RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 138,413
Members: 24,631
Currently online: 427
Newest member: vicky013

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Stargate

Stargate Sir, we can't call it the Enterprise forum.

View Poll Results: The Destiny
Yay 61 87.14%
Nay 9 12.86%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Old October 8 2009, 10:11 PM   #46
Corran Horn
Vice Admiral

Re: What do you think of the Destiny?

Brent wrote: View Post
Corran Horrrrrrrrible wrote: View Post
Brent wrote: View Post
I also like the fact that it looks like they won't be beaming everywhere, instead using shuttles, so no last minute saves by beaming out
Beaming was always an Asgard thing, not an Ancient thing. (unless the Atlantis elevators somehow beamed around)
The Ancients had beaming, heck, they invented beaming. The ring transporters are an Ancient invention, which the Goa'uld stole. Also, in the beginning of Season 9 we find those Ancient treasures under ground, and our team is beamed (with a yellow color effect, Ancient transporters) to another chamber. Also, the transporter rooms in Atlantis are an instant beaming technology, which shares a sound similar to the ring transporters. So yes, Ancients had beaming.
Well, I meant ring-less beaming. I forgot about "Camelot" stuff which I think you're talking about. I did mention the Atlantis transporters though.
Old October 8 2009, 10:35 PM   #47
broberfett
Vice Admiral

Looking at the very clear pictures at the top of the page you can see both shuttles. One is in the center of the ship and the other is on the upper right. Dialogue from Robert Carlyle indicates that there are two shuttles. They both seem about the same size to me.
Old October 14 2009, 03:44 PM   #48
vedek
Commander

View vedek's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to vedek Send a message via AIM to vedek Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to vedek Send a message via Yahoo to vedek

It's a broken down bucket of bolts that is ready to fly apart at the seams. My suggestion, first habitable, Earthlike planet they find, get off that ship ASAP!
Old October 15 2009, 03:31 AM   #49
Non Sync
Captain

Old October 15 2009, 09:08 AM   #50
SilentP
Commodore

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to SilentP

Non Sync wrote: View Post