Two Trek Actors In Green Room
By: T'Bonz on Oct 30

Trek UglyDolls First Look
By: T'Bonz on Oct 29

New Star Trek Select Action Figure

Trek Actors In Elsa & Fred

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old November 2 2009, 03:47 PM   #16
Captain Craig
Vice Admiral

Re: 30 Days of Night sequel to shoot - Dark Days

JacksonArcher wrote: View Post
Steve Niles, who is co-writing and co-executive producing this time, said...there's a slight possibility the film might get a limited theatrical release...
A short release of 2-3 weeks around Halloween would be all it needed. Especially since it seems the SAW franchise isn't the threat it used to be. It's ruled the October slot the last few years and scarred other movies out of the month like Wolfman & Trick R Treat. Those two I recall reading the move was SAW related. I wouldn't be surprised if Underworld Rise of Lycans was moved to avoid SAW and they just didn't mention it.

Captaindemotion wrote: View Post
As regards Melissa George's non-return, she's rightly getting great acclaim for her part in In Treatment and starred in the recent and well-received Triangle. She also had a recurring role in Grey's Anatomy and has a few current and future projects in her IMDB page. Hardly surprising she doesn't want to come back for a direct-to-DVD sequel.
Her participation is what could've given it a shot at theatrical release. She has at least as much name recognition as some other smaller stars(Jennifer Carpenter of Dexter) who have gotten theatrical releases(Quarantine).
Captain Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 2 2009, 04:55 PM   #17
Captaindemotion
Vice Admiral

^ Could be she just didn't like the script. Or the fee!
Old November 8 2009, 10:45 AM   #18
Aragorn
Admiral

Picture from the sequel. It looks like Kiele Sanchez is playing Melissa George's role:

Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 4 2010, 08:00 PM   #19
Aragorn
Admiral

Starring Kiele Sanchez, Rhys Coiro, Diora Baird, Harold Perrineau and Mia Kirshner.
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 4 2010, 08:13 PM   #20
Chemahkuu
Vice Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Chemahkuu

Captain Craig wrote: View Post
JacksonArcher wrote: View Post
Steve Niles, who is co-writing and co-executive producing this time, said...there's a slight possibility the film might get a limited theatrical release...
A short release of 2-3 weeks around Halloween would be all it needed. Especially since it seems the SAW franchise isn't the threat it used to be. It's ruled the October slot the last few years and scarred other movies out of the month like Wolfman & Trick R Treat. Those two I recall reading the move was SAW related. I wouldn't be surprised if Underworld Rise of Lycans was moved to avoid SAW and they just didn't mention it.
Underworld 3 had several production problems that knocked the schedule back more than once, it would have seen a September release like the original but it was nearly February of 2009 when it came out.

Underworld 4 suffered a more serious setback than that and has been pushed from January to September of 2011 because of it, they just seem to have bad luck with each film when it gets closer to the release date.
Chemahkuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 4 2010, 08:26 PM   #21
JoeZhang
Vice Admiral

Captaindemotion wrote: View Post
^ Could be she just didn't like the script. Or the fee!

I demand that Melissa George comes here and explains in detail why she did not return, it's clearly causing a lot of anxiety and it is the only way to clear this all up. Failing that, one of you could go hide in her trashcan and try and catch her.
JoeZhang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28 2010, 10:49 PM   #22
Captain Craig
Vice Admiral

Re: 30 Days of Night: Dark Days

The DVD is set to come out next week on Oct. 5, there are four clips attached here that I really like.
It’s been a year since the Alaskan town of Barrow’s population was decimated by vampires during its annual month long sunset. Riddled with grief over the death of her husband, bound by nightmares and void of all emotions beyond hate and sorrow, Stella (Kiele Sanchez) has spent the past months traveling the world, trying to convince others that vampires exist. Met with skepticism and laughter, Stella is ready to throw in the towel when a group of lost souls (Rhys Coiro, Diora Baird and Harold Perrineau) offers an incredible opportunity: the chance to exact revenge upon Lilith (Mia Kirshner), the vampire queen responsible for the assault on her sleepy Alaskan town. With nothing remaining to live for, and nothing left to fear, Stella joins their mission and ventures into the uncharted underbelly of Los Angeles where she pushes herself to the most extreme limits to stop the evil from striking again.
I'm impressed with the clips. Really like the first one at the lecture scene. I'd wager that is in the first 10min of the movie. Too bad they didnt' attempt to give this some type of limited run theatrically.
Captain Craig is offline   Reply With Quote