Star Trek Movie Prop Auction
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

Drexler: NX Engineering Room Construction
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

New Trek Home Fashions
By: T'Bonz on Jul 4

Star Trek Pop-Ups Book Preview
By: T'Bonz on Jul 3

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Gaming

Gaming Non-Star Trek Gaming

Old July 18 2009, 11:32 PM   #1
Rii
Rear Admiral

Wipeout HD Fury

I was kinda ambivalent about the announcement of Fury seeing as I still haven't quite gotten around to finishing the tournaments in the initial release yet. Then I saw Zone Battle (0:37) mode. Sold!
Rii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19 2009, 04:44 PM   #2
Servo
Rear Admiral

Re: Wipeout HD Fury

I'll definitely be getting this. Love Wipeout HD, and this expansion looks sweet.
Old July 20 2009, 07:29 AM   #3
BigFoot
Admiral

Yeah I'll probably get this as well. It seems a bit pricey, but I guess I'm gonna have to deal with it.
BigFoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20 2009, 10:03 PM   #4
Servo
Rear Admiral

Release date for PAL territories has been confirmed; July 23rd. It'll set you back £7.99/€9.99.

http://www.psu.com/WipEout-HD-expans...a007782-p0.php

BigFoot wrote: View Post
Yeah I'll probably get this as well. It seems a bit pricey, but I guess I'm gonna have to deal with it.
Seems a pretty reasonable price considering you're getting...

12 new tracks
13 new ships
Six new music tracks
Redesigned menu
A new campaign with new trophies
3 new race types

That's practically a whole new game.
Old July 22 2009, 03:30 AM   #5
Servo
Rear Admiral

The 2.00 update was released today. It includes a redesigned ship/track selection menu, the addition of a statistics menu, tweaks to the SP and MP gameplay, and the trophies for the Fury expansion have been added to the trophy list.

Can't wait to get Fury at the weekend.
Old August 6 2009, 05:01 PM   #6
Rii
Rear Admiral

So I've spent a reasonable amount of time online with Fury now, and whilst the new tracks are welcome they only serve to reinforce one of the complaints I've always had about Wipeout in comparison to, say, Mario Kart or F-Zero, which is the essential sameness of the tracks. I've completed the original HD campaign and am Rank 17 online, yet the only tracks I can identify by name are Sol 2 and Ubermall, the rest are just a blur. I get that Wipeout has a particular aesthetic style dating back to the Designer's Republic, but it'd be nice to see a little more imagination in the track design.

Eliminator mode isn't my thing, Zone Battle isn't bad but it's not how I would've multiplayer'd Zone Mode, also I suck at it. I haven't tried the third new mode yet on account of it not being available online. The new front-end is awesome, and the vehicles are beautifully modelled.

For folks who race online, which speed class do you prefer? I usually stick with either Flash or Rapier. Venom is too slow for my tastes and Phantom is too fast.
Rii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6 2009, 05:50 PM   #7
BigFoot
Admiral

^ While I've received all the Fury medals, I actually haven't played it much online. And yeah, I also prefer Flash and Rapier.
BigFoot is offline   Reply With Quote