The Next Generation Season Seven Blu-ray Details
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

CBS Launches Streaming Service

Yelchin In New Indie Thriller

Saldana In The Book of Life

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old September 22 2009, 02:25 AM   #31
SG-17
Commodore

Re: Heroes: "Orientation" and "Jump, Push, Fall" 9/21 - Grade & Discus

His stomach. He probably swallowed it.

SG-17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22 2009, 02:29 AM   #32
Samurai8472
Vice Admiral

Peter seemed more Peter Parker. Probably because of the police scanner.
Samurai8472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22 2009, 02:54 AM   #33
Anwar
Vice Admiral

And the barren apartment feel. Like he's a strapped for cash type.

Who is the actress playing the tattoo woman?
Anwar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22 2009, 02:57 AM   #34
JD
Admiral

So it's about to start here, how was the first hour?
Old September 22 2009, 03:02 AM   #35
DarthPipes
Rear Admiral

You know, I don't know how everyone else felt but I really enjoyed it. Thought the storylines were a lot stronger, the lack of Mohinder was a major plus, the characters came across more strongly, and even the carnival freaks are pretty good. Thought Sylar was hysterical tonight, ripping on Matt.

Negatives...more "heroes" being manipulated and Hiro making yet another stupid decision.
DarthPipes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 22 2009, 03:03 AM   #36
melancholymecha
Rear Admiral

DarthPipes wrote: View Post
Adrian Pasdar is good as always and it's nice to see Peter doing heroic things. I'm sure the latter will not last.
too bad it looks like he wont be doing much this season.

Not a bad first 2 hours but it probably wont be long before it goes off the rails.
melancholymecha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22 2009, 03:08 AM   #37
DarthPipes
Rear Admiral

melancholymecha wrote: View Post
DarthPipes wrote: View Post
Adrian Pasdar is good as always and it's nice to see Peter doing heroic things. I'm sure the latter will not last.
too bad it looks like he wont be doing much this season.

Not a bad first 2 hours but it probably wont be long before it goes off the rails.
That's my feelings too. Still, I thought tonight showed what the show is capable of when written correctly.

Someone at TWOP has coined the term "HeadSylar".
Old September 22 2009, 03:17 AM   #38
melancholymecha
Rear Admiral

Thought Sylar was hysterical tonight, ripping on Matt.
I couldnt believe Sylar actually did point at a hero and call him a loser after I had joked in this thread earlier about him doing exactly that!

anyone notice the book the algebra teacher was reading? is that a hint at what's to come(Zombie Nathan anyone?)
melancholymecha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22 2009, 03:19 AM   #39
Aragorn
Admiral

Weren't these threads considerably more active with the east coast viewers? Did that many people jump ship?
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22 2009, 03:24 AM   #40
DarthPipes
Rear Admiral

melancholymecha wrote: View Post
Thought Sylar was hysterical tonight, ripping on Matt.
I couldnt believe Sylar actually did point at a hero and call him a loser after I had joked in this thread earlier about him doing exactly that!

anyone notice the book the algebra teacher was reading? is that a hint at what's to come(Zombie Nathan anyone?)
Best line..."He's twenty pounds overweight, he has high blood pressure, he's a walking heart attack weighting to happen!"

How about the guest stars? T-Bag, Darth Maul, and Simon the Cylon. Kneppar (I don't know his name) and Ray Park were quite good.
Old September 22 2009, 03:35 AM   #41
JD
Admiral

Glad to here you it's been good so far. I've been watching House instead, but I will be watching it online tomorrow. I'm one of the few people who actually enjoyed the last two seasons, so hearing so many other people liking this has been pretty excited.
Old September 22 2009, 03:38 AM   #42
DarthPipes
Rear Admiral

One other thing somebody pointed out...they're all playing Guitar Hero 3 at Claire's school even though Guitar Hero 5 came out last week and 3 isn't in stores. Budget cutbacks must mean old sponsers too.
Old September 22 2009, 03:44 AM   #43
Daneel
Rear Admiral

Well, it wasn't especially riveting, but I thought it was alright, actually. At any rate, I didn't feel like shouting at my television, and that's always a plus.

I enjoy it when we get to see these characters in more ordinary situations, using their powers sparingly. Focusing on them trying to get on with their lives makes things a bit more relatable, I think. Sure, it won't last, but it's a nice way to segue back into things. So yeah, I like seeing Peter as a paramedic again, and Matt trying to quit his powers cold turkey and just be a regular cop (oh, and I thought the "psychic imprint" of Sylar was great in his interactions with Matt).

The carny folk have the potential to be interesting... I'm curious to see what their deal is. Is it too much to hope that the writers won't screw it up?

I fear there may already be too many characters/storylines in use, and that not everyone/everything will get the attention they require. It seemed like some characters weren't onscreen for about half an hour and only appeared for a couple of minutes, i.e. Angela and Sylar/Nathan. I think I would've preferred to see more of that story than Hiro and Ando's typically insignificant exploits -- but maybe Hiro developing a terminal illness could open the door for some more interesting possibilities, as could Sullivan's plan for him. Eh, I'm willing to give it some time and see how it goes.

Well, I'm cautiously optimistic. If they can keep people from constantly doing stupid things and behaving out of character for the next few episodes at least, then I think it might be safe to say they're on the right track. Here's hoping the "Redemption" arc is aptly named.
Daneel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22 2009, 04:09 AM   #44
Meredith
Vice Admiral

This show reminds me of Naruto Shippuden......

Sylar / Orochimaru who was killed by an anti-hero and is has peices of himself living in the other person who killed him.

Matt / Sasuke who has pieces of Sylar / Orochimaru inside of him.

Tracy Strauss / Suigetsu who has the power to escape physical harm by turning into water.

Claire / Naruto they can survive damn near anythign and heal just as quickly.

Creepy Carnival Tatoo man / Shikamaru who can strangle people with "shadows / tattoo ink"

This show is turning into a live action naruto.....

The carnies remind me of the Akatsuki.....
Old September 22 2009, 08:32 AM   #45
Aragorn
Admiral

The Sylar/Nathan thing is interesting, but the path it took to get to where it is was completely ludicrous. It's like the premise for Dollhouse or My Own Worst Enemy, which sounds cool at first mention, but doesn't really work when you try to develop it into something more -- sort of like turning an SNL skit into a feature-length movie.

Though Robert Knepper was awesome. He totally rose above the material.
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote