MicroWarriors Releases Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Jul 25

Ships Of The Line Design Contest

Next Weekend: Shore Leave 36!

True Trek History To Be Penned

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > Star Trek - Original Series

Star Trek - Original Series The one that started it all...

Old September 19 2009, 01:45 PM   #16
retronaut
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Re: Searching for closeup view of this Enterprise diagram

Shaw, you've got the primary hull portion nailed.
retronaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19 2009, 02:19 PM   #17
Cap'n Caveman
Captain

Maybe that graphic is something akin to a subway map? Not drawn to scale or even very accurate, but gets the job done.
Old September 20 2009, 12:46 AM   #18
Maurice
Vice Admiral

Shaw wrote: View Post
DS9Sega wrote: View Post
I'd say anyone who really wants to reverse engineer this drawing ...
I don't think it was ever going to be all that difficult... I mean here is a comparison of a five minute clean up of the primary hull of my sketch from last March compared to the screen shot shown in the first post in this thread...
My point being that the people who wanted this can do it themselves if they just look at the right references.
—Glen Larson, 2010
Maurice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 20 2009, 12:07 PM   #19
Shaw
Commodore

Well, this is about as far as I'll most likely go on this for now... I have other more pressing projects that I need to be spending time on. It isn't perfect, but it should give anyone else wanting to pick it up from here a good starting point.

Shaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 20 2009, 06:24 PM   #20
Captain Robert April
Vice Admiral

Location: In selfless service to fandom, on the road to becoming a Star Trek trivia god...

Cap'n Caveman wrote: View Post
Maybe that graphic is something akin to a subway map? Not drawn to scale or even very accurate, but gets the job done.
My sentiments exactly, with the vast majority of the technical schematics we've seen on screen.
Captain Robert April is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21 2009, 03:21 AM   #21
BolianAuthor
Writer, Battlestar Urantia

Send a message via AIM to BolianAuthor Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to BolianAuthor

Very nice work with that.
BolianAuthor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21 2009, 07:41 AM   #22
Maurice
Vice Admiral

Interestingly, it appears in the side-view the nacelle has the taper but not in the overhead. And it's not perspective...that would affect both views.
—Glen Larson, 2010
Maurice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21 2009, 11:47 AM   #23
retronaut
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Very nice Shaw. What software did you use for the re-creation?
retronaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22 2009, 06:45 PM   #24
Shaw
Commodore

retronaut wrote: View Post
Very nice Shaw. What software did you use for the re-creation?
Well, the illustration work was done in Create, which is an application by a friend of mine that I've used for all my blueprints and technical sketches (mainly because there is a version for all of the platforms I use). The final coloring and all was done in Photoshop.
Old September 24 2009, 12:18 PM   #25
Green Shirt
Commodore

I didn't think that was evil... but until people say what they want or how far they had gotten, I can only assume they've done a good job and congratulate them for... well, what I don't know.

But fine, I've looked at the thread (I hate signing up for additional forums if I don't have too), which is from 2006, and see they didn't get all that far. Someone could have just said "they didn't get very far" and then I'd be happy to help.

People said it was impossible to make plans of the 33 inch model, it wasn't. People said that re-creating Jefferies original construction plans would be impossible, but great strides were made towards that. And here Green Shirt said this was "impossible given the source material", but I've documented way more information on that diagram then that thread had.

I enjoy taking stabs at things considered impossible, but I'd rather know that I'm not reinventing the wheel with my efforts. And I shouldn't have to sign up for a forum I doubt I'd frequent to find this out.

I don't consider any of that evil... but charging for doing a re-creation might be debatable though.
I don't understand the reason for your anger about this subject. I certainly meant no disrespect, seeing as how I was not aware of your efforts in this matter.
Old September 24 2009, 04:58 PM   #26
Shaw
Commodore

Green Shirt wrote: View Post
I don't understand the reason for your anger about this subject. I certainly meant no disrespect, seeing as how I was not aware of your efforts in this matter.
I failed to feel the anger that you failed to see a reason for, so it it must be a figment of your imagination.

