RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 138,411
Members: 24,630
Currently online: 473
Newest member: DasGeneral

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old September 27 2009, 12:25 AM   #151
Skywalker
Admiral

Re: Heroes: "Orientation" and "Jump, Push, Fall" 9/21 - Grade & Discus

Maybe since Nathan's ability was artificial, a side effect of the formula also made him immune to the effects of Claire's (or Adam's, or any other healer's) blood.

Last edited by Skywalker; September 27 2009 at 12:43 AM.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 27 2009, 12:41 AM   #152
DarthPipes
Rear Admiral

Temis the Vorta wrote: View Post
DarthPipes wrote: View Post
One of the many problems with Nathan's death is the show forgot its deus ex machine...Claire's blood could have healed him.
That was the saving grace - hopefully the writers have now realized what a bs cheap out that is, and will forget they ever thought of it.

Well in the great Heroes tradition of editing out totally vital information, they had a line in the script that explained the healing blood only works once for a person.
Thank GOD they edited that out. Inventing a bs cheap out is bad enough, but inventing arbitrary bs rules for the cheap out would make things worse. A line that that would be a throw-a-shoe-at-the-TV moment. Like this show has so few of those, huh?

Or are they saying that since he was restored by Adam's blood that Claire's blood wouldn't affect him?
Yeesh. A line that that would be a throw-a-couch-at-the-TV moment.
I'm not opposed to eliminating that deus ex machina. It's just that it was already introduced and at least how to be touched on why they couldn't do it again. I could buy the "diminishing returns" argument.
DarthPipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 27 2009, 01:46 AM   #153
Dream
Admiral

Skywalker wrote: View Post
Maybe since Nathan's ability was artificial, a side effect of the formula also made him immune to the effects of Claire's (or Adam's, or any other healer's) blood.
Nathan was already healed once with Adam's blood after being badly burned in season two.

I always thought the magic blood was a horrible idea that should have never been introduced. Another one of season two's mistakes.
Old September 27 2009, 01:52 AM   #154
Skywalker
Admiral

Dream wrote: View Post
Skywalker wrote: View Post
Nathan was already healed once with Adam's blood after being badly burned in season two.
I can't believe I forgot about that. Nevermind, then.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 27 2009, 03:08 PM   #155
Forbin
Admiral

broberfett wrote: View Post
-I have no idea how to just quote a tiny portion of Temis' huge post.
Hit the quote button and edit it like any other text in the posting window.

Or cut-and paste just the line you want into a new post window and use the quote button above the window.

Easy-peasy.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote