Trek Actor Wins Emmy
By: T'Bonz on Aug 26

Trek Retro Watches
By: T'Bonz on Aug 26

New DS9 eBook To Debut
By: T'Bonz on Aug 25

Trek Ice Cube Maker and Shot Glasses
By: T'Bonz on Aug 25

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Lounges & General Chat > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Discussion of non-Trek topics.

Old October 10 2009, 07:46 AM   #256
Gep Malakai
Vice Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Gep Malakai Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Gep Malakai
Re: Furries

Jay O'Lantern wrote: View Post
Hey, I don't care. We like what we like.
J.
Yes, but isn't it fun to know why?

Your drawing, BTW, reminds me what bothered me bout her original appearance--there's something inhuman about the eyes and where her upper lip meets her nose. Personal preference, I guess.
Old October 10 2009, 07:51 AM   #257
J. Allen
I Only Want To Know

Send a message via ICQ to J. Allen Send a message via AIM to J. Allen Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to J. Allen Send a message via Yahoo to J. Allen

Ghoul Malakai wrote: View Post
Hey, I don't care. We like what we like.
J.
Yes, but isn't it fun to know why?

Your drawing, BTW, reminds me what bothered me bout her original appearance--there's something inhuman about the eyes and where her upper lip meets her nose. Personal preference, I guess.
In my opinion, too sharp. When I drew the eyes, like I said, I based it on the original TAS animation. Her eyes are too sharp and I don't like the simple method the mouth.

J.
"If you'd come today you would've reached a whole nation. Israel in 4 B.C. had no mass communication. " - Judas, Jesus Christ Superstar
J. Allen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12 2009, 05:45 AM   #258
MANT!
Rear Admiral

J..
you need to see this..

http://www.mrsatanism.com/CoolestChi...olchick185.htm

really...
Old October 12 2009, 06:00 AM   #259
J. Allen
I Only Want To Know

Send a message via ICQ to J. Allen Send a message via AIM to J. Allen Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to J. Allen Send a message via Yahoo to J. Allen

Evil brain sucking bug wrote: View Post
J..
you need to see this..

really...
Damn straight.

J.
"If you'd come today you would've reached a whole nation. Israel in 4 B.C. had no mass communication. " - Judas, Jesus Christ Superstar
Old October 12 2009, 06:14 AM   #260
Gary Mitchell
Admiral

J..
you need to see this..

really...
Damn straight.

J.
You guys had better buy a big bag of peanuts.
Old October 12 2009, 06:18 AM   #261
J. Allen
I Only Want To Know

NightOfTheLivingGary wrote: View Post
J..
you need to see this..

really...
Damn straight.

J.
You guys had better buy a big bag of peanuts.
There's a direction I could go here... but I think I'll let it alone.

J.
Old October 12 2009, 06:21 AM   #262
Red Ranger
Admiral

J.,

Hey, thanks for pointing me to this thread the other day. It's quite interesting. As far as I know, the earliest furry-derived imagery I ever saw, aside from Bugs Bunny and Hanna Barbera cartoons, was a scene in The Shining, where a fursuited person appears to be giving fellatio to a hotel guest. It's toward the end of the movie when Shelly Duvall is running through the hotel and sees all kinds of creepy things.

I did want to get your opinion on some furry stuff I saw on DeviantArt, which represents all kinds of fetishes. There's a guy who draws pics of huge anthropomorphic characters (hippos, elephants, etc.) landing on top of and crushing smaller furry guys, often in wrestling rings. The big, "crusher" characters are women, and the "crushees" are male furry creatures like foxes. What do you make of that? It seems to me to be combining several fetishes: furries, crushing, and sexualized mixed wrestling.

The one artistic fetish I find more creepy is the whole genre of aliens abducting humans and doing sexual experiments on them (mostly women). I think it's called tentacle something-or-other, as it usually depicts women being penetrated by ETs with tentacles. What do you think of that?

Anyway, whatever floats one's boat, as long as it doesn't involve harm esp. to children and animals, is fine with me.

Red Rum!

