Shatner In Haven
By: T'Bonz on Nov 24

Retro Review: Covenant
By: Michelle on Nov 22

Two Official Starships Collection Previews
By: T'Bonz on Nov 21

Saldana: Women Issues In Hollywood
By: T'Bonz on Nov 21

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Battlestar Galactica & Caprica

Battlestar Galactica & Caprica This forum was created by man. It rebelled. It evolved. And it has a plan.

View Poll Results: Grade the movie...
Excellent 22 14.38%
Above Average 55 35.95%
Average 48 31.37%
Below Average 21 13.73%
Poor 7 4.58%
Voters: 153. You may not vote on this poll

Old October 26 2009, 05:19 PM   #136
spocksbrain
Lieutenant Commander

Re: The Plan - Grading & Discussion

No, what Cavil says, "You shouldn't need air," which is different from "You don't need air." He is pointing out that, as machines, they should not have this particular human weakness in an ideal universe. Or, in other words, he is noting, with disgust, that he is stuck in a human-like body for no reason he can understand.
Old October 26 2009, 05:41 PM   #137
The Evil Dead
Vice Admiral

View The Evil Dead's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to The Evil Dead

Oh my mistake.
Old October 27 2009, 03:12 AM   #138
ncc74302
Captain

Send a message via AIM to ncc74302 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to ncc74302 Send a message via Yahoo to ncc74302

TheGhoulBen wrote: View Post
Saul's Eye wrote: View Post
I love his music but I felt it's too upbeat for such a scene. I thought it's being too cool and stylish about the destruction of a civilisation.
The Plan is told from the point of view of the Cylons, and at that time the destruction of the colonies was a massive triumph for them. We've already seen the destruction of the colonies from the colonial point of view in the miniseries, and the music in the miniseries was appropriately downbeat.
I am sure Bear will write a blog entry after The Plan hits stores with a blow by blow of the score, and I'm sure he'll explain his rationale here.
Old October 27 2009, 08:33 PM   #139
Saul
Rear Admiral

Checkmate wrote: View Post
She still stuck wires into her arm and could communicate with Cylon Raiders and download her consciousness into another body, she was stronger than normal humans, there were many copies of her and her spine glowed. So I do distinguish her apart from Humans. Also what happened to Boomers other personality after this is never shown. I think explaining how she was a sleeper agent is not much of an explaination, at least for a machine that can do so much more. Hypnotherapy won't make you do what you don't want to do.
All of that was negated to nonsense or drug-induced barminess due to the fact that it was apparently impossible to distinguish them from humans.
Where was this negated to nonsense or drug induced barminess? It was seen on screen by other characters.

And if someone could plug into a computer cable by shoving it into a vein, there had to be some kind of hint that something was off since, you know, a human can't friggin' do that. Ditto for the spine.
Lets not forgot that they can control ships by placing their hands in water. Shall we ignore that too?

Likewise a friggin' robot with all of those features would not be sexually compatible with a normal human.
Tell that to people trying to make robot sex dolls.

The consciousness download and cloning were all independent technologies not even developed (or capable of being developed by, apparently) the Cylons.
The Cylons who were already testing the creation of Human looking cylons with the hybirds when the final five found them.

Including the skinjobs. It's also a technology that comes up quite a bit in sci-fi, so it hardly had to be limited to a robot.
In this series it was. We aren't bringing other sci-fi into it.

And sorry, but if you have the technology to not only download and transfer your consciousness from one body to another, as well as creating brand new consciousnesses from scratch, you also have the technology to alter those consciousnesses to your whim.
Yes surely they could come up with something more technologically advanced than a friggin toy horse. Unless you are hanging around with rednecks, who might beat you over the head with the first thing they see rather than using a gun.

vampgrrl wrote: View Post
vampgrrl wrote: View Post
So don't buy it on Tuesday.
Wow, great comeback.
Why would I need to make a comeback..you've made up your mind you don't like it and I've explained why I disagreed.
So what has telling me not to buy it got to do with it? If you don't like my opinion then as you might say, don't read it.
Old October 27 2009, 08:37 PM   #140
vedek
Commander

View vedek's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to vedek Send a message via AIM to vedek Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to vedek Send a message via Yahoo to vedek

Yawwwwnnn....saw it. All it seemed to me to be is a recap of the entire series. I voted Average, although my finger was on below average. I think I am DONE with the new Galactica. Bring on Caprica and lets see what it can do.
Old October 27 2009, 08:53 PM   #141
Checkmate
Commodore

Where was this negated to nonsense or drug induced barminess? It was seen on screen by other characters.
The glowing spine was never seen by anyone and was never shown again. I believe the writer's even mentioned what a upid and embarrassing idea it was. You'll also note that we never saw the plug-wires-into-your-vein move again throughout the rest of the series, despite it being a pretty damn useful ability in a number of places. The least of which was in The Plan when all those Cylon skinjobs were desperate to sabotage the ship.

