CBS Launches Streaming Service
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

Yelchin In New Indie Thriller

Saldana In The Book of Life

Cracked’s New Sci-Fi Satire
By: T'Bonz on Oct 16

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Movies > Star Trek Movies XI+

Star Trek Movies XI+ Discuss J.J. Abrams' rebooted Star Trek here.

Old August 20 2009, 02:58 AM   #1
Temis the Vorta
Fleet Admiral

So. Who's watching Heroes just for Quinto?

Admit it. You'll watch even the Heroes crapfest because you MUST have more Zach, ears or no ears, and two frakkin' years between Trek films is downright torture.

H-Hour, D-Day: Sept 21, 8-10 p.m. on NBC, the Titanic of networks.

Yes, it's a month away but I know how you people like to get a head start on things...

Not sure whether we should spoiler code the last season in this thread. For the uninitiated, be forewarned that Zach's role on the show has become fairly...strange.
Temis the Vorta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 20 2009, 03:04 AM   #2
diftorhehsmusma
Lieutenant Commander

Re: So. Who's watching Heroes just for Quinto?

i am absolutely gonna watch it, but i don't think it's that bad. part of me really feels for sylar, actually, and i am very interested to see what becomes of him after that last.... event. (i don't know how to spoiler code anything.) it was trek that introduced me to him but i found i enjoyed his performance on 'heroes,' even if the writers couldn't seem to make up their minds which direction to take his character.

but i'd like to hear other peoples' takes on it. what did you mean when you said it was 'strange'?
diftorhehsmusma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 20 2009, 03:09 AM   #3
Temis the Vorta
Fleet Admiral

i am absolutely gonna watch it, but i don't think it's that bad.
I love the characters. The writing is all over the map. But hey I watched four years of Farscape and it wasn't much better.
what did you mean when you said it was 'strange'?

Anyway, that should be fun for both Zach and Adrian Pasdar, especially since they are two of the best actors on the show.

PS, hit quote on this post and see how the spoiler coding works. You can just type it in like that, or use the little icon with the face that looks constipated (how do you explain that one!)
Old August 20 2009, 03:13 AM   #4
diftorhehsmusma
Lieutenant Commander

Temis the Vorta wrote: View Post
The writing is all over the map.
yes, and this would be the big fat elephant in the room that i hope and pray someone in a position of authority takes notice of. last season didn't feel like it had direction so much as it was just jerky. let events continue along some sort of course for more than a couple episodes, please!
Old August 20 2009, 03:14 AM   #5
Temis the Vorta
Fleet Admiral

Kring seems aware that something is wrong with the writing, but shows no signs that he understands how to fix it.
Old August 20 2009, 03:14 AM   #6
Chrisisall
Commodore

Heroes sucks now, and it's just a pale copy of Watchmen now that I think on it.
First season was intoxicating, after that, "meh."
Chrisisall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 20 2009, 03:15 AM   #7
Crusher Disciple
Admiral

View Crusher Disciple's Twitter Profile

Is it all 3 seasons? I already have that on Instant Viewing from Netflix.

Call me when Vh1 decides to do a marathon of So NoTORIous.
Old August 20 2009, 03:34 AM   #8
NileQT87
Commander

View NileQT87's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to NileQT87 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to NileQT87 Send a message via Yahoo to NileQT87

::rolls eyes::

Season 1 wasn't flawless (I'm not the biggest fan of Simone, D.L., Hiro and Niki--add Monica and Damon in season 2--Linderman, Nathan and Micah's turn as Rebel are the only redeeming aspects of Niki's storyline). And season 3 wasn't bad at all (hands down the best one, IMO--it focused on the best characters like Sylar, Noah, Angela, Danko and Nathan). Making Sylar a multi-faceted and ambiguous character is a GOOD thing.

I won't be suffering. I can't wait for the Nathan/Sylar plotline.
NileQT87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 20 2009, 03:56 AM   #9
Doggeh
Lieutenant Commander

Send a message via AIM to Doggeh

I was a big fan of Heroes and Quinto BEFORE Trek. I only just got into Star Trek after seeing the movie because I'm such a Zach fangirl. I love Heroes as a whole and I don't think the quality was that bad at the end of season 3.

Though I am really looking forward to seeing Sylar on screen again, hes definitely my favorite part of the series right now. Apparenty we'll only be getting new Heroes until the Winter Olympics start up on NBC afterwards its time slot will be replaced by Chuck. Gonna have to wait a few months till a new season after that.
Doggeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 20 2009, 03:59 AM   #10
Borgminister

Temis the Vorta wrote: View Post
Kring seems aware that something is wrong with the writing, but shows no signs that he understands how to fix it.
Perhaps he's an "idea man" like Roddenberry was for Trek.
Borgminister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 20 2009, 04:00 AM   #11
diftorhehsmusma
Lieutenant Commander

Doggeh wrote: View Post
Apparenty we'll only be getting new Heroes until the Winter Olympics start up on NBC afterwards its time slot will be replaced by Chuck. Gonna have to wait a few months till a new season after that.
that's awful! wtf? is it going to come back afterwards? i have disliked tv programmers for some time, they seem to enjoy stunts like this.
Old August 20 2009, 04:28 AM   #12
Doggeh
Lieutenant Commander

Send a message via AIM to Doggeh

I'm guessing there will be another season next fall.

But last I read we'll get the new season of Heroes up until the Olympics but after that it'll be replaced by Chuck.
Doggeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 20 2009, 04:46 AM   #13
EnsignRicky
Commodore

I've never really watched the show, but I would bet a lot of people were watching it because of him before Star Trek. Even I've heard of Syler.
Old August 20 2009, 04:59 AM   #14
NileQT87
Commander

View NileQT87's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to NileQT87 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to NileQT87 Send a message via Yahoo to NileQT87

Well, I watch it for Sylar and Noah (HRG) mainly. (Got to give Jack Coleman his props, too.)

Speaking of my lovely Sylar and Noah infatuation: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSHVw9XVwRM

I actually was introduced to Heroes THROUGH Star Trek, rather than the other way around. And I totally watched Star Trek on a whim (OT Warsie, here) because people kept raving about it on my BtVS/AtS board. I had seen the famous "Save the cheerleader, save the world" much-hyped Homecoming episode (the famous big entrance of Sylar, of course) way back when it first aired (even I saw it!), but I hadn't stuck with it.

First time I ever heard about the show was actually on the long plane ride from Athens, Greece to Atlanta, Georgia (summer 2006), where they were showing previews for upcoming shows. Thus, I had seen large chunks of Genesis because of that long preview and knew the gist of most of the main characters. I remember Claire got attention from Buffy fans because of the super-powered cheerleader aspect (one of those 'hey, that's our territory!' things). I still remember Heroes getting a lot of Buffy-related attention because of that.

Zach Quinto knocked my socks off as Spock, and I couldn't get enough of him, so I checked out Heroes and ended up with two new fandoms!
NileQT87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 20 2009, 05:22 AM   #15
Tribbles
Commander

Location: Tribbles are on the bridge, your lunch tray, everywhere-- and multiplying at an alarming rate!

I tried watching some Heroes clips and just kept saying, "Spock, NO, that's so MEAN!"

Tribbles is offline   Reply With Quote