USS Vengeance And More Starship Collection Ships
By: T'Bonz on Sep 19

Trek 3 To Being Shooting Next Year
By: T'Bonz on Sep 19

Trek Messenger Bag
By: T'Bonz on Sep 18

Star Trek Live In Concert In Australia
By: T'Bonz on Sep 18

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media

TV & Media Non-Trek television, movies, books, music, etc.

Old September 15 2009, 12:44 AM   #1
Trekker4747
Fleet Admiral

House. A new team of Doclings?

At the end of House's third season he fired Chase and Cameron and Forman quit. Chase was fired because House felt that Chase had "either learned all he could, or nothing at all" from his fellowship under House. Cameron and Forman quit for various reasons related to House's 'way' of practicing medicine.

Anyway, the "logic" of this fairly sound, keeping the three of them as House's fellows for longer than a few years would be illogical as Cameron, etc. would grow as doctors and not need to be under House's tutelage forever so Season 4 starts with House's "reality show" game of enlisting new fellows landing on Kutner, Taub, and Hadley (Thirteen) at the end of this Season they will have ben House's fellows for three years (seasons) will it be time for them to also break off and go on their own and for House to recruit in a new set of fellows?

Forman has mostly been rooted as House's "number one" sooner or later his House stigma is going to fade and should, again, be able to break-off on his own and get his own practice or at least not have to "work under" or "work for" someone willing to risk letting House-Lite work in their hospital. Keeping him around much longer makes little sense.

So how about it? Will we soon see House with new fellows/Doclings next season (not the one starting this month, the one starting a year from now) or will we hang on to these guys longer?

And, after two seasons of being around -one full season as actualy full parts of team and in House's diagnostic process- will the new Doclings make it to the opening credits sequence and not be shuffled to the "quest cast" credits after the first commercial?
Old September 15 2009, 04:11 AM   #2
Wil has a posse
Fleet Captain

Re: House. A new team of Doclings?

I suspect the current ducklings--including Foreman--will remain for the upcoming season. Just my instinct.
Wil has a posse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 15 2009, 10:53 AM   #3
Cky
Captain

I can see them staying on for another season, with the possibility of adding someone else to make it three (because of what happened to one of them (no spoilers)), and just the two that are left, and Foreman isn't enough.

And opening credits? No. I think what the creators of House is trying to do is make it so you can't distinguish what season you're watching by the opening credits, so if you're watching a re-run, you'll have to stay tuned for atleast the opening to see what season you're actually watching. (That actually happened to me, I tuned in, didn't know what season it was from the opening segment, then the credits rolled, still had no idea, then when I saw Thirteen I knew I was watching season 4-)
Old September 15 2009, 03:14 PM   #4
Christopher
Writer

Cky wrote: View Post
And opening credits? No. I think what the creators of House is trying to do is make it so you can't distinguish what season you're watching by the opening credits, so if you're watching a re-run, you'll have to stay tuned for atleast the opening to see what season you're actually watching.
Nothing to do with that. Credits are not simply for the viewers' benefit. They're about money and contracts. As long as the original cast members are still under the same contracts, their credits can't be changed, even if the size of their roles has gotten smaller. It's very rare for a new cast member to be promoted in the credits to a higher rank (and therefore higher salary) than a more veteran cast member, unless that new cast member is taking over as a series lead (like Ben Browder in Stargate SG-1).

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 15 2009, 04:45 PM   #5
bigdaddy
Vice Admiral

I'm still hoping 13 dies a slow and painful death and the next day everyone goes "I'm glad that bitch is gone".
Old September 15 2009, 05:38 PM   #6
HappyDayRiot
Commodore

It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if Thirteen does die in season 7. To do it this year would be too much too soon, but can definitely see a 'progressive illness progresses even faster - dead' arc next year, should there be a next year of course.
Old September 15 2009, 06:41 PM   #7
Arrqh
Vice Admiral

View Arrqh's Twitter Profile

Trekker4747 wrote: View Post
Forman has mostly been rooted as House's "number one" sooner or later his House stigma is going to fade and should, again, be able to break-off on his own and get his own practice or at least not have to "work under" or "work for" someone willing to risk letting House-Lite work in their hospital. Keeping him around much longer makes little sense.
The only thing Foreman has done since he got kicked back to PPTH for being "tainted" by House... is work for House. If no one wanted to give him that chance two years ago, why would it be any different now? Professionally, he hasn't done anything different as far as any other hospital would be concerned.

His only realistic way out is to have his own practice in parallel with House, like Cuddy offered when he first resigned. They could play it like they do with Wilson's patients or like the episodes where one of the Doclings has a special interest patient on the side. If some other hospital magically gave him a chance now when no one would touch him before... I'd have a hard time swallowing that.
Old September 15 2009, 06:50 PM   #8
LutherSloan
Fleet Captain

So what's the over/under for how long House will be in the loony bin? I give it 6 episodes max.

Expand Medicare for All!!
LutherSloan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 15 2009, 06:56 PM   #9
Christopher
Writer

HappyDayRiot wrote: View Post
It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if Thirteen does die in season 7. To do it this year would be too much too soon, but can definitely see a 'progressive illness progresses even faster - dead' arc next year, should there be a next year of course.
That would be profoundly unrealistic. Huntington's disease is not actually fatal in itself, but its symptoms can lead to complications that reduce life expectancy to an average of about 20 years following the onset of symptoms. So there's no reason to expect Thirteen to die while the series is on the air. If she were to leave the show, it would be because her physical and mental deterioration had advanced to the point that she was no longer capable of performing medicine.

Old September 15 2009, 07:22 PM   #10
Trekker4747
Fleet Admiral

LutherSloan wrote: View Post
So what's the over/under for how long House will be in the loony bin? I give it 6 episodes max.
Six Episodes seems extreme. Wilson being gone on lasted, like, three episodes.
Old September 15 2009, 07:35 PM   #11
LutherSloan
Fleet Captain

Yeah, that's why I said 6 max. I think it's probably 4-5.

Expand Medicare for All!!
LutherSloan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 15 2009, 08:03 PM   #12
nx1701g
Admiral

TV Guide already reported that Cameron and Chase return to House's team this season. They're going to work with Foreman.

One of the new doclings (either Thirteen or Taub) will not be leaving the series but will take on another role at the hospital.
Old September 15 2009, 09:10 PM   #13
Christopher
Writer

nx1701g wrote: View Post
One of the new doclings (either Thirteen or Taub) will not be leaving the series but will take on another role at the hospital.
So are you saying the other one will be leaving? Or just that only one has been mentioned so far?

Old September 15 2009, 10:20 PM   #14
bigdaddy
Vice Admiral

Yeah, that's why I said 6 max. I think it's probably 4-5.

The season premiere is two episodes, so I say 3-4. He get's out by the end of episode 6 for sure.
Old September 15 2009, 10:26 PM   #15
Roger Wilco
Admiral

So how about it? Will we soon see House with new fellows/Doclings next season (not the one starting this month, the one starting a year from now) or will we hang on to these guys longer?
You are assuming that House casted new underlings for any rational reason, when the reality is, that the producers just wanted something new to increase the ratings.

1 1/2.