Coto Drama Sold To Fox
By: T'Bonz on Sep 12

Braga Inks Deal
By: T'Bonz on Sep 12

Remastered Original Series Re-release
By: T'Bonz on Sep 11

UK Trek Ships Calendar Debuts
By: T'Bonz on Sep 10

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

View Poll Results: Grading
Excellent 5 10.64%
Above average 15 31.91%
Average 19 40.43%
Below average 8 17.02%
Poor 0 0%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old October 5 2009, 07:06 AM   #1
Aragorn
Admiral

Heroes: "Acceptance" 10/5 - Grading & Discussion

Aragorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 6 2009, 01:45 AM   #2
Aragorn
Admiral

Re: Heroes: "Acceptance" 10/5 - Grading & Discussion

Bumping for tonight.
Old October 6 2009, 01:45 AM   #3
SG-17
Commodore

Not impressed so far. The Hiro storyline is actually getting a bit interesting though.

SG-17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 6 2009, 02:03 AM   #4
startrekwatcher
Rear Admiral

I thought I'd give the show a chance this season since there is nothing else on worth watching at the same time but I just realized after watching this plodding vacuous hour that vacuuming would be more of a worthwhile hour spent than watching this crap.

The problems from last year are still very much there. They are content with doing essentially standalone subplots for the rotating cast of characters that have no real creative drive. There is no progress in the story. The writers seem to believe that slowing down the pace to a standstill and eliminating action sequences and replacing them with quiet scenes with two actors would be dramatic despite the fact that the scenes are dull as dirt. The set-up is labored.

Hiro is just as annoying as ever. I could care less that he is dying. Too bad he didn't jump off the roof with Tadashi. I could care less about Ando or Kimiko. Tonite's subplot was just dull and then to be subjected to the same dull scenes again and again just is awful.

I have no idea what the point of Tracy's story was--I guess to just fill up the hour.

There simply is no urgency no interesting cliffhanger or plot advancement. The character arcs are absent or shallow or worse dull. They even managed to make the one compelling character in Angela suck this season. I guess there is a fanbase interested in Claire/NOah's father/daughter dynamic but I find it boring. We've had four episodes of it. Yuck!

What is with tv this season--most of it sucks so Heroes fits right in.

Below Average
startrekwatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 6 2009, 02:07 AM   #5
The Habs Fan
Commodore

Well, Bryan Fuller got the credit for writing this episode and I have to say I'm disappointed. I liked the Nathan storyline but everything else was just filler. I'll give this one an Average.

PS: Any one catch the Star Trekkian 47 reference: Hiro stopped the guy from photo copying his butt 47 different times.

PS 2: The preview for next week shows Claire and her room mate kissing. I guess Heroes needs some help in the ratings.
The Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 6 2009, 02:09 AM   #6
Aragorn
Admiral

The Habs Fan wrote: View Post
PS 2: The preview for next week shows Claire and her room mate kissing. I guess Heroes needs some help in the ratings.
Except that this is NBC at 8 p.m. Not exactly like Madeline Zima's other show on Showtime.
Old October 6 2009, 02:10 AM   #7
startrekwatcher
Rear Admiral

The Habs Fan wrote: View Post
The preview for next week shows Claire and her room mate kissing. I guess Heroes needs some help in the ratings.
I suspect that the writers aren't setting up a Claire/Gretchen romance but that in an effort to cover up Claire's suspicions about Gretchen's interest in her she'll plant the kiss on her and say that she has a thing for her. Stupid but that is Heroes of late.
Old October 6 2009, 02:11 AM   #8
DarthPipes
Rear Admiral

Below Average.

One hour of relentless exposition...ENOUGH!

After a promising start, Heroes has quickly squandered everything by having their character spend the last two episodes pontificating. No action and boring as hell. When is anything going to happen? Are the writers and producers just resigned to the inevitable cancelation and just not trying anymore?

Not to mention Hiro's silly plot, ending with him learning a lesson he should have learned 2 to 3 seasons again. Add to that too many storylines focusing on characters that should have been written out a long time ago.

The good? I actually did like the Sylar Nathan plot, even if it created another "deep dark secret" in a "heroes past." The last shot was quite cool and HRG was good as always.
DarthPipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 6 2009, 02:56 AM   #9
melancholymecha
Rear Admiral

I liked seeing Adrian & Milo hug & have a little scene together again. And yeeeeaah that's pretty much all I have to say about tonight's ep. :\
melancholymecha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 6 2009, 03:02 AM   #10
Meredith
Vice Admiral

Tadashi - (n) Japanese, "Too dumb to live..."

Oh and Sylar is back!!! W00t
Old October 6 2009, 03:13 AM   #11
startrekwatcher
Rear Admiral

well if sylar is physically back i guess adrian is off the show unless there is a secret twin or hiro on one of his time traveling jaunts undoes his death as part of his bucket list.

i must say that i'm surprised by how quickly they are bringing back sylar.
Old October 6 2009, 03:21 AM   #12
BenRoethig
Fleet Captain

The show needs a shakeup
BenRoethig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 6 2009, 03:25 AM   #13
startrekwatcher
Rear Admiral

BenRoethig wrote: View Post
The show needs a shakeup
Not going to happen. We were promised that in season three, then with Fugitives, then with Fuller then with this season. This show sucks and there is no hope of escaping from its mediocrity.

Usually I stick out a series until it ends no matter how bad it gets in its later years--TNG, X-Files, Roseanne etc--but I can't here since these characters are so boring.
Old October 6 2009, 03:41 AM   #14
melancholymecha
Rear Admiral

startrekwatcher wrote: View Post
well if sylar is physically back i guess adrian is off the show unless there is a secret twin or hiro on one of his time traveling jaunts undoes his death as part of his bucket list.

i must say that i'm surprised by how quickly they are bringing back sylar.
cuz everyone loves Sylar.

of course NBC wants to make sure you dont think theyre trying to humanize a psychotic serial killer so now we'll get a few eps of Woobie Sylar. Yippie!
melancholymecha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 6 2009, 04:12 AM   #15
DontFeedPhil
Fleet Captain

This show keeps getting better and better... Im off to see Michael Moores Capitalism a Love Story...
DontFeedPhil is offline   Reply With Quote