RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 139,670
Members: 24,822
Currently online: 446
Newest member: The Great Duck

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old January 31 2012, 05:52 AM   #1
ReadyAndWilling
Fleet Captain

Blade 2: Anyone else think Nomak was too strong?

so i'm watching Blade 2 now and it's a great movie, don't get me wrong. however, i'm watching the scene where Nomak finds the secret base and just runs through all the police shooting him and it's like he's the Hulk. i dunno, just seemed like he was too strong to me.
ReadyAndWilling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31 2012, 06:51 AM   #2
StarTrek1701
Fleet Captain

Re: Blade 2: Anyone else think Nomak was too strong?

Yes, and he was meant to be, so that the final fight with Blade would be a great fight.
StarTrek1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31 2012, 08:55 AM   #3
Saul
Rear Admiral

Agreed, he was meant to be. He was created as a Vampire without weaknesses. I loved the final fight with Blade, some wrestling moves thrown in for good measure.
Old January 31 2012, 02:40 PM   #4
Disruptor
Commodore

The one thing about that movie that seems to misfire is that the team of vampires, the Bloodpack, who were trained to fight Blade, seem to fail terribly against Nomak's Reapers. Leonor Varela goes from this super ninja to female in distress by the end of the film...or that's how I recall it.
Disruptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31 2012, 02:43 PM   #5
JarodRussell
Vice Admiral

Saul wrote: View Post
Agreed, he was meant to be. He was created as a Vampire without weaknesses. I loved the final fight with Blade, some wrestling moves thrown in for good measure.
The fight scenes in Blade 2 are so well choreographed, great stuff.

And yeah, Nomak was meant to be that strong. He was pissed off, he got plenty of humans to suck on during the attack.

The one thing about that movie that seems to misfire is that the team of vampires, the Bloodpack, who were trained to fight Blade, seem to fail terribly against Nomak's Reapers. Leonor Varela goes from this super ninja to female in distress by the end of the film...or that's how I recall it.
What I didn't get is why they attack Blade at the beginning with special suits protecting them from sunlight, but later one, they don't use them again. Instead they just whine about Blade's ability.
JarodRussell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31 2012, 08:04 PM   #6
Saul
Rear Admiral

That was weird alright. They come to bring Blade a message which is basically asking for his help but they bring this message by cutting the lights and sneaking into his lair dressed as ninja's and attacking him. They put up a good fight against Blade actually. It was a draw considering how close that sword was to his meat and potatos. Then later Leonor lets herself be bitten by Nomak. She kills herself without putting up a fight!

The fight scenes in Blade 2 are so well choreographed, great stuff.
They were excellent indeed! I read that Donnie Yen was the choreographer but there's a lot of western style fighting in there too. Love how Nomak uses the length of his Jacket to distract Blade as they fight.

You can tell I watched this recently Hellishly entertaining.