"I would make this war as severe as possible, and show no symptoms of tiring till the South begs for mercy." -- William Tecumseh Sherman
Red Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12 2009, 06:48 AM   #263
J. Allen
I Only Want To Know

Red Rum wrote: View Post
J.,

Hey, thanks for pointing me to this thread the other day. It's quite interesting. As far as I know, the earliest furry-derived imagery I ever saw, aside from Bugs Bunny and Hanna Barbera cartoons, was a scene in The Shining, where a fursuited person appears to be giving fellatio to a hotel guest. It's toward the end of the movie when Shelly Duvall is running through the hotel and sees all kinds of creepy things.

I did want to get your opinion on some furry stuff I saw on DeviantArt, which represents all kinds of fetishes. There's a guy who draws pics of huge anthropomorphic characters (hippos, elephants, etc.) landing on top of and crushing smaller furry guys, often in wrestling rings. The big, "crusher" characters are women, and the "crushees" are male furry creatures like foxes. What do you make of that? It seems to me to be combining several fetishes: furries, crushing, and sexualized mixed wrestling.
For me that's where "to each his own" really kicks in. I'm not into that kind of stuff, although I think it's interesting that what I only see as some big person crushing a little person, someone sees something erotic. I'm sure there are people who watch pro-wrestling just to see that kind of thing. There's a fetish for every person. Something fascinating about our sexuality and how it affects us as human beings.

The one artistic fetish I find more creepy is the whole genre of aliens abducting humans and doing sexual experiments on them (mostly women). I think it's called tentacle something-or-other, as it usually depicts women being penetrated by ETs with tentacles. What do you think of that?

Anyway, whatever floats one's boat, as long as it doesn't involve harm esp. to children and animals, is fine with me.

Red Rum!
I'm not into that kind of thing either. I have no problem with the alien or tentacle stuff, it's just not my kind of thing. The alien ET thing reminds me of the whole doctor/examination fetish, something which is also well outside the furry fandom and is fairly mainstream. In this case, you just replace doctors with aliens. Same results.

Yeah, as long as children and animals aren't getting hurt, and these are adults consenting to whatever niche they're involved in, I have no problem with it.

J.
Old October 12 2009, 06:52 AM   #264
Gep Malakai
Vice Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Gep Malakai Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Gep Malakai

J.,

Hey, thanks for pointing me to this thread the other day. It's quite interesting.
*evil laughter*

As far as I know, the earliest furry-derived imagery I ever saw, aside from Bugs Bunny and Hanna Barbera cartoons,
Didn't you get the memo? We're not allowed to call Loony Tunes "furry" because that's trying to make mainstream a sexual fetish!

was a scene in The Shining, where a fursuited person appears to be giving fellatio to a hotel guest.
Damn straight, you know that's what the fandom is all about. Play me some Barry Manilow, J.

It's toward the end of the movie when Shelly Duvall is running through the hotel and sees all kinds of creepy things.
Like in my brain!

I did want to get your opinion on some furry stuff I saw on DeviantArt, which represents all kinds of fetishes.
I can take this one.

There's a guy who draws pics of huge anthropomorphic characters
Promoting a diverse appreciation of different body types is a good thing.

(hippos, elephants, etc.) landing on top of
Alright...

and crushing
Err...

smaller furry guys,
Um...

often in wrestling rings.
I...uh...

The big, "crusher" characters are women, and the "crushees" are male furry creatures like foxes.

What do you make of that? It seems to me to be combining several fetishes: furries, crushing, and sexualized mixed wrestling.

Old October 12 2009, 06:55 AM   #265
Capn Flukie
Fleet Admiral

View Capn Flukie's Twitter Profile

Red Rum!
Paging Agent Scully, Agent Scully to the white courtesy telephone please...
Old October 12 2009, 06:55 AM   #266
J. Allen
I Only Want To Know

Nice handling of the situation, Gep.

J.
Old October 12 2009, 07:00 AM   #267
Red Ranger
Admiral

J.,

For me that's where "to each his own" really kicks in. I'm not into that kind of stuff, although I think it's interesting that what I only see as some big person crushing a little person, someone sees something erotic. I'm sure there are people who watch pro-wrestling just to see that kind of thing. There's a fetish for every person. Something fascinating about our sexuality and how it affects us as human beings.