Lets not forgot that they can control ships by placing their hands in water. Shall we ignore that too?
No, why should we? Who says humans can't do it, too? We never saw one even try, though I think Baltar came close once. That said, it looked like some kind of biometric technology to me. We have similar technology already, such as touch pads and braille.

Tell that to people trying to make robot sex dolls.
Apparently you don't understand the phrase "sexually compatible." It doesn't mean you can fuck it. It means you can reproduce with it. You can't even do that with a chimpanzee and they're all but identical to us genetically. And the tiny differences are more than noticable enough, unless you really dig short, hairy chicks with big ears. And despite that gross difference in appearance caused by such a miniscule change in the genetic code, I'm pretty sure chimps don't have glowy spines or the ability to shove wires in their veins and interface with computers.

The Cylons who were already testing the creation of Human looking cylons with the hybirds when the final five found them.
Ah, so in your mind all it takes is desire to make a technology work. I gotcha. Well, in that case, I wish I'd have mastered time travel, an immortality formula and the ability to print $100 bills out of my ass. Therefore it's my technology because I wish I had it!

In this series it was. We aren't bringing other sci-fi into it.
Why the hell not? We're discussing the premise and idea. Or are you going to play an ostrich to any argument you don't like? "

Yes surely they could come up with something more technologically advanced than a friggin toy horse. Unless you are hanging around with rednecks, who might beat you over the head with the first thing they see rather than using a gun.
Are you really trying to make that your counter-argument? Really? Really?

"Whaa, I didn't like the trigger he used on her! Thus I dismiss it completely and thus how it can only be hypnosis like what we use, which I've already dismissed as being impossible! MY LOGIC IS INFALLIBLE SIR!"

I'm beginning to really dig this ostrich theory of mine...
Old October 28 2009, 01:23 AM   #142
Alex1939
Captain

His main complaint in the last season of the show was that all his hatred was focused on the fact that the Final Five made him in the image of an old, used-up man. When instead he wanted to be a giant robot of awesomness with superpowers like x-ray vision and darkmatter-olfactory senses.
Just finished watching, reading this thread, come to this and I spit beer out laughing!

Not much to add, I think it's average to above average for BSG. I think the worst part about it was THE TITLE. Too misleading. Could've been called "Brother Cavil" given the story.
Old October 28 2009, 01:36 AM   #143
RoJoHen
Awesome

Alex1939 wrote: View Post
His main complaint in the last season of the show was that all his hatred was focused on the fact that the Final Five made him in the image of an old, used-up man. When instead he wanted to be a giant robot of awesomness with superpowers like x-ray vision and darkmatter-olfactory senses.
Just finished watching, reading this thread, come to this and I spit beer out laughing!
Yeah, I laughed, too. Mostly because it's accurate.

I really like Drunk HoeBag Six's description of everything that's gone wrong. Hilarious.

"...and then she personally found lots more water!"
Old October 28 2009, 02:32 AM   #144
Yassim
Fleet Captain

Did I miss something? The version I saw ended with

which only covers until season 2?
Old October 28 2009, 02:46 AM   #145
RoJoHen
Awesome

Yassim wrote: View Post
Did I miss something? The version I saw ended with

which only covers until season 2?
Fairly certain that's the end. We already know what the Cylons were doing in Season 3 and 4.
Old October 28 2009, 05:05 AM   #146
vampgrrl
Fleet Captain

Well it was Cavil's Plan...the rest of the Cylons didnt know who the final 5 were and just assisted in the attacks to get rid of the humans who would otherwise seek to destroy or enslave them again (That was the real Plan).
Old October 28 2009, 05:22 AM   #147
Corran Horn
Vice Admiral

It was...ok. Still didn't get all the blanks filled in (who put that note about 12 Cylon models in Adama's quarters) and there was some dumb gratuitous nudity, but there you go.
Old October 28 2009, 03:46 PM   #148
backstept
Rear Admiral

View backstept's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to backstept Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to backstept

go to the special features
highlight Admiral to Director
press right
the colonial crest should show up
hit enter

enjoy a little easter egg
Old October 28 2009, 04:04 PM   #149
DevilEyes
Rear Admiral

View DevilEyes's Twitter Profile

Corran Horrrrrrrrible wrote: View Post
It was...ok. Still didn't get all the blanks filled in (who put that note about 12 Cylon models in Adama's quarters) and there was some dumb gratuitous nudity, but there you go.
I don't get what you are saying, are you saying that this was not answered?! Because it was - it was Baltar. (Not that this is anything new, and RDM has said it ages ago that the original cut of the Miniseries was supposed to go to a Baltar scene right after Adama finding the note, so it would've been obvious right there.)

there was some dumb gratuitous nudity
As opposed to smart gratuitous nudity?

my Buffy/Angel rewatch
Old October 28 2009, 04:07 PM   #150
backstept
Rear Admiral

View backstept's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to backstept Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to backstept

^after The Plan showed Adama pick up the note it cut straight to Baltar with one of those annoying slow fades to black