
Re: How do Niners feel about Voyager?

Anwar wrote: View Post
Apparently the fringe you think I was a part of was more than a fringe as well, though I do agree that TrekBBS has some really vocal minorities. I never ran into TOS fans who hated the rest of Trek until I came here.
Well I've met people who only really liked the first series (and vice versa, folks who are just fans of the newer shows - or even just DS9), but yeah, I haven't met anyone who loathed TNG. Probably because they weren't as darnedly passionate as a lot of netizens are, I'd suppose.
__________________
'Spock is always right, even when he's wrong. It's the tone of voice, the supernatural reasonability; this is not a man like us; this is a god.'
- Philip K. Dick
Kegg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4 2009, 08:02 PM   #177
flemm
Fleet Captain
 
Re: How do Niners feel about Voyager?

J. Allen wrote: View Post
Jesus Christ, you think people had guns to their heads, that this was just the most important drama in the world. Seriously, be an adult and walk away, and do it before a Mod comes in here and decides to make the choice for you. Put each other on ignore if you want, but knock it off.


J.
LoL! Didn't you set the standard for internet ego wars at something like 100 pages somewhere earlier in the thread?

Physician, heal thyself
flemm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4 2009, 10:06 PM   #178
J. Allen
Best Pony™
 
J. Allen's Avatar
 
Location: United States
Send a message via ICQ to J. Allen Send a message via AIM to J. Allen Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to J. Allen Send a message via Yahoo to J. Allen
Re: How do Niners feel about Voyager?

flemm wrote: View Post
J. Allen wrote: View Post
Jesus Christ, you think people had guns to their heads, that this was just the most important drama in the world. Seriously, be an adult and walk away, and do it before a Mod comes in here and decides to make the choice for you. Put each other on ignore if you want, but knock it off.


J.
LoL! Didn't you set the standard for internet ego wars at something like 100 pages somewhere earlier in the thread?

Physician, heal thyself
1) The Neutral Zone
2) It involved more than myself (who stepped out after a while)
3) Not relevant to this particular instance.
4) Don't draw attention to yourself.

J.
__________________
:: :: ::
Visit Brony Kingdom, where all of your wildest dreams will come true.
:: :: ::
-=- My Patron Saint is Twilight Sparkle -=-
J. Allen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4 2009, 10:22 PM   #179
flemm
Fleet Captain
 
Re: How do Niners feel about Voyager?

J. Allen wrote: View Post
1) The Neutral Zone
2) It involved more than myself (who stepped out after a while)
3) Not relevant to this particular instance.
4) Don't draw attention to yourself.

J.
I'm sure that other thread was entirely different in every respect and that you conducted yourself in a mature manner from start to finish. Truly you are an example to us all, a shining light of the forums
flemm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4 2009, 11:25 PM   #180
Pemmer Harge
Fleet Captain
 
Location: Between the candle and the star
Re: How do Niners feel about Voyager?

Why are Niners supposed to be the big Voyager haters? It's only an impression, but it seems to me that Enterprise fans actually criticise Voyager more, if only in a "everyone slags off Enterprise, but I think it was better than Voyager" way. Not that there's anything wrong with a bit of slagging off.
__________________
"I hate purity, I hate goodness! I don't want any virtue to exist anywhere. I want everyone to be corrupt to the bones." - Winston Smith
Pemmer Harge is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
niners

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:21 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.