Red Rum!
I'm not into that kind of thing either. I have no problem with the alien or tentacle stuff, it's just not my kind of thing. The alien ET thing reminds me of the whole doctor/examination fetish, something which is also well outside the furry fandom and is fairly mainstream. In this case, you just replace doctors with aliens. Same results.

Yeah, as long as children and animals aren't getting hurt, and these are adults consenting to whatever niche they're involved in, I have no problem with it.

J.
Hey, J. Well, I must admit to a fascination with wrestling when it's women involved. (I should start a thread!) Love those tight outfits and boots, woo-hoo! My brothers and I grew up watching the WWF when it was on Channel 9, local channel in New York, and got a kick out of the bouts. It was rarer then, but the times when they showed women's matches, I looked forward to that!

Also, one of my guilty pleasures is watching Lucha Libre (wrestling from Mexico, mainly), as their moves are exaggerated, and it takes skill to jump off the top ropes and "hit" your opponent without breaking your ass. The costumes are pretty outlandish, too, esp. the masked wrestlers.

But one thing that's a bit different now is they will actually have, in those Lucha Libre tag team matches, women and men facing off. I find it a bit disturbing seeing a man slap around a woman, I have to say. Not crazy about that development, frankly.

It's quite true -- people are capable of sexualizing anything!

Red Rum!

"I would make this war as severe as possible, and show no symptoms of tiring till the South begs for mercy." -- William Tecumseh Sherman
Old October 12 2009, 07:03 AM   #268
J. Allen
I Only Want To Know

Hey, J. Well, I must admit to a fascination with wrestling when it's women involved. (I should start a thread!) Love those tight outfits and boots, woo-hoo! My brothers and I grew up watching the WWF when it was on Channel 9, local channel in New York, and got a kick out of the bouts. It was rarer then, but the times when they showed women's matches, I looked forward to that!

Also, one of my guilty pleasures is watching Lucha Libre (wrestling from Mexico, mainly), as their moves are exaggerated, and it takes skill to jump off the top ropes and "hit" your opponent without breaking your ass. The costumes are pretty outlandish, too, esp. the masked wrestlers.

But one thing that's a bit different now is they will actually have, in those Lucha Libre tag team matches, women and men facing off. I find it a bit disturbing seeing a man slap around a woman, I have to say. Not crazy about that development, frankly.

Red Rum!
I've said it before and I'll say it again: If Riker can get it on with an asexual androgynous alien, then the whole market's up for grabs!

J.
Old October 12 2009, 07:04 AM   #269
Red Ranger
Admiral

Ghoul Malakai wrote: View Post
J.,

Hey, thanks for pointing me to this thread the other day. It's quite interesting.
*evil laughter*

As far as I know, the earliest furry-derived imagery I ever saw, aside from Bugs Bunny and Hanna Barbera cartoons,
Didn't you get the memo? We're not allowed to call Loony Tunes "furry" because that's trying to make mainstream a sexual fetish!

Damn straight, you know that's what the fandom is all about. Play me some Barry Manilow, J.

Like in my brain!

I can take this one.

Promoting a diverse appreciation of different body types is a good thing.

Alright...

Err...

Um...

I...uh...

The big, "crusher" characters are women, and the "crushees" are male furry creatures like foxes.

What do you make of that? It seems to me to be combining several fetishes: furries, crushing, and sexualized mixed wrestling.

So are you trying to say, like that Pink Floyd song, you're ready to Run Like Hell from those crushing furry enthusiasts? -- RR

Old October 12 2009, 07:07 AM   #270
Red Ranger
Admiral

Red Rum!
I've said it before and I'll say it again: If Riker can get it on with an asexual androgynous alien, then the whole market's up for grabs!

J.
Hey, I'm ready to make it with a big-breasted Andorian in a wrestling leotard and lace-up boots! Right after she has a match with a Romulan and pins her pointed ears to the mat! (I watched about an hour of Lucha Libre today, so it's on my mind, obviously!) -- RR