As for being annoyed by having to sign up for a forum to find out that there was nothing to sign up to find out... yeah, I'm feeling plenty of that. After all, you described it as a waaaaay serious attempt (I would hardly describe my attempt to date as serious), which now means I know what that means for you (and where you draw the line for things to be considered impossible too).

Serious, impossible... people assign various degrees to the use of these words and you usually have to know a person to know what they mean when using them within their speech. For you these applied where I generally wouldn't think so... and now I know.

And maybe I should also take note that you interpret other people being annoyed as being angry. I was annoyed at this wild goose chase, but hardly angry. Though considering your idea of when to apply serious, it is quite understandable why you'd read mild annoyance as anger.

As long as we are defining words, I'd hardly call anything I've done here an effort... I really haven't started putting forward an effort yet. I was playing around for a few minutes to see what I might come up with (this post took longer to type than it took me to draw what I posted). But I was attempting to determine if this might be worth some effort or if the best possible version had already been done by someone. And actually feek61 has done a nice rendition.

Sadly, there is a good chance you'll read this as anger too... I hope not, because that would be annoying.
Old September 25 2009, 05:55 AM   #27
Captain Robert April
Vice Admiral

Location: In selfless service to fandom, on the road to becoming a Star Trek trivia god...

Sometimes you're seeking information, sometimes you're providing information. Think of it as the Circle of TrekBBS Life.

Cue Elton John.
Captain Robert April is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25 2009, 06:28 PM   #28
Green Shirt
Commodore

I failed to feel the anger that you failed to see a reason for, so it it must be a figment of your imagination.

As for being annoyed by having to sign up for a forum to find out that there was nothing to sign up to find out... yeah, I'm feeling plenty of that. After all, you described it as a waaaaay serious attempt (I would hardly describe my attempt to date as serious), which now means I know what that means for you (and where you draw the line for things to be considered impossible too).

Serious, impossible... people assign various degrees to the use of these words and you usually have to know a person to know what they mean when using them within their speech. For you these applied where I generally wouldn't think so... and now I know.

And maybe I should also take note that you interpret other people being annoyed as being angry. I was annoyed at this wild goose chase, but hardly angry. Though considering your idea of when to apply serious, it is quite understandable why you'd read mild annoyance as anger.

As long as we are defining words, I'd hardly call anything I've done here an effort... I really haven't started putting forward an effort yet. I was playing around for a few minutes to see what I might come up with (this post took longer to type than it took me to draw what I posted). But I was attempting to determine if this might be worth some effort or if the best possible version had already been done by someone. And actually feek61 has done a nice rendition.

Sadly, there is a good chance you'll read this as anger too... I hope not, because that would be annoying.
Are you by any chance related to Christopher, the Writer? 'Cause you sure seem to enjoy a satisfying trip to the woodshed.

Hope this doesn't annoy you too much.
Old September 25 2009, 09:19 PM   #29
Shaw
Commodore

Are you by any chance related to Christopher, the Writer? 'Cause you sure seem to enjoy a satisfying trip to the woodshed.

Hope this doesn't annoy you too much.
I'm guessing that this comment was harking back to this post by you... which, of course, brought on this response.

It is interesting as it seems he must have really gotten under your skin if you felt a compulsion to bring him up in a thread in which he was not taking part. I gotta respect Christopher for that.

So no, I don't find that annoying... I'll take it as a compliment.

But you might want to let things like your run in with Christopher go. It is best to just move on and forget about such things (as I'm sure he hasn't given you a second thought).
Old February 15 2010, 10:49 PM   #30
EDP197
Cadet

Well, this is about as far as I'll most likely go on this for now... I have other more pressing projects that I need to be spending time on. It isn't perfect, but it should give anyone else wanting to pick it up from here a good starting point.

Wear can I get the cleaned up version of this say 11x14? Please HELP!!!
EDP197 is offline   Reply With